Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A week ago....

I genuinely couldn't see where the next win was coming from, and we looked absolute stonewall relegation favourites. So many negative factors were coinciding, but above anything the players looked completely devoid of confidence and general want of being here.

We are not fully out the woods yet, however I thought it would take 10 games to get those six points, not 2.

Whoever has had an impact on this turnaround (and it almost definitely won't be one thing or one person), take a bow. You have earned your wages in the last week.

Well done everyone

Comments

• Hear hear, hic :wink:
  • Step forward the Belgique Eileen Drewery !
  • Football is crazy.

We were Clueless 1st half against Norwich, any of our ex players would of said that.
    AFKA who would of thought when Tony walked along the line for the 2nd half he would make such a difference ( i did) against Norwich.

Then the great spirit shown by crowd and players against Brentford.

Tonight we took our chances, My lad just text to say, won't get home till 3am should of won by 5 or 6 in the end.

Greedy Boy.
  • We're gonna do Derby on Tuesday night aswell
  • Agreed, i've posted something similar on the JJ thread, wondering how much of an impact his pre-match Brentford message has had on influencing the fans getting behind the team.
  • I think things even themselves out. We over achieved at the start of the season, then under achieved during the barren 3 months. We needed the spark of a good performance against a team (Brentford) wounded by their own problems to break that trot, and now we have the confidence can hopefully go on a good run again.
  • Nicholas said:

We're gonna do Derby on Tuesday night aswell

I look at Derby as the free hit,

Udders at home when we are going to have 22k plus is the game
    i really want to win so we can see happy faces at the valley again........
    From the home fans not the lot in the Jimmy seed.

As I am fairly close to the Jimmy Seed stand I shall be giving it large if we stick it to them, having welcomed SCP out of the tunnel pre match.
  • Yes, a week ago, I could not see where the next win would come from, but am delighted the style has changed and we are attacking and winning again. My concerns regarding the network have not gone away, but pleased for the players and fans who made the trip last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• The return of Henderson, the championship experience of Johnson at the back. Cousins back in centre midfield and going with Igor/Watt up top as shown that this squad can win games of football if you don't over complicate.

Simple game.
  • shirty5 said:

The return of Henderson, the championship experience of Johnson at the back. Cousins back in centre midfield and going with Igor/Watt up top as shown that this squad can win games of football if you don't over complicate.

Simple game.

And Bulot on the left. More attacking football, less tapping it around at the back.
  • This quote this morning from the Dutch finance minister made me smile.
    Was he listening to the radio commentary during the Greece bailout negotiation?

"I think tonight was a first step in this process of rebuilding trust. As you know trust leaves quicker than it comes. Tonight was a very important, I think, step in that process," Mr Dijsselbloem said.
  • What about that sports psych guy? Maybe he has had an impact. Again.
  • Yes just a week back and we were the team the bottom three had in their sights, our sudden resurgence must be a morale blow.
  • edited February 2015
    shirty5 said:

The return of Henderson, the championship experience of Johnson at the back. Cousins back in centre midfield and going with Igor/Watt up top as shown that this squad can win games of football if you don't over complicate.

Simple game.

Scoham said:

shirty5 said:

Simple game.

And Bulot on the left. More attacking football, less tapping it around at the back.
    Agree with both but there's also one parallel with last seasons turnaround - bringing in the sports psychologist. I wont for a second pretend I understand psychology or how it works, but similar to last season we now seem to be a team playing with renewed confidence and in a league where there are only fine margins between lots of teams that can play a massive part. May just be a coincidence but I thought it was worth pointing out and the board deserve credit for making the call.
  • edited February 2015
    Dizzle said:

What about that sports psych guy? Maybe he has had an impact. Again.

great call, I wonder what Jimmy stone knows about it maybe he can help tell us