Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton players who played for Man Utd

2»

Comments

• RedChaser said:

Mark Penfold great little attacking full back in the Chris Solly mould with over 70 appearances 1973-79 for us went on trial with with a view to signing but never got the gig. What might have been. A bad leg eventually injury cut short a career at the top. :-(

The rumour about Mark at the time was that United wanted him but he was homesick.....didn't like it ooooop north. Don't know if it's true.

• cabbles said:

Robin Van Persie

EDIT: Sorry this will be clear next January :wink:

Just for that you're gonna get one of these me old mucker
    For some reason I can't upload the 'CONFIRMED' jpg I have. Well that was a waste of time
  • edited February 2015
    Harlod Halse. Played in our first ever league game having scored 41 times in 109 appearances for Man Utd.

• Frank Haydock - great centre-half in mid-Sixties

One of my favourite players. Not a bad centre forward either.
  • George Best - albeit in Les Berry's testimonial match
  • RedChaser said:

Mark Penfold great little attacking full back in the Chris Solly mould with over 70 appearances 1973-79 for us went on trial with with a view to signing but never got the gig. What might have been. A bad leg eventually injury cut short a career at the top. :-(

The rumour about Mark at the time was that United wanted him but he was homesick.....didn't like it ooooop north. Don't know if it's true.

Didn't Mark Penfold suffer a broken leg in the Tottenham game at The Valley?
  • Allenby Chilton.
  • RedChaser said:

That's not the impression I got from him. :wink:
  • Goalkeeper Paul rachubka
  • Didn't they pay a lot of money for one of our young central defenders once upon a time from our Youth Academy. I can't for the life of me remember his name, but I never heard of him again, so he obvoiusly wasn't as good as they though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mcginty.
  • He's now 21 years old and on loan at Halifax. Oh dear!