Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson ruled out for one month as Luzon considers Diarra deal

Comments

• Jackson clearly wasn't fit for the Brentford game. Anyone but Buyens is my preferred option.
  • We need to sign a tank in midfield.
  • Jackson clearly wasn't fit for the Brentford game. Anyone but Buyens is my preferred option.

Jacko hasn't exactly been on fire all season. No reason to think that Buyens can't do at least as good a job.
  • Good to see that Wiggins won't be out for very long. I feared another long lay off when he went down injured.
  • Buyens tends to play better without JJ for some reason.
  • Will Lepoint to be given a chance to prove he was still jet lagged
    when he made his cameo the other week ?

we're still to replace our Coq ?

we're like a rowing team without the little fellow at the end.

Our midfield is a coqless four.

There has definitely been a side effect from that ice box we all shared last night Sam but I'm warming to your sense of humour. :wink:
  • Buyens will come good with Cousins next to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben18 said:

Rizzo said:

Buyens tends to play better without JJ for some reason.

yeah, outstanding at Watford
    So was the rest of the team. :wink:
  • edited February 2015
    Rizzo said:

Buyens tends to play better without JJ for some reason.

In a defensive way at the start of the season they did ok,
    But the championship in 2014/15 you can't get away with having 2 slow players in the midfield because we were getting closed down to quickly when we had the ball, and the other midfield have been playing around us and JJ then makes too many fouls when he gets to the ball late.

Buyens is a mystery to me as earlier on he looked good, with Peeters slow build up it didn't take coaches long to cotton on that the ball would be rolled out to Buyens and we were so slow the ball ended up going back to the keeper.

JJ looked better against Brentford until he got injured, really want Jackson to be offered a coaching role next season, still be a player as back up.

Don't want him to go on like colin walsh and others and get stick from some,
    the man have done so much for this club

• I hope he does not go for Diarra, West Ham mate did not rate him, I believe that is the general view for most West Ham supporters from the few games he played.

Jacko hasn't exactly been on fire all season. No reason to think that Buyens can't do at least as good a job.
    You clearly didn't go to Watford.

You clearly didn't go to Derby, Wigan, Brentford, Reading, Watford at home, etc etc ;) They were all dog turd @ Watford.

You clearly didn't go to Derby, Wigan, Brentford, Reading, Watford at home, etc etc ;) They were all dog turd @ Watford.
    but Jackson played in all of those games?
  • msomerton said:

I hope he does not go for Diarra, West Ham mate did not rate him, I believe that is the general view for most West Ham supporters from the few games he played.

West Ham fans want to get rid of Allardyce for losing one game though...
  • Ben18 said:

Jackson clearly wasn't fit for the Brentford game. Anyone but Buyens is my preferred option.

but Jackson played in all of those games?
    So are we saying that Buyens needs Jacko next to him in order to perform? I would like to see how he plays with Cousins (a player with more pace) next to him for a longer period. Jacko and Buyens next to each other is slower than a robin reliant stuck in first gear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Diarra would be a useful addition. If Buyens could get back his early season enthusiasm i'd have no qualms about him being in instead of JJ alongside Cousins. but he has has just been so poor of late. Wonder when Lepoint is going to be tried.
  • Chris Eagles has signed, its on the OS. Should be in contention for tomorrow evening. Guess that's Diarra out the window.
  • Leuth said:

Lepoint has the turning circle of one

Tanks can turn on the spot...
  • Chris Eagles has signed, its on the OS. Should be in contention for tomorrow evening. Guess that's Diarra out the window.

Not at all, think Eagles is an attacking option Diarra a defensive one.
  • edited February 2015
    Surely Lepoint will fill in, he must be fit enough by now or is he suffering from a case of Polish Pete/Nego/Thuram at sparrows lane?
  • edited February 2015

Surely Lepoint will fill in, he must be fit enough by now or is he suffering from a case of Polish Pete/Nego/Thuram at sparrows lane?

Not sure why we bought him on a 2.5 year deal. Unproven in this country, past 30, with a serious injury from which he has never fully recovered and slower than JJ. Hardly a signing with the future in mind. Is he married to a relative of Duhan?
  • Surely Lepoint will fill in, he must be fit enough by now or is he suffering from a case of Polish Pete/Nego/Thuram at sparrows lane?

Not sure why we bought him on a 2.5 year deal. Unproven in this country, past 30, with a serious injury from which he has never fully recovered and slower than JJ. Hardly a signing with the future in mind. Is he married to a relative of Duhan?
    Bought with St Truiden in mind imo. They'll get promoted and we'll loan le Point to them. Meanwhile he adds to our wafer thin squad this season.

Reading Diarra's Wiki page he seems the type to start an argument in an empty room so it will be interesting to see how he fits in with some of the characters in the dressing room and the manager
  • thats wat we want not nice charlton all the time
  • Buyens will come good with Cousins next to him.

How many cousins has he got? Are they from the Network?
  • clearly not back yet

Ian Abrahams (Moose) ‏@BroadcastMoose 1h1 hour ago
    Tonight on @talkSPORTKO I'm at The Valley reporting on Charlton v Fulham with @CAFCofficial capt @johnnie_jackson