Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans demand dialogue with owners at Woolwich meeting

Comments

• Comprehensive summary, thanks.
  • Absolutely accurately reflects the meeting, very very good write up.
  • Excellent report. Right rogues' gallery of pictures though!
  • Very good report.
  • We need to convince Roland that his master plan should be to make us No.1 in the network. The rewards for the team getting into the premiership are vast, he can then reap the rewards or sell the club on if he wants.
  • We need to convince Roland that his master plan should be to make us No.1 in the network. The rewards for the team getting into the premiership are vast, he can then reap the rewards or sell the club on if he wants.

I think he probably knows that already!!
  • bobmunro said:

We need to convince Roland that his master plan should be to make us No.1 in the network. The rewards for the team getting into the premiership are vast, he can then reap the rewards or sell the club on if he wants.

I think he probably knows that already!!
    If he does, he's got a funny way of going about to achieve it.

The trouble is, his scheme is dependent on making a profit or breaking even at least whilst doing it. In today's football, I would say that is extremely difficult. Burnley are struggling and Leicester spent a fortune to get beaten every week.

He is trying to 'Moneyball' his way there, which is fair enough if you have someone smart enough to identify undervalued players with plenty of upside. Too often he has mistaken 'cheap' for 'value'. He will continue to do so until he can find a director of football/general manager (not an agent!!) who knows what they are on about and whom Duchatalet will trust to spend his money sensibly. I am not hopeful that such a creature exists!

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015

People demanding that Roland sell up and go should be careful what they wish for in my opinion. I agree that comms could be, and probably should be, improved.

I think that demanding the owner sell up and leave will make us look like spoilt brats to outsiders. The message across all public channels at this time should be about IMPROVING COMMUNICATION.

IF RD starts asset stripping etc, then is the time for demanding his exit. By then, there is a possibility that the outside world will just think 'here we go again, Charlton clowns/trainspotters/anoraks wanting the moon on a stick again'

To be Frank, To_be_franck (stop repeating yourself Sam)

That was the majority view in Siberia last night(glad i had two pairs of socks on)
    wish i hadn't worn my shorts and T-shirt thou !

Steve Dixon and maybe 3 others felt Roland must sell up and go.(out of the speakers)
    I still feel we have to find out about the man and what he does
    when he is confronted, well i know he seemed to ignore the fans at SL, but could he bring us to our knees if it was all out war ?

i don't at the moment want to be a Portsmouth and struggle to stay in League 2
    and say well at least we have got our club back, as we watch our twin strikers of
    Tamer Tuner and Pavel Abbot try to score the goals to keep as in the League.

But with Duchatelet track record at Standard if we say have a great season 2015/16 and finished 7th or fail in the Play offs the history books tell us he would sell both Tony Watt Or Igor if they were our stars next season.

Then most of us would join Dixon and co in League 2 With

"come on Tuner your like a fish out of water"
    "come on Abbot, Friar tuck moves quicker than you"

sorry i'll get my coat.... i wish i had it last night in the hall.

• Very good report.

People demanding that Roland sell up and go should be careful what they wish for in my opinion. I agree that comms could be, and probably should be, improved.

I think that demanding the owner sell up and leave will make us look like spoilt brats to outsiders. The message across all public channels at this time should be about IMPROVING COMMUNICATION.

IF RD starts asset stripping etc, then is the time for demanding his exit. By then, there is a possibility that the outside world will just think 'here we go again, Charlton clowns/trainspotters/anoraks wanting the moon on a stick again'

To be Frank, To_be_franck (stop repeating yourself Sam)

That was the majority view in Siberia last night(glad i had two pairs of socks on)
    wish i hadn't worn my shorts and T-shirt thou !

Steve Dixon and maybe 3 others felt Roland must sell up and go.(out of the speakers)
    I still feel we have to find out about the man and want he does
    when he is confronted, well i know he seemed to ignore the fans at SL, but could he bring us to our knees if it was all out war ?

i don't at the moment want to be a Portsmouth and struggled to stay in League 2
    and say well at least we have got our club back, as we watch our twin strikers of
    Tamer Tuner and Pavel Abbot try to score the goals to keep as in the League.

But with Duchatelet track record at Standard if we say had a great season and finished 7th or failed in the Play offs the history books tell us he would sell both Tony Watt Or Igor if they were our stars next season.

Then most of us would join Dixon and co in League 2 With

"come on Tuner your like a fish out of water"
    "come on Abbot, Friar tuck moves quicker than you"

sorry i'll get my coat.... i wish i had it last night in the hall.

You been drinking Sam? :smiley:

• I had to miss the meeting, but I think that a big problem exists in that there is only one person with whom we could have a meaningful, continuing exchange of views, and that is Roland himself. Katrien appears to be very pleasant lady, but only plays the Archie Andrews part I'm afraid, for the youngsters Archie was a ventriloquist's dummy. I believe that any attempt that we make to open a dialogue has to go directly to Roland himself, otherwise he will just continue to ignore us as he does now. We should then publish all things sent to Roland in the media, keeping it polite, positive, and showing the love that we have for OUR Club, and determination to support the team to the maximum. We obviously have some excellent communicators in our midst, and I hate to say it, we need a committee !
  • People demanding that Roland sell up and go should be careful what they wish for in my opinion. I agree that comms could be, and probably should be, improved.

I'd echo this.

I do feel that the approach to trying to achieve improved communication should be though positive persuasion rather than sanction (e.g. season ticket renewal protest). I've a feeling that if the fans try to 'force' an RD response we won't like his eventual response.

Whilst I'm a network supporter and didn't necessarily agree with holding the meeting, I do appreciate those that have made efforts to unite the fan base.

• bobmunro said:

Beat me to it TBF - was about to post something very similar. Asking for dialogue is one thing and something I applaud and support. But Steve Dixon demanding Roland sell up and go is not very helpful at all.
    I still can't understand why it was one of the 4 change options in the Trust's recent survey - and it had to be voted for regardless of wether you want it or not, even if only in 4th place. Seems odd.
  • Only Coffee today Davo.

But yesterday was a bit surreal as had to rush around yesterday to get things done, then my London Bridge train was diverted to Victoria and before i knew it i was in the spoons on the concourse and pints of very cold Stella started to flow.
    i'm the sort of person who drinks to forget ? Forget what?
    i don't know, i've Forgotten. I then got on a packed train and got off at the Dockyard instead of the Arsenal and realize i didn't know where i was ?
    Charlton is the nearest i ever get to woolwich.

when i got to the meeting , i applauded every speaker regardless, because every one had valid points to be made.

Pleased i made the effort, i'm Charlton till i die unless they play like they did at Watford Again.

Carry on Posting ( was Sid James in that one ?)

• It seemed to me that KM stated quite clearly on Tuesday's VIP meeting, that RD left her to run the club apart from OK'ing transfers, it was her job to communicate with supporters, which is why, I think, she got rattled at the end, because it meant the fans did not trust her (many calling her a liar), so if the communication is failing, RD will see it as her failing in her job. I believe that if RD decides to meet the supporters, it will mean no trust in KM to do her job properly and we may see another CEO (or whatever title she has), that would be a big decision for RD, has he got anyone else he can trust to run the club, because he is certainly not going to run it day-to-day, that is what he pays KM for (very well, according to her). I can never see RD visiting the Valley more often than he does already, or the other clubs will say he favours Charlton, and he has said many times, all the clubs are his children he has no favourites, treats them all equally and must stand on the own feet.