Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Warburton to leave Brentford at end of season

That's what happens when you get turned over at the Valley

Comments

• He can back to The Valley if he likes.
  • Don't get it, there must be more to this
  • edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015
    You'd imagine that something has gone on behind the scenes regarding his conduct, but if that were the case, surely he'd be sacked.

Crazy decision by the owner, who stated "Every decision I take is intended to be in the best long term interests of the club,". Well, if throwing away what will probably be your only chance of reaching the premier league is in the best interest of your club, then best of luck matey.

I bet bees fans are well chuffed at this.....................
  • We know what has happened- the owner wanted to sign players in the window and the manager was happy with his squad and concerned that new faces would have a detrimental effect on morale. Losing two games on the trot – one a sound beating by a team that hadn’t previously won for 3 months was never going to reconcile the situation. Of course, the owners previous statement could be said to have damaged the morale that the manager was so protective off. It wasn’t just that we won on Saturday, but in all honesty it was as comfortable a win as I can remember for a long time.
  • Some of his favourite snacks:

• Football has gone mad. Or perhaps Warburton has gone stale.
  • dickplumb said:

Football has gone mad. Or perhaps Warburton has gone stale.

He'll no longer be the breadwinner for his family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Warburton's Shit,
    Warburton's Shit,
    Kingsmill's much better,
    Warburtons' Shit.

Toast in the morning
    You'll be toast in the morning
    Toast in the morning
    You'll be toast in the morning

• Aren't they on course for their highest League finish in nearly 70 years or something?

Seems incredibly harsh that he's not going to get the chance to build on that further. He'll not be short of offers for a new job in the summer though so I'm sure he'll be alright.

Seems they have big plans down there and I guess fair play to them for planning ahead - not enough clubs do that - but it'd make more sense if it was someone like Warnock who has had numerous chances in the top flight and never done it, Warburton has never managed there so how does anyone know if he's up to it or not? Plus they're not even there yet and we all know promotion is a lot easier said than done.

I suspect they may have killed off any chance they had of promotion this season too as whenever this kind of mid season announcement about a manager leaving at the end of the season has happened before it has tended to demotivate the players involved.

Warburton has handled it impeccably so far though from what I've seen, very professional and dignified. Mad that he used to be a stock broker.
  • He's definitely guaranteed himself 2-3 mid-top Championship level jobs after this season, so I'm sure he's perfectly happy to see out his contract and sign a nice juicy contract somewhere else. Crazy chairman decision though, wonder if that's part of this 'fit and proper' test.
  • colin1961 said:

He refused to buy 3 Spanish players the owner wanted in Jan so has been told you'd fired along with his back room team

Cross the 3 amigos at your peril.

• dickplumb said:

Football has gone mad. Or perhaps Warburton has gone stale.

He had already made a crust in the city,
    Warburton is not short of dough.
    he didn't need a rise.

• Bread jokes... a new low for CL. At yeast the only way is up!
  • He got a lot of credit from me when he refused to blame their defeat on Saturday on the problems going on .
  • Here endeth Brentford's season
  • Surely he'll look to stay if he knows which side his bread is buttered?
  • Sponsored links:

• Couldn't see Warburton wanting to work in our set up and I don't think Roly will change his approach to accommodate him.
  • Bread jokes... a new low for CL. At yeast the only way is up!

Crumbs not so sure about that, could be 50/50. :smiley:
  • RedChaser said:

Bread jokes... a new low for CL. At yeast the only way is up!

A mate of mine said he thought he saw my name on a loaf of bread then realised it said, 'Thick Cut'.
    The old one's are the best!
  • edited February 2015
    colin1961 said:

The new head coach will not have the power to buy players that will be down to the new director of football and the owner all will be spainish

Just like Peeters and Luzon. Is there any club in English football where this model has succeeded? How many have failed?

• Just like Peeters and Luzon. Is there any club in English football where this model has succeeded? How many have failed?

City, Liverpool, Southampton, Spurs (until last season). Think Brighton/Reading have used it pretty well under Poyet as well at a lower level.

It really depends on how it is implemented, it needs to be a consistent set up where the head coach fits perfectly under the DOF and I think our dear ex managerial great at Les Reed said that the head coach is secondary at Southampton as the youth set up/transfers is all in place and they need to see if the head coach fits what they do rather than what the board can do for the manager.

Seems odd for Warburton though considering he was a Director of Football for Rosler before that he would be against it but fair enough I'm sure he will get a job elsewhere.

For us it's more Roland the individual not understanding English football (or football) enough rather than the system itself; With good scouting for players like Johann/Igor as well as ocassional loans from Liege to fill up our squad it would probably work a lot better but the recruiting (players and staff) hasn't been good enough for us.
  • edited February 2015
    purdis said:

RedChaser said:

Bread jokes... a new low for CL. At yeast the only way is up!

A mate of mine said he thought he saw my name on a loaf of bread then realised it said, 'Thick Cut'.
    The old one's are the best!
    Someone tried to get a rise out of me with that one the other day, but I just roll with the punches with and his joke fell flat.
  • Warburton has been treated like a piece of turd by the Brentford chairman.