Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• "Guy Luzon is the latest member of a Duchatelet circus that threatens to plunge Charlton in to the darkest times since I started supporting the club"

"Having said this, it’s perhaps too early to judge Luzon"
  • I have been going to the Valley since i was 6 years old attending my first game in 1971. I am a season ticket holder and have witnessed this season home and a good few away.
    It isnt good but is it really that bad!
  • Should of held off putting the article in till after Saturdays game. Who'd of thought eh?
  • Was submitted after but didn't want to change feel of piece based on one result. General opinion regarding my connection to club remains the same despite an excellent result at the weekend
  • I have been going to the Valley since i was 6 years old attending my first game in 1971. I am a season ticket holder and have witnessed this season home and a good few away.
    It isnt good but is it really that bad!

I think it's a generational viewpoint as well AddickedAthletic. It's well written, shows wallin58 has passion for a club and from judging what is being said on here, could be generally representative of the fans. Of course not everyone agrees. Being born in 1990 wallin, you'll be 25 this year (if you aren't already). I'm 33 and started going in 88 (that I can remember). The point I'm making is that there are probably a number of fans, like me, that weren't born or old enough to make sense of the really dark days when the club was hanging on for its existence. You've made the effort to try and familiarise yourself with what happened as have I, but it's like anything when you learn about it 2nd hand or experience it 1st hand.

I reckon the fans certainly needs some questions answered as we are being run completely different to how we ever have been. I wanted to believe the network was going to work for us, however after the removal of BP and the last month I have changed my mind. Saturday's result was good, and if anything I hope it encourages people back for the remainder of this season. No matter how much you might hate the regime, the health of the football club is dependent upon success on the pitch. There's nothing to say if we suffered two successive relegations that we could arrest the halt.

That being said I understand your feelings about not wanting to go to Brentford. Hopefully you can take the view that when you turn up on Saturday's, you aren't doing it to support RD's regime. You can go like I do because it is my club, the club I share with all the fans, my family and friends that I go with. I'm not particularly comfortable with RD, but I still felt a massive buzz on Saturday when we scored and walking away with a win.

I can't imagine people not wanting to feel like that, but everyone has to do what is right for them
  • I'm desperate to feel like that again. I've always celebrated goals passionately, even if we're losing a game and claw one back late on. The goals against Norwich I felt nothing tho, even at 2-2. It was almost as if I didn't want us to get back in the game because of how bad we'd been, and because getting something from the game would somehow be better for Roland.

On the whole I'm a fairly balanced and rational fan I think, but I've really struggled with the last few months. Not going on Saturday and seeing the notifications of goals on my phone felt a bit more normal. I have certainly not bouycotted the club and will be back when I next can be.
  • I think these are signs of the disconnect that many of us are worried about. You have to feel part of the club and the owner and his people have seemingly tried to make us feel less part of it. I caught myself telling a Rotherham player to shoot against us, which shocked me, as I have only previously instinctively called for our players to do that. It would be so easy to change this, without even changing what he is doing too much. Ok, if the owner’s policy is to force Charlton down the leagues, fair enough – maybe best to keep quiet about it. But it is probably reasonable to expect he wants some form of success, so why not explain better what his plans are and try to take us with him. I think many of us may still disagree, but will be more accepting if we had a sense of what is going on. Whether it is true or untrue, the impression we get about the club from the owner is – ‘it is mine not yours and you just have to like it or lump what I do to it’. This has to be a crazy position to adopt and I’d love to know why him or our CEO doesn’t get that!