Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ujpest 1885

Just been reading the early chapters of 'inverting the pyramid' by Jonathan Wilson . Mentions Ujpest as being the first club to be formed in Bucharest in 1885 and one of the earliest in Eastern Europe. So it's a minnow but with some significant heritage. I wonder how many years heritage in total RD has in his network....Looking forward to reading through the book because I've always been shamefully clueless when it comes to tactics. Having said that I think I know how the book ie English football ends - penalties and a scarcity of talent.

Comments

• It's a book I've been meaning to read for a while. You can pick it up quite cheap on Amazon at the moment so I'll have to give it a go.
  • Just been reading the early chapters of 'inverting the pyramid' by Jonathan Wilson . Mentions Ujpest as being the first club to be formed in Bucharest in 1885 and one of the earliest in Eastern Europe. So it's a minnow but with some significant heritage. I wonder how many years heritage in total RD has in his network....Looking forward to reading through the book because I've always been shamefully clueless when it comes to tactics. Having said that I think I know how the book ie English football ends - penalties and a scarcity of talent.

Think you will find it is Budapest not Bucharest.
  • Chaz Hill said:

Just been reading the early chapters of 'inverting the pyramid' by Jonathan Wilson . Mentions Ujpest as being the first club to be formed in Bucharest in 1885 and one of the earliest in Eastern Europe. So it's a minnow but with some significant heritage. I wonder how many years heritage in total RD has in his network....Looking forward to reading through the book because I've always been shamefully clueless when it comes to tactics. Having said that I think I know how the book ie English football ends - penalties and a scarcity of talent.

Meant to add a :-) to my comment as it reminded me of a friend who nearly missed his flight to Budapest after standing in the check in queue for a flight to Bucharest. Also I have read 'Behind the Curtain' by Jonathan Wilson which is also excellent.
  • Chaz Hill said:

Chaz Hill said:

Meant to add a :-) to my comment as it reminded me of a friend who nearly missed his flight to Budapest after standing in the check in queue for a flight to Bucharest. Also I have read 'Behind the Curtain' by Jonathan Wilson which is also excellent.
    Right you are - I shouldn't type anything on here late at night (nz time)