Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Academy lowdown

so joe gomez and ahearne grant look top prospects can anyone fill me in on any younger players who look like they will be able to make the next step up

Comments

• Obileye is having a successful loan spell at Dagenham. He is a tough uncompromising centre half. Holmes-Dennis also promising but probably both of these are 18 months away at Championship level.

My punt for the top is Terrel Thomas, a ball playing centre half.
  • Archie Edwards is a cracking full back
  • How about George Lapslie?

Of course at the end of every season you see a few youngsters being released... Are there any players (Especially in the U21s) that people reckon will leave this summer?
  • Mitov is highly regarded as a goalie
  • How about George Lapslie?

Of course at the end of every season you see a few youngsters being released... Are there any players (Especially in the U21s) that people reckon will leave this summer?

Munns probably.
  • Obileye is having a successful loan spell at Dagenham. He is a tough uncompromising centre half. Holmes-Dennis also promising but probably both of these are 18 months away at Championship level.

My punt for the top is Terrel Thomas, a ball playing centre half.

KAG and Gomez would be two who can at least make it for CAFC.
    Outside chances, agree with BB, Holmes-Dennis impress me at Lb or LM or even as wing back as sicknote Wiggins replacement in next year or two.

Terrel Thomas look good on the ball and likes to do a TBH and run with it.
    Archie Edwards is only 17 and like a young Solly.

a loan spell needed for a few others to really see if they can kick on.

• @dickplumb mentioned Ademola Lookman in another thread. Has scored quite a few goals from the wing this season. First year u18, I saw him in the youth cup game at The Valley against Cardiff. Similar type of player to Harriott, small but quick and agile, runs at players and has a good shot.

Aaron Barnes a second year right back also played in that game and has signed a pro deal. Looked a decent player though I was more impressed with Solly and Holmes-Dennis at the same sort of age.
  • From the games Iv'e seen this season really rate Archie Edwards similar to Chris Solly.

First Touch is excellent, comfortable on the ball likes to support/go forward, because he is small players target him but his positioning is good and is strong in the tackle so doesn't get beat often 1 v 1.
  • Thank you to all contributors concerning information about our young players, especially people like Dick Plumb and others who watch regularly, really interesting to hear about the progress of all of the players, especially when I live to far away to watch myself