Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New striker relieved to get first Charlton win

Comments

• Good article. Doesn't deny that there hasn't been issues in the past but, clearly, there are two sides to everything.
  • Cant believe he is only 21.

His comments about Luzon are also positive.
  • Good article.
    Sounds like Mr Luzon managed him very well
    Maybe he isn't 'totally clueless' after all?
  • Luzon has 1 win, albeit a good one. Lets not get carried away.

Very pleased with Watt, seems like the kind of player to get stuck in with a bit of skill thrown in too. Lets hope him and Igor start together for the next few games to see what develops.
  • Fair enough Arthur, I actually agree on the fact that now is not the time to judge. I'm just wary that some seem to have forgotten the previous 13 games (4 of which were Luzon) and now we've won once he's the messiah. It's been a tough few months lets hope this is the start of a few wins.
  • Addicted said:

Fair enough Arthur, I actually agree on the fact that now is not the time to judge. I'm just wary that some seem to have forgotten the previous 13 games (4 of which were Luzon) and now we've won once he's the messiah. It's been a tough few months lets hope this is the start of a few wins.

I've not seen anyone call him the messiah yet. Credit where credit is due... He was tactically spot on at the weekend and got our most convincing win this season.

What Watt has to say about him is very promising.
  • Agreed Addicted. Luzon is a taxi ride away from being the messiah but is also a dozen games away from the 'very naughty boy' step.
  • “Now on Valentine’s Day we’ve got a win so I can go and enjoy it.”
    Ooh er
  • alms for an ex failed manager........"there is was making a decent living being pushed around a network then all of a sudden i became successful"
  • Sponsored links:

• good interview
  • Good article.
    Sounds like Mr Luzon managed him very well
    Maybe he isn't 'totally clueless' after all?

As you say Maybe Guy Luzon isn't clueless, BUT
    I take it you saw the training session that was the 1st half against Norwich when i saw the clueless performance of the team with the one striker.

If it's taken him 5 matches to work it out then so be it. (90 % of us worked that out
    4 months ago at Rotherham away)

The balance of the team was so much better, with Johann being the one player who is allowed to play on the wrong side, because of the cut in and quality of his left foot.

• I'm in no way defending the dire performances we have seen since Luzon has taken charge but I think part of the problem was fitness and injury. Just think, from the team that played (very well) on Saturday, we had Henderson and Jsckson back. In recent weeks, Watt, Johnson and arguably Wiggins have been deemed not fit enough to start and Bulot has been away on international duty. You could even argue that Vetokele has been unable to finish games.

That's 6 players who improved the team.

Hopefully we can keep these players fit. Especially Watt and Vetokele and hopefully we can score more and win more.