Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football fan characters come in all shapes and sizes....

...but ultimately, it is the people, the diehards, that make football clubs what they are when you talk about the heart and soul.

On Sky yesterday, they were doing a fan focus for every round and with Preston playing Man U on Moday, they profiled 79yr old Ilene Booth.

If you've 6 1/2 mins spare, watch this video all the way through. Real heartwarming stuff (unless you're an idiot who don't think oldies should be able to go to away games).

Really reminds me of the Charlton I love, and some of the great days on the road in the 90s when I was a coach regular.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9714591/preston8217s-fanatical-fan

Comments

• Options
    Talking of special people on the coaches. When I first started using the Valley Express from West Sussex years ago Betty Roper used to spoil us all by making us teas and coffee en route to the matches. What a lovely lady she was - sadly missed....
  • Options
    Hilarious, what a lady.
  • Options
    Great stuff
  • Options
    Reckon that could be our Fanny F in another 25 years :-)
  • Options
    Excellent stuff, that's what the game's all about. Pop a copy in the post to RD and KM :-)
  • Options

Oh, thanks, AFKA ( I think !)

Trouble is in 25 years time, I'll be 92 & Mr F will be pushing me around in that papers' trolley ...or my ashes !

Funnily enough, just been watching the game on BBC & swear they showed the Sikh guy from the video clip in tonight's crowd.

• Options
    Yes they did. I think he has a Seb style silver foil FACup.

I was insinuating you were 54. I'm going to have to be less subtle with my flattery :-)

That coach journey reminded of the old days on Bet's coach though. I would have been one of those teens in the back row !
  • Options
    Reminded me of our Fanny back in the day.
  • Options

Oh, thanks, AFKA ( I think !)

Trouble is in 25 years time, I'll be 92 & Mr F will be pushing me around in that papers' trolley ...or my ashes !

Funnily enough, just been watching the game on BBC & swear they showed the Sikh guy from the video clip in tonight's crowd.

Yes they did.

And did you spot the Scottish defender who played for Charlton, getting the run around from Tom Finney on the cameo before the game. Our very own John Hewie!

• Options
    The bit where she decides to warm up with the players whilst dressed up is brilliant