Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship Pitches

Just watching the football league show and knowing we took a lot of stick for our terrible pitch last year, how awful are the pitches at Sheffield Wed and Blackpool. Disgrace.

Comments

• Yes, both were bad, Wigan's is very poor as well. It's grim oop north
  • Those were the days when football was played on proper pitches in the winter, none of this snooker table surfaces.
  • Kap10 said:

Those were the days when football was played on proper pitches in the winter, none of this snooker table surfaces.

Precisely, Roland out. Hopefully somebody will bring up this point at next weeks meeting.
  • Gammysnr said:

Just watching the football league show and knowing we took a lot of stick for our terrible pitch last year, how awful are the pitches at Sheffield Wed and Blackpool. Disgrace.

Just watching the FLS - Blackpool's is probably worse than ours was, how are they getting away with that ?
  • edited February 2015
    se9addick said:

Gammysnr said:

Just watching the FLS - Blackpool's is probably worse than ours was, how are they getting away with that ?
    That's probably why Callum scored a hat trick up there end of last season, home from home :wink:
  • Didn't notice a particular problem with the pitchwhenCallum got his hat trick up there?
  • Wednesday #TinPot
  • se9addick said:

Gammysnr said:

No choice really, I imagine they have the same fundamental problems with the pitch that we had last season
  • Ben18 said:

I remember Stuart Gray being quite critical of our pitch last year. Big shame!

Hillsborough pitch cuts up badly every year. Has done for years. They seemed to have lots of postponed matches in league 1
  • Sponsored links:

• IA said:

Ben18 said:

I remember Stuart Gray being quite critical of our pitch last year. Big shame!

Hillsborough pitch cuts up badly every year. Has done for years. They seemed to have lots of postponed matches in league 1
    And last season in the FA Cup as I recall well...

"Wot did u say bout our pitch m8?"
  • Blackpools is the worst I have seen ever. There is so little grass it is almost not to be considered a grass pitch. I think Karl oyston wants to invest as little as possible.
  • se9addick said:

Gammysnr said:

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/football-league-step-in-over-state-of-blackpool-s-pitch-1-7102720

I don't know if anything will happen as a result. This was the pitch during the warm up yesterday...

• That is a park pitch