Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton v Brentford

Comments

• Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Fox 6.5
    Johnson 7.5
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 8.5
    Cousins 8
    Jackson 7
    Bulot7.5
    Watt 8.5
    Vetokele 8
    Buyens 7
  • Henderson 9 - everyone, including the crowd are more confident with him between the sticks, brilliant.
    Solly 7 - average for Sols.
    Fox 5 - Too close to the centre halves, Mark your wingers space. Could have cost us a goal.
    Johnson 8 - solid and sure us up. Impressed.
    Ben Haim 8.5 - Brilliant.
    Gudmundsson 9 - superb work rate and superb finish for goal. Awesome.
    Cousins 7.5 - solid.
    Jackson 6.5 - Shamehe got injured.
    Bulot 8.5 really good winger display.
    Watt 9.5 MOM - great work rate, great skill, unlucky not to score.
    Vetokele - 9 worked hard and touch was mush better.
    Buyens 8 - poor start, great end. Tackled and hassled like a Kisheshev (sp). Harsh marks on here, but moaning 2-0 up in the East Stand!

• edited February 2015
    Henderson 9 - his mere presence inspired so much confidence. Would have been a 10 if e'd had a worldly save to make. Complete performance.

Solly 7 - solid.

Fox 5 - gives opponents way too much room. Got better as match went on. Offers nothing offensively. We need a new LB if wiggins continues to be fragile.

Johnson 8 - solid. Commanding and takes no chances. If in doubt, hoof it out.

Ben Haim 8 - back to normal

Gudmundsson 7.5 - faded second half. Reluctant to go outside on right foot. Special talent though. Great finish.

Cousins 8. Great effort. Quality sometimes lacking but made up for that by being all over the place.

Jackson 7 - great speech

Bulot 7.5- lightweight but best I've seen him

Watt 9. If he'd scored it would have been 10. Exactly watt (sorry) we need. MOM.

Vetokele 8.5 - different player with a partner.

Buyens 5 - deducted a mark for storming off in the huff. Doesn't want to be here.
  • Henderson - 8 Great to see him back. Not flustered by anything, and made no fuss about any of his saves. Some on here have compared Hendo with Kiely, and he showed why. Outstanding.

Solly - 6 Much more like the Solly we know. Great co-operation with Gudmundsson, which meant he did not need to get forward much. Great clean out tackle in the 2nd half.

Fox - 5.5 Did fine when he came on. Helped by a very vociferous Johnson, who was always telling him where he needed to be.

Johnson - 7 Great debut. You know a centre back knows what he is doing, when the crowd can hear him shouting! Was probably not expected to last the whole game, but due to injuries carried on. Showed good discipline at the end, staying in position, basically saying "if you want to get past me, you are going to have to run around me". An ex captain, and it showed.

Ben Haim - 7 The usual from Tal. Solid and dependable. Supplied a moment of comedy gold, when after running practically the length of the pitch, me fell over the ball when he got to the opposition penalty ara. A real nose bleed moment.

Gudmundsson - 8 Our creative spark again. Worked his socks off at both ends of the pitch. I lost count of the times that he and Solly gang tackled a Brentford player to come away with the ball. Another cracking goal scored, and is becoming the new JJ as a scoring midfielder.

Cousins - 7.5 He seems to get stronger as a game goes on. Great drive and determination. Worth 2 men in central midfield. One thing a have noticed is that when he has the ball, he always takes a couple of strides forward. This means that we don't see anywhere near as many sideways or backward passes from Jordan as we have seen from others.

Jackson - 6.5 I would say, in football terms, an average performance. But gets an extra point for that intangible aspect called leadership.

Bulot - 8 Against Birmingham, for 15 minutes looked unplayable on the left wing. Then BP moved him to the right, where he became anonymous. Shows what he can do when given the whole game in his proper position. Great goal too. Not just the finish, but the timing of the run. Also, did his defensive duties, too!

Watt - 8.5 MOTM I'm going with the herd here. Was it an oustanding performance? No. Are there things he can do better? Yes. It would be nice to see him jump for some headers. He is a big lad, and should win more in the air than he does. But shows strength, ball control, and determination. Looks to me like a proper TEAM player. Extra half a point for his reaction to Igor's substitution. Gave Igor a standing ovation as he left the pitch.

Vetokele - 8 Have we got our Igor back? Has looked much more like his old self the last few games. Set up Gudmundsson for the first with an excellent set up. He and Watt looked good buzzing around each other. Scored his 10th goal, and hopefully will go on to score a few more.

Buyens - 5.5 Yes, he overhit a few passes, but at least these passes were FORWARD. Showed good discipline, and defended well. In that moment with TBH I mentioned above, he was quick to drop back into the centre back position to cover.

As an aside, you can practically add 1 to the scores above for most of the team. To lose 2 key players in the 1st half to injury, and to perform like that, fair play on a very good team performance.
  • Henderson 8 - three very good saves. Calming influence. Great to have you back Hendo!

Solly 7.5 - got a little targeted again with high balls to their left winger, but handled it well today. Tenacious as ever.

Fox 6.5 - did well, but I worry about his concentration & poor/weak clearances.

Johnson 8 - great debut & attitude. Saw how annoyed he was with himself when chasing back & conceding a corner early on.

Ben Haim 8 - benefitted from having Johnson & Hendo around him. Some good surges forward & assured throughout.

Gudmundsson 8 - great finish (yet again) and involved throughout. Some great passing. Would love to see him switch to left wing during games sometimes.

Cousins 7.5 - likes playing in the middle, doesn't he! :smile:

Jackson 7 - always involved, busy & leading. Injury looked bad, judging by his reaction, but hope that's more frustration.

Bulot 9 - shades Watt for MoM for me. Great game out on the wing. Gave their right side a torrid time & really well taken goal.

Watt 9 - can understand why Luzon has been saying he can't last 90. Puts in a great shift, with a lot of short bursts, chasing down & harrying defenders. Love the way he runs at them with the ball and shows his football intelligence by picking the right options. Perfect lay-off for Igor.

Vetokele 8.5 - back to his early season best. Winning headers against bigger defenders, obviously enjoying having a good striker alongside him & well placed goal.

Buyens 7.5 - anonymous the other night, but impressed me yesterday. Got involved & tried to be more adventurous in his passing.

Wiggins n/a
    Wilson n/a

Luzon 9 - players in their best positions and right to drop Bikey, who needed a little kick. Please don't let any confidence evaporate after yesterday by mucking about with it on Friday. Wigan are devoid of confidence, have to play Tuesday as well, and we should go there knowing we have a front two capable of pulling them apart and a solid team behind them.

• Henderson 8 - and relax.
    Solly 7 solid. Rest that knee 'til Friday lad.
    Fox 7 was nervous when he came on but very solid defensively. Not much came from Brentford's right.
    Johnson 7 proper centre half and a leader. What a potty mouth though, we're not used to hearing that in the West Stand!
    Ben Haim 8 back to his best, looked like he was enjoying it more.
    Gudmundsson 7 worked hard, great finish.
    Cousins 7.5 great athleticism and energy. Could be more composed at times.
    Jackson 7 shame for him that he got injured.
    Bulot 8 showed everyone what he is capable of and deserved his goal.
    Watt 9 immense performance of strength, skill and determination. Lost one mark for over dribbling a few times in the first half but perfect apart from that.
    Vetokele 8 same as Watt. His confidence seems to be back.
    Buyens 6.5 much better from Mr. B. Put in a shed load of effort alongside Jordan. A few misplaced passes offensively. I am now less worried if he needs to play on Friday.

• Henderson - 8 caught everything, saved everything and an assist for Bulots goal.
    Solly - 7 usual Solly performance.
    Fox - 6 did the basics well.
    Johnson -7 impressive debut.
    Ben Haim - 7 Steady and made some good runs with ball out from defence.
    Gudmundsson - 8 Fine finish from Igors lay off.
    Cousins - 7 Strong in the middle. Some neat passing.
    Jackson - 6 broke up a lot of Brentfords passing in midfield.
    Bulot - 8 will the real Fred Bulot please stand up, please stand up!
    Watt - 8.5 MoM Ran his nuts off. Set up Igors goal with a perfect lay off. Great ball control too. Unlucky not to get goal with Button saving his low angled shot.
    Vetokele - 8 1 goal 1 assist. Back to his early season form.
    Buyens - 6 gets into great positions on the ball but distribution was all over the shop. Couple of occasions he got stuck in but needs to improve.

Wiggins n/a
    Wilson n/a

• Henderson - 7.5
    Solly - 6.5
    Fox - 6.5
    Johnson - 7
    Ben Haim - 7
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Jackson - 6.5
    Bulot - 7
    Watt - 8
    Vetokele - 7
    Buyens - 6
  • Henderson - 8. We've missed you big man.
    Solly - 7. Solid.
    Fox - 7. Did well. Not quite as mobile as Wiggy but could Brentford get anything out of Fox? No.
    Johnson - 8. Excellent debut. Commanding.
    Ben Haim - 7.5. So dependable.
    Gudmundsson - 7.5. Lovely goal. Shows Prem quality at times.
    Cousins - 7. Welcome back to the heart of midfield where you flourished.
    Jackson - 6.5. Looked good until the knock. Hope it's not too bad.
    Bulot - 8. Has the real FB been kidnapped and this was his twin brother who can play a bit? Revelation.
    Watt - 9. MotM. Energy, skill, unselfishness. Very good game.
    Vetokele - 8. Ran Brentford ragged. Back to his early season form.
    Buyens - 6. It was a good team performance and YB played his part, but if we could get someone better in that position....
  • Henderson 9 Great to have him back.
    Solly 7
    Fox 7
    Johnson 8 Great debut. Enjoyed his comments, not his fault ground was so empty we could hear them.
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 8 Class act.
    Cousins 7 Not his best game, but played well.
    Jackson 7 a real leader, dare I say, the real leader.
    Bulot 7.5 Best I've seen him, took goal well.
    Watt 9 Really good game, deserved a goal.
    Vetokele 7.5 Took chance well, getting back to best.
    Buyens 6 Misplaced passes.

Fans 10 We were brilliant!
  • Sponsored links:

• Henderson 8 Welcome back, made some smart saves which others would of made a right hash of. Catching the ball? Stop it the Belgians don't like it.
    Solly 8 Solid
    Fox 7 Bit wobbly, but ok
    Johnson 7 Few hairy moments, but pretty good for a player who has played very little recently
    Ben Haim8 Solid
    Gudmundsson7 Where did he go in the second half ? Great it 1st
    Cousins 8 Central mid field, who would of thought it?
    Jackson 8 This was shaping up as a real JJ gut buster, gave it everything, paid the price.
    Bulot 8 This was the most amazing transformation I have ever seen. He must have a twin brother. When I heard he was playing I really thought it was a joke. His selection was brave to say the least so I will grudgingly give Luzon/ RD some credit hear
    Watt 9 He scared the living shit out of the Bees defence, even when he was knackered at the end. Immense performance
    Vetokele9 What a surprise, played with a partner who could hold up the ball, and we got our Igor back.
    Buyens6 Yeh still not great, he is either low on confidence or don't give a shit, maybe because he Hates the twat in charge. What ever he is not the Buyens who started the season

• Henderson - 8
    Solly - 8
    Fox - 7
    Johnson - 7.5
    Ben Haim - 7.5
    Gudmundsson - 8
    Cousins - 8
    Jackson - 7.5
    Bulot - 8.5
    Watt - 9
    Vetokele - 8.5
    Buyens - 7
  • Henderson - 8
    Solly - 6
    Fox - 6
    Johnson - 7
    Ben Haim - 7
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 8
    Jackson - 7
    Bulot - 7
    Watt - 8
    Vetokele - 7
    Buyens - 5

Wiggins n/a
    Wilson n/a

• edited February 2015
    Henderson 8 - made some good stops, gives confidence to everyone in the ground when he's in goal
    Solly 7 - decent
    Fox 7 - decent, stood in very well for Wiggins when he came on
    Johnson 8 - very solid at the back, get him signed up for next season too
    Ben Haim 8 - so solid and reliable, starting to become my favourite for POTY
    Gudmundsson 8 - gets an extra mark for the goal. Love him playing on the right scoring with his left
    Cousins 8 - bossed the midfield playing in the middle
    Jackson 7 - won a few tackles
    Bulot 8.5 - gets an extra 0.5 for his goal as the game was already won. What happened to him? More of the same please!
    Watt 9 - MOM didn't score but exactly what we have been crying out for up front. Bullied the Bees defence and got an assist too
    Vetokele 9 - gets an extra mark for his goal, back to his best now he has a quality strike partner alongside him
    Buyens 7 - can't believe some of the marks given to him. Won a few tackles and broke up play nicely, pinged some nice balls through but also a few wayward ones but getting on his and other player's backs for trying to be creative won't help him either.

Wiggins n/a
    Wilson n/a
  • On the basis of "if someone does nothing wrong and everything right, they can't do any better so that's a 10":

Henderson 10
    Solly 8
    Fox 8
    Johnson 9
    Ben Haim 9
    Gudmundsson 9
    Cousins 8
    Jackson 4
    Bulot 9
    Watt 9.5
    Vetokele 9
    Buyens 7

• Henderson - 7.5
    Solly - 7
    Fox - 6.5
    Johnson - 7
    Ben Haim - 7
    Gudmundsson - 7.5 (the .5 for the goal!)
    Cousins - 7
    Jackson - 6.5
    Bulot - 7.5
    Watt - 8
    Vetokele - 8
    Buyens - 7
  • Henderson 8
    Solly 7.5
    Fox 7
    Johnson 8
    Ben Haim 7.5
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Cousins 8
    Jackson 7
    Bulot 8
    Watt 9
    Vetokele8.5
    Buyens 7
  • Henderson 7.5
    Solly 6.5
    Fox 6
    Johnson 7.5
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 7
    Cousins 7
    Jackson 6.5
    Bulot 8
    Watt 8.5
    Vetokele7.5
    Buyens6
  • Henderson - 8.5
    Solly - 7
    Fox - 6.5
    Johnson - 7.5
    Ben Haim - 7
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Bulot - 8.5
    Watt - 8
    Vetokele - 8
    Buyens - 6.5
  • Henderson 7.5
    Solly 7.5
    Fox 6.5
    Johnson 7
    Ben Haim 7.5
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Cousins 7.5
    Jackson 7
    Bulot 7.5
    Watt 8.5 MOM
    Vetokele 8
    Buyens 5.5

Wiggins n/a
    Wilson n/a

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    Henderson 8
    Solly 8.5
    Fox 5
    Johnson 7
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 8
    Cousins 8.5
    Jackson 7
    Bulot 8
    Watt 9
    Vetokele 8.5
    Buyens 7

Crowd 9

Wiggins n/a
    Wilson n/a
  • Henderson - 8: did everything very well and his presence infused confidence throughout the side
    Solly - 7: solid
    Fox - 6: a bit shaky in the first half when he kept getting sucked into the middle but picked up in the second. He hits some very nice long passes but his lack of pace limits his offensive contribution
    Johnson - 7: Brentford offered very little (apart from Gray's persistent fouling) but this was a very assured debut
    Ben Haim - 7: very sound
    Gudmundsson - 7.5: drifted in and out of the game at times but what a class player this guy is. Worked really hard as well in closing opponents down
    Cousins - 7: perpetual motion and real drive through the middle
    Jackson - 7: was playing very well before he got injured
    Bulot - 8: a really fine performance
    Watt - 8.5: MOTM - a really positive performance from a player who knows how to connect with the supporters
    Vetokele - 7: much better from Igor. Hopefully, his loneliness up top will now be a thing of the past
    Buyens - 5: for a quality player, he was nowhere near careful with the ball. We can't afford to give the ball away so cheaply

• Henderson - 8
    Solly - 8
    Fox - 7
    Johnson - 7.5
    Ben Haim - 7.5
    Gudmundsson - 8
    Cousins - 8.5
    Jackson - 7.5
    Bulot - 8.5
    Watt - 9
    Vetokele - 8.5
    Buyens - 7

• Henderson 8
    Solly 7.5
    Fox 7
    Johnson 7
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Cousins 7.5
    Jackson 7
    Bulot 8
    Watt 9
    Vetokele 8
    Buyens 7
  • Henderson 7.5
    Solly 7.5
    Fox 7
    Johnson 7.5
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Cousins 8
    Jackson 7.5
    Bulot 8
    Watt 9
    Vetokele 8
    Buyens 6.5
  • I know its childish but the world is a better place when Charlton win . I am sure my marks are more generous as well.

Luzon produced our first win of more than a one goal margin of the season .

Henderson 8.5 What could be better than a clean sheet on his return ? A clean sheet and an assist.
    Solly 7 Much better than Tuesday . Managed 270 minutes football in 8 days . Not bad considering his injury problems
    Fox 7 Fitted in well . Don't like the abuse he gets on here sometimes . He is one of our own after all.
    Johnson 7 Liked the look of him. Glad Bikey has got the rest he was asking for.
    Ben Haim 7 Looked much better with Johnson alongside him.
    Gudmundsson 8 Yet another super goal .This time it led to a win
    Cousins 7 Much better in the centre
    Jackson 8 A real captain . The rallying call to arms was effective
    Bulot 9 MOTM . So Roland forced us to sign him according to Bob ? play him in his correct position and he looked superb extra point for the goal.
    Watt 8 Could be the partner for Igor we have been requesting.
    Vetokele 8 Back to his early season form .
    Buyens 7 Effective when he came on .

Wiggins n/a
    Wilson n/a
  • Henderson 7 Had little to do but great to have him back
    Solly 7.5 Back to looking solid
    Fox 6 Not a bad performance but not championship quality for me
    Johnson 8 Solid Debut, commanding and a good footballing brain
    Ben Haim 8 Like Solly, back in business solid performance, never get tired of his mazey runs forward either
    Gudmundsson 7.5 well taken goal
    Cousins 7.5 Energetic and not afraid to get stuck in
    Jackson 6 Did little but a good captains performance
    Bulot 9 MoM for me, best ive seen him play in a charlton shirt i knew there was a player in there somewhere
    Watt 9 Was excellent again good to see he is fit enough to start games now, fan favourite
    Vetokele 8 Looks to have his bounce back, better first touch and looks a threat again
    Buyens 7 got stuck in and did a good shift, distribution needs work but at least he is spotting the passes to be made
  • Henderson 7.5
    Solly 8
    Fox 7
    Johnson 7.5
    Ben Haim 7.5
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Cousins 7.5
    Jackson 7.5
    Bulot 8.5 mom
    Watt 8.5
    Vetokele 8
    Buyens 7
  • Gammysnr said:

Henderson 9 - everyone, including the crowd are more confident with him between the sticks, brilliant.
    Solly 7 - average for Sols.
    Fox 5 - Too close to the centre halves, Mark your wingers space. Could have cost us a goal.
    Johnson 8 - solid and sure us up. Impressed.
    Ben Haim 8.5 - Brilliant.
    Gudmundsson 9 - superb work rate and superb finish for goal. Awesome.
    Cousins 7.5 - solid.
    Jackson 6.5 - Shamehe got injured.
    Bulot 8.5 really good winger display.
    Watt 9.5 MOM - great work rate, great skill, unlucky not to score.
    Vetokele - 9 worked hard and touch was mush better.
    Buyens 8 - poor start, great end. Tackled and hassled like a Kisheshev (sp). Harsh marks on here, but moaning 2-0 up in the East Stand!

Fox 5? Too close to the centre halves, Mark your wingers space. Gray is 5'10 so crosses not really a problem. Their greatest threat in air was Douglas arriving late. More important to defend narrow once Pritchard moved inside. Dispossesed their pacy RB at least 3 times out wide. Good shift.
  • Henderson 8.0
    Solly 7.5
    Fox 7.0
    Johnson 7.5
    Ben Haim 7.5
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Cousins 7.5
    Jackson 7.0
    Bulot 7.0
    Watt 9.0
    Vetokele 8.0
    Buyens 7.0