Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Something must be done ...suggestions!??

Fellas, I don't go on here to often but I love my Club but enough is enough.

Something has to be done but must be done in unity.

Together we got the Valley back, together we support the club , a lot of highs and lows together, but we must do something to stop the rot - Its pretty clear RD does not care about CHARLTON ATHLETIC. sorry but a new pitch doenst cut it for me, Harris who was gonna buy us out would have done a far better job and I think we all agree that Slater and Jimenez cared more! Hes been given a chance and now needs to F*** Off before we are destroyed totally.

I suggest boycotting or at least backs to the pitch, the players aint silly they know its backs to RD not them! or just a good old protest out side the ground in our thousands. Slate me if you want, Give me a load of abuse, but im sick to the back teeth of it and im not paying to be there at the moment because I refuse to ultimately give my money to RD. that is the long and short of it.

Comments

• Ain't going to slate you at all ... BUT Slater and Jimenez cared about nothing but money.
  • stonemuse said:

Ain't going to slate you at all ... BUT Slater and Jimenez cared about nothing but money.

I know mate but at least they kept It fairly quiet and didn't tear us apart

• I think we'd be in a much worse place now if Slater & Jiminez were still in charge.
  • I think we should arrange a meeting.

If we do can I suggest holding it in Woolwich
  • Fellas, I don't go on here to often but I love my Club but enough is enough.

Together we got the Valley back, together we support the club , a lot of highs and lows together, but we must do something to stop the rot - Its pretty clear RD does not care about CHARLTON ATHLETIC. sorry but a new pitch doenst cut it for me, Harris who was gonna buy us out would have done a far better job and I think we all agree that Slater and Jimenez cared more! Hes been given a chance and now needs to F*** Off before we are destroyed totally.

I suggest boycotting or at least backs to the pitch, the players aint silly they know its backs to RD not them! or just a good old protest out side the ground in our thousands. Slate me if you want, Give me a load of abuse, but im sick to the back teeth of it and im not paying to be there at the moment because I refuse to ultimately give my money to RD. that is the long and short of it.

If you know a millionaire who wants to buy a football club, feel free to introduce him to RD....
  • CAFCTrev said:

If you know a millionaire who wants to buy a football club, feel free to introduce him to RD....
    That millionaire would be potless in less than 3 months - seems like an attractive investment.

Better idea would be for 20,000 fans to stump up £5k each - buy the club for what RD paid for it - give the new manager Curbishley £50m to buy promotion next season - and appoint Paulie as the new Chairman. You know it makes sense.

Either that or someone come up with a brilliant design for paper aeroplanes.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

Well maybe the good thing is that Duchatelet can look for a suitable owner and not have to sell to any crazy or shifty Tom, Dick or Harry like Jimensz did !
  • Kap10 said:

I think we should arrange a meeting.

If we do can I suggest holding it in Woolwich
    Wednesday night would be good.
  • Howsabout start another thread, I was thinking of calling it 50 shades of protest....

Surely you mean 50 Shades of Guy, MIA ?

• thenewbie said:

vff said:

thenewbie said:

stonemuse said:

Ain't going to slate you at all ... BUT Slater and Jimenez cared about nothing but money.

They totally tore us apart. Totally. Left Powell up the creek without a paddle financially, luckily he was a good enough manager to get some very crafty bargains and got some very good performances out of limited players. Not to mention players unpaid, staff unpaid, local businesses unpaid, the stadium literally falling to bits, a pitch that was very nearly unplayable and one hard rain away from utter destruction. It was lower profile than RD's grand experiment but if they hadn't gone when they did, we'd have shit players, a sandpit painted green and players who make the current lot look like Man City.

Roland's done terrible things to this club but his failure won't leave us in administration, that's where we WERE headed and no doubt about it in my mind. Other potential buyers I can't judge but I assure you, from where I am standing Duchatalet is by far the lesser of two evils.
    The thing is Jimensz & Slater ran out of money. They didn't spend because they didn't have it. The worst thing they did was hold on for too much money before having to flog the club for peanuts to Duchatelet. The clubs had some rubbish players because of not enough money. Now, Duchatelet has the money but doesn't want to pay the going rate and offloads lots of mediocre rubbish players onto the club. If Cash continued to back Jimensz and Slater then Charlton would have being doing a Southampton and not a Blackpool.

In terms of the owners it is either a quick death or a slow death. Who knows what happens if as looks likely that Charlton slides into League One and Duchatelet still insists on the club breaks even. Or maybe Loic Nego is now a viable option at the club ?
    Point is, Roland's failing, but it's going to cost him more than any of us (in purely financial terms.) Worst case for him is that he ends up selling at a loss, but for we fans the club will still exist. Possibly in a lower league, but it will exist, and the stadium and the training ground will still be ours. Under the old ownership, we'd have sold Solly, Cousins, Gomez, even the likes of Morro and JJ for peanuts to try and cover the costs, when that failed we'd have seen them trying to flog the actual assets the club is physically built on.

Duchatalet is doing great damage but it's nowhere near as bad as the situation we would have had if we hadn't been sold when we were. Slater and Jiminez don't get excused for spending no money by having no money - they had it, or knew the man/men who did, and they squandered that chance. The lack of funds was entirely their fault.
    If they had a more reasonable price figure and in mind and allegedly not been so shifty to deal with then they may have got a better buyer and sold much earlier. With Duchatelet it is a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire. Duchatelet could yet provide a decent legacy though if he sells up to someone decent. I understand that there is 99 million pounds in getting promoted from the new TV deal, and one season in the premiership. Charlton were not far off a top 6 push before Duchatelet bought. 3 to 4 decent players added to the players in place and there was a chance.

Mediocre football and a club going nowhere is not going to ensure its existence. What is going to happen to Orient in the shadow of the Olympic stadium and WHU and premiership riches. What is going to happen to Charlton ?

Why can't Charlton get a decent owner ? Southampton, Brentford and Bournemouth have decent owners who invest, so why not Charlton ?
  • vff said:

thenewbie said:

stonemuse said:

They totally tore us apart. Totally. Left Powell up the creek without a paddle financially, luckily he was a good enough manager to get some very crafty bargains and got some very good performances out of limited players. Not to mention players unpaid, staff unpaid, local businesses unpaid, the stadium literally falling to bits, a pitch that was very nearly unplayable and one hard rain away from utter destruction. It was lower profile than RD's grand experiment but if they hadn't gone when they did, we'd have shit players, a sandpit painted green and players who make the current lot look like Man City.

Roland's done terrible things to this club but his failure won't leave us in administration, that's where we WERE headed and no doubt about it in my mind. Other potential buyers I can't judge but I assure you, from where I am standing Duchatalet is by far the lesser of two evils.
    The thing is Jimensz & Slater ran out of money. They didn't spend because they didn't have it. The worst thing they did was hold on for too much money before having to flog the club for peanuts to Duchatelet. The clubs had some rubbish players because of not enough money. Now, Duchatelet has the money but doesn't want to pay the going rate and offloads lots of mediocre rubbish players onto the club. If Cash continued to back Jimensz and Slater then Charlton would have being doing a Southampton and not a Blackpool.

In terms of the owners it is either a quick death or a slow death. Who knows what happens if as looks likely that Charlton slides into League One and Duchatelet still insists on the club breaks even. Or maybe Loic Nego is now a viable option at the club ?
    And they got us out of League 1 AND kept us in the Championship. Even when cash ran out they brought in Fuller and Hulse along with other loans.
    They left a blank canvas for Duchatelet with none of the older players on big money long term deals.
    Katrien Meire said it was a mess and her cheerleaders said well done for clearing it up. But putting in a new pitch, new seats and bringing in some half decent players was the easy bit! And I've been 100% consistent stating that and supporting the first nine months of Staprix ownership.
    The thing is that the last three months have revealed that the current CAFC board is not fit for purpose.
    Perhaps they will listen to intelligent suggestions now they are in the shite? Who knows? I will feed my input into the meeting and to those I know on the Trust board. But I won't hold my breath waiting for decent loan signings to back the club out of this nose dive in form.
  • Howsabout start another thread, I was thinking of calling it 50 shades of protest....

Look, I know you have to be a bit of a masochist to be a Charlton fan, but I can really do without the mental images of you lot in S&M gear...
  • edited February 2015
    I have a lot of respect for @seriously_red - for someone who was absolutely slated for looking at transfermarket and constantly looking on the bright side with regards to Roland's regime; he's certainly being open and honest with his feelings at the moment and that's to be commended.

I've noticed this in other threads but felt it worthy of pointing out; petty digs and point scoring aside - it demonstrates that he's actually got a realistic view, without bias, and is trying to look at things as they develop. Good work, and well worth a bit of a applause in my opinion.

Now back on topic, I posted the following post on this thread, but maybe it's better suited here;
    LuckyReds said:

We all have different skills and interests that outweigh that of the football club. If people could donate, realistically, one hour each, how many man hours could be put in to something a little different? We have more skills, numbers and talent than that employed by the club alone.

For example, there's a few ex-advertising agency bods here and so on who could probably knock together the basis of a simple social media campaign in a few hours, and there must be a few developers here who could knock something together in a similar time span. That's only one example, but think of an example per industry that is represented in our fan-base and potentially you could have a few projects kicking off at the same time creating a multi-pronged attack against what's going on at Charlton Athletic.

Such an onslaught of publicity vectors would undoubtedly cause the club a number of problems..

• Well i know it's a bit shit but it the sentiment that matters!
  • Sponsored links:

• Why doesn't someone just start another music thread?
  • Four days later Duchatelet stated that he would sell the club as soon as he found a reasonable buyer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9aWbIzverk
  • edited February 2015
    Good find @jimmymelrose. He was got at and he can be got at.

He did react following that protest and said he would leave but on 2 conditions. 'It will be two conditions. First, 90% of the club's current business partners continue to support this team. Then half of Standard subscribers endorse my decision to hand over the club.'

This was in July 2013- reported here -> http://sportmagazine.levif.be/sport/foot-national/officiel-duchatelet-degage-du-standard/article-normal-217975.html

He is quoted as saying; "This situation is no longer acceptable. Especially what happened Thursday is the straw that broke the camel. This is incompatible with my current vision of football, " he told Sudpresse.

Too many people have said he cannot be influenced when clearly he can be. That was 18 months ago and he is still there but it is incorrect for people to assume he was unaffected by those events.