Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Turning Point in the Season

Anyone else feel that the game on Boxing Day against Cardiff was a massive turning point in our season.

I feel the miss by Vetokele at the end had been taken - it would have been a massive confidence boost to the team. And we may have kicked on from there. But it just feels like it has gone from bad to worse over the past couple of months.

I'm sure you all have your opinions on turning points this season. But unfortunately I feel that is going to be one game where I felt if we had taken the 3 points with the last kick of the game - we may well have had the confidence and bravery not to hide in the games that followed it.

Comments

• George v Millwall
    Igor v Cardiff
    Game v Blackpool
    Game v Rotherham

It could've been all so different ;(
  • Henderson's injury .. this seemed to knock the whole team's confidence .. why ? .. and it was about this time there were rumors of unrest between Peeters and the players
  • edited February 2015
    If memories serves me correct we would of gone top with that win at Brighton.

11 points out of 15.

Average team who have thrown away enough points from winning position to not be in a relegation scrap.

Turning point was the failure to recruit during October to middle of November
  • I think George not taking the chance against Millwall at the death
    Ditto Bikey against Blackpool, were also moments that could have got CAFC and Peeters career back on track. Didn't happen and Bob's toast.

George was superb in the 2nd half against Cardiff and could and should of had a goal plus assists as well of the miss at the end from Igor.

The spirit among players and fans would of been so much better if we had won that game.

• If memories serves me correct we would of gone top with that win at Brighton.

11 points out of 15.

Average team who have thrown away enough points from winning position to not be in a relegation scrap.

Turning point was the failure to recruit during October to middle of November

Recruit???? but the transfer window was closed!!