Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Warburton

Apparently been told he will be replaced in the summer even if Brentford are promoted.

Maybe Roland can arrange a swap with Luzon?

Comments

• Thats crazy... League One to Premier League in two seasons and then your sacked.
  • If so, must be at his own request, and he must have a Prem job lined up. Serious greatness potential.
  • (Newcastle, probably)
  • That would be madness, perhaps the owner is expecting Pep to swap Munich for Brentford
  • Even if he has got Pep Guardiola lined up, why would you allow this information into the public domain now - it can only have a detrimental effect on what happens on the pitch.
  • edited February 2015
    According to TalkSport the article is bollox and Brentford are not planning on sacking him. Interesting that Talk Sport tweeted that the story was was untrue and received a reply from the Times Journo who wrote the article which said "Think you'll have to deny your denial soon chaps". Someone is telling porkies...

Apparently a spanish journo tweeted last week that Paco Jémez (Rayo Vallecano manager) had been given an 'important offer' by Brentford so there could be something in it. No denial from the club yet as far as I can see.
  • Thing is, Brentford are just going to miss out on promotion .. probably in the first round of the play offs
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe Warburton is using his loaf and just doing it for the bread ?

Footy is all about the dough these days, wish I could get a slice of the action.

As a former City trader he might not knead the dough though sacking him is taking the pizza.
    Maybe the Chairman thinks that Warburton is going stale?

• "Football is sometimes called a village, and in any village, gossip and rumours can spread like wildfire, whether or not such rumours are true."

I've never heard football be called a village ... who ever wrote this statement deserves the chop.
  • J BLOCK said:

"Football is sometimes called a village, and in any village, gossip and rumours can spread like wildfire, whether or not such rumours are true."

I've never heard football be called a village ... who ever wrote this statement deserves the chop.
    And every Village, has it's idiot
  • If true, pretty sure that in many European leagues nobody would raise an eyebrow at this. Chairman takes the head coach aside and thanks him for getting the side promoted and tells him he was the right man for the job at doing that. But now they are in the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A etc we are going to bring someone in more experienced at that level.

Loyalty is not enough on its own. Sorry but if staying loyal means relegation, admittedly a club like Brentford would be up against it in the Premier League whoever they had in charge, then they have to be ruthless and have the right person for the right level.
  • J BLOCK said:

"Football is sometimes called a village, and in any village, gossip and rumours can spread like wildfire, whether or not such rumours are true."

And every Village, has it's idiot
    Yep! I'm right here!!

• Leuth said:

(Newcastle, probably)

Na think Frank De Boer has it in the bag

Was linked with Tottenham in the summer but they went with MP, then he was linked with the Newcastle job and he said he would love to manage in the prem one day but would not leave Ajax halfway through a season, then the hire Carver until the end of the season

Would be very surprised if De Boer was not there manager next season
  • Why don't they just come out and say it's all a load of bollocks.

I can't think of a manager that has been more successful in the last two seasons than Mark.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why don't they just come out and say it's all a load of bollocks.

I can't think of a manager that has been more successful in the last two seasons than Mark.

Phil Parkinson?
  • That's a good shout actually. I love Parky
  • Maybe Warburton is using his loaf and just doing it for the bread ?

Footy is all about the dough these days, wish I could get a slice of the action.

Another half baked comment.

• Good news all this uncertainty. You can see it affecting the Brentford players on Saturday can't you?
  • Good news all this uncertainty. You can see it affecting the Brentford players on Saturday can't you?

No, but hopefully.
  • Leuth said:

(Newcastle, probably)

Was linked with Tottenham in the summer but they went with MP, then he was linked with the Newcastle job and he said he would love to manage in the prem one day but would not leave Ajax halfway through a season, then the hire Carver until the end of the season

That won't be happening Paulie. I've just been speaking to de boer. He won't leave Ajax for anybody other than one of Roly Douchebags teams.
  • If true, pretty sure that in many European leagues nobody would raise an eyebrow at this. Chairman takes the head coach aside and thanks him for getting the side promoted and tells him he was the right man for the job at doing that. But now they are in the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A etc we are going to bring someone in more experienced at that level.

Loyalty is not enough on its own. Sorry but if staying loyal means relegation, admittedly a club like Brentford would be up against it in the Premier League whoever they had in charge, then they have to be ruthless and have the right person for the right level.

Thing is it pretty much happened with Nigel Atkins and Southampton, he got them into the Premier League a despite not the worst of starts they decided to replace him with Pochettino
  • Apparently been told he will be replaced in the summer even if Brentford are promoted.

Maybe Roland can arrange a swap with Luzon?

Roly wouldn't consider Warburton or anybody that remotely resembles a decent manager. You either have to be part of the network or shit at the job. Preferably both.
  • Leuth said:

(Newcastle, probably)

He can do a lot better, can't see that happening.