Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it just me?

I admired, Loved, chanted his name and was/am very grateful for Curbs and what he did for us at Charlton BUT since he has been at Westham (and I have nothing against Westham at all) I am going off him fast!!!!

Comments

• Options
    nope

not just you
  • Options
    no, definately not just you.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Not just you mate , I never really admired/loved him though
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I never felt any affection for him. Respected him and his achievments but he always left me cold.
    Now he just pees me off.
  • Options
    It's totally understandable. We have transferred our "affections" onto a different Alan. I still have total respect for the guy but he's manager of one of our main rivals. He wants West Ham to succeed at our expense. No disgrace there but we don't have to like it.
  • Options
    odd, i think 99% of Charlton fans always admired Curbishley. Loved though i think was a much smaller percentage.

I will always hold the opinion that Curbishley was absolutely brilliant for us, that probably no other fella at the time was better suited to our club, and we are unlikely to have been where we have, or have the Valley looking like it is, without him.

But i already feel more in tune with Alan Pardew than i did at any stage under Curbishley.
  • Options
    Totally agree with AFKA.
    I admired Curbs and was and still am grateful for what he did for us. But he stayed a year or 2 too long and unfortunately quite a few fans will remember him for that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

But i already feel more in tune with Alan Pardew than i did at any stage under Curbishley.

That's fine AFKA but you shouldn't always judge a book by it's cover.

Pards has a positive, polished, media friendly exterior. He has played all the right notes in the correct order since becoming our Manager. I admire him for that and in presentation terms, he has not put a foot wrong.

Curbs has a defensive, prickly, slightly awkward and unpolished approach which when he was our manager most forgave him for because of what he had done for our club. His approach now looks out of place and irritating.

It remains to be seen however who will be most successful in relative terms at either club. For me the jury's still out on that one and will remain so for some while.
  • Options
    Great Servant to the club probably stayed a couple of years too long, Pards is a more likeable fella, but in perspective needs to do a lot more to even compete with Curbs achievements for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]odd, i think 99% of Charlton fans always admired Curbishley. Loved though i think was a much smaller percentage.

I will always hold the opinion that Curbishley was absolutely brilliant for us, that probably no other fella at the time was better suited to our club, and we are unlikely to have been where we have, or have the Valley looking like it is, without him.

That pretty much sums it up for me dude. He is starting to get on my tits with the snidey little comments, and whilst he did ever so well for us, i never really adhered to him as i have Pards! Dunno if its cos he was there for so long, or its cos gritty was charlton and they chose curbs who wasnt, i dunno, its a wierd one, i dont wanna come accross disrespectful to curbs for what he did, but i am glad he is gone and i hope he curbs (see what i did there lol) his snidey comments!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2007
    Curbs never really came across as a 'people' person and in public, at least, his social skills could have been a lot warmer.

But however long he was at Charlton, he was nevertheless an employee doing his job.
    His loyalties will now be with his new employer.

How many of us are still loyal to a previous employer?
  • Options
    For a lot of people Pards was a hero on the pitch, and well loved for that, making his return as manager a lot easier.

I like the Pardew attitude that the club needs to be less nice, and more aggressive about the future, I think most who like Pardew would have liked Billy Davies.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I've met Curbs a couple of times and he is a top bloke.

He works for West Ham now and is praising his fans as he needs a result on Saturday. Entirely understandable in my opinion.

The reality is that probably both sides will go but there is a glimmer of hope for one or the other. He is doing what he can to get his team to stay up.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

I like the Pardew attitude that the club needs to be less nice, and more aggressive about the future, I think most who like Pardew would have liked Billy Davies.[/quote]

...that's nice!
    ;o)
  • Options
    Our association with Mr Curbishley came to an end in February 2007 when we politely clapped him to thank him for his time at Charlton then proceeded to thrash his team 4-0.
    That defining moment concluded the final chapter on the the Valley of dreams. Curbishley is now the West Ham Manager and if he continues to slag us off he can expect a few jeers the next time our paths cross.