Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another pop at us from Curbs!!!!

quote from the offical Westham website "I'm not used to managing a club where we sell out whole ends at away grounds and we've got to give them something to sing about on Saturday".

Comments

• Options
    Harsh, but probably fair
  • Options
    You just know he is going to jam it and keep west ham in the premiership after he speant 12 million in Jan.
  • Options
    fair comment but give the hammers fans a chance to get used to the type of football we were served up in the last two seasons...lets see if their away following is still that great then...
  • Options
    what he has stated is a FACT unfortunately he's right
  • Options
    well we ain't used to exciting football Mr Curbs!
  • Options
    What he said is true, whether it was necessary for him to say it knowing how it would come across is another thing...
  • Options
    no loyalty in football....................now thats a FACT

grrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    he wasn't lying.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]he wasn't lying.

not the point

& he knows it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]You just know he is going to jam it and keep west ham in the premiership after he speant 12 million in Jan.
    If they stay up then they will deserve to, after 38 games you can have no arguments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is speaking the truth, he's having a dig, so what? He manages our rivals in a really close dog fight. He will display the fighting qualities at West Ham that kept got us to and kept us in the top flight. He is on the wind up, well don't get wound up. I'm sure that Pards and the players will ignore it. We should as well.
  • Options
    what makes you &**%$%^ %^&* I am £$$%"!&^ wound up about it? lol ;o)
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]He is speaking the truth, he's having a dig, so what? He manages our rivals in a really close dog fight. He will display the fighting qualities at West Ham that kept got us to and kept us in the top flight. He is on the wind up, well don't get wound up. I'm sure that Pards and the players will ignore it. We should as well.

Well said, shame he didn't do more of that winding up when he was with us. We should, however ignore it as I doubt hammers will be slow in pointing his comments out to us.
  • Options
    perhaps he should concerntrate more on his own team than keep having pops at us, we put him on the map. i am really starting to dislike him!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2007
    its a dig at us rather than Charlton, the team or Pards. nothing the players should worry about, the best way to shut him up would be to see this headline on Sunday morning:

"Legions of fans Aire their support as Charlton secure vital three points"

"Ewood you believe it - 7,500 Charlton fans stand for entire game as Charlton romp to victory"

"West Hammered - Hammer's fans boo team after 3 minutes as they go 4-0 down to Wigan"
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I think people are getting a bit carried away. He is stating a fact.

Did people moan the other week when Pards said we are currently the best fans in the country, was that a dig at West Ham?

Relax.
  • Options
    Of course, relax.

Curbs is having a sly pop at us.
    So what, in his own way he is only doing his job.

Put yourself in his position.
    He'll see that he is charged with keeping West Ham in the Premier.

And he won't care if he has to do it by fair means or foul.
  • Options
    Didn't Murphy have a similar sly dig at us fans AFTER he left, well he's really prospered since leaving Charlton.

To be honest I think saying something like that shows Curbs has lost a bit of focus & clearly is not concentrating on his own team 100%.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I think people are getting a bit carried away. He is stating a fact.

so what dude, whats it got to do with him! he wants to keep his comments to himself, he wasnt like that when he was our manager!
  • Options
    Curbs is desperate, peeps.

He's got a rotten fixture list, 3 games and not enough points.

You can't blame him for feeling panicky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]fair comment but give the hammers fans a chance to get used to the type of football we were served up in the last two seasons...lets see if their away following is still that great then...

Even in the fizzy pop league we were very well suppored, playing awful football.
    (even taking 8000 fans to wigan away last game of the season, despite our play off place being assured).
    So can't agree woth that comment mate.
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]perhaps he should concerntrate more on his own team than keep having pops at us, we put him on the map. i am really starting to dislike him!

Or vice versa?
    Not saying you we're a nothing team, but under his helm you became an established prem club.

I personally think he meant it is a possitive comment about us, not derogatory to you.
    Your reading too much between the lines a bit me thinks.
    Chill winstons.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]Chill winstons.

lol
  • Options
    well if we'd had a fucking manager who gave us football to be proud in the latter years to want to go to an away match then maybe he's right. Rather than the bland boring shit we have had over the past 4 years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I think people are getting a bit carried away. He is stating a fact.

so what dude, whats it got to do with him! he wants to keep his comments to himself, he wasnt like that when he was our manager!

Missed this comment, as i said he isn't actually rubbishing your support.
    Say you take 2000 for a 2500 capacity. That is not bad support.
    But its not sold out is it. We take that extra 500 making it a sell out.

To give an example, Fulham away this year.
    Your game live on sky on a monday night, you take what, under 2000?
    Our game live on sky 12:45 kick off, we sell 5500 plus the majority of the "neutral section".
    He's only telling it like it is.

Plus he's bigging up our fans, therefore it has plenty to do with him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain Plus he's bigging up our fans, therefore it has plenty to do with him.

I make you right- That's his job now- He's rallying the Hammers fans not having a pop at us Addicks
  • Options
    i see it as having a pop tho, its my opinion! no need for it, we (richard murray) put the mug on the map!
  • Options
    Exactly right Mortain, just as Pards has bigged us up even though we took 500 to Everton.

All this anti Curbs stuff is a nonsense. He has a new bird now, he's not gonna start bleating on how his ex is a better shag.
  • Options
    i think he should just concerntrate on his job rather than gobbing off about his 'ex bird'!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]i think he should just concerntrate on his job rather than gobbing off about his 'ex bird'!

He is concentrating on his job though, thats the point.
    Have you read the whole article?
    He says, and i quote, "they're amazing" talking about us fans.
    He's getting us on side for the final push to (hopefully) safety, not digging out you lot.
  • Options
    Curbishley is a complete arsehole. Whether he was stating a fact or not, it really wasn't necessary....