Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Upbeats Day 2015 - 21st March

Comments

• kimbo said:

Harry A Muse is doing it too. Thought there was going to be 50+

oops, i married you off to the wrong user!
  • Need to break that £10k mark. Can anyone with close contact with the club see if we can arrange for the just giving site to be shown during the game on Sat? If everyone in the stadium donated £1 the £10k target would be easily achieved
  • Great idea RRH, I'll pass the idea on in morning to the CACT guys
  • kimbo said:

Harry A Muse is doing it too. Thought there was going to be 50+

oops, i married you off to the wrong user!
    Interesting,......
  • Could we not get some current players to do the walk? I am sure it would a get more support if say Jackson walked with us.
  • Total is currently £2950 so we have a way to go.........

https://www.justgiving.com/charltonupbeatsday2015/
  • Ive just stuck the amount raised so far from my local. Got a bit more coming from there also.
  • Yes cos i just put 70 quid on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone just did a lap of the office - £400 so far :-)
  • Wow! Well done.
  • Shirts are all printed and ready for tomorrow
    #supporttheupbeats @cafctrust
    1.jpg 607.4K
    2.jpg 706.7K
    3.jpg 494.3K
    4.jpg 481.7K
  • edited March 2015
    When the 'Walk the Walk' was announced, I registered immediately and was really proud to continue my small involvement of the Upbeats through Charlton Life and Charlton Live. I was also actually looking forward to the walk too!!

Sadly tho I have since suffered a 'Herniated Disc' in the lower spine, which is also impacting on the sciatic nerve meaning walking for any distance, let alone 8 miles is a bit of a stretch at the moment! :-)

I had been holding out some hope that by the time the date arrived, I will have recovered sufficiently to take my place on the walk, but I have received medical advice to the contrary so that I have to wimp out

I do promise to do the walk solo as soon as I'm able and cough up any money I would have raised too.

Gutted I'm not going to be there tomorrow but congratulations on an amazing contribution to an amazing group of people. Have a great day.
  • look forward to seeing you tomorrow @KillersBeard
  • Sorry mate didn't get to finish the mail before it posted. Fat fingers and attempting to type lying down!!!
  • that's a shame mate, hope you get well soon
  • edited March 2015

When the 'Walk the Walk' was announced, I registered immediately and was really proud to continue my small involvement of the Upbeats through Charlton Life and Charlton Live. I was also actually looking forward to the walk too!!

Sadly tho I have since suffered a 'Herniated Disc' in the lower spine, which is also impacting on the sciatic nerve meaning walking for any distance, let alone 8 miles is a bit of a stretch at the moment! :-)

I had been holding out some hope that by the time the date arrived, I will have recovered sufficiently to take my place on the walk, but I have received medical advice to the contrary so that I have to wimp out

I do promise to do the walk solo as soon as I'm able and cough up any money I would have raised too.

Gutted I'm not going to be there tomorrow but congratulations on an amazing contribution to an amazing group of people. Have a great day.

Ouch - I've had 3 of them
  • edited March 2015
    Now that's just greedy :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctomo said:

Shirts are all printed and ready for tomorrow
    #supporttheupbeats @cafctrust

Is there a tiny one for my son - he's nearly 3

If not he will be sporting an old KRBS Charlton shirt

• Hi, sorry we only printed adult shirts. if I had time I would print a kids one for him
  • edited March 2015
    This is probably a stupid question but are we meant to be wearing these tomorrow?

• i think they'll be given out.
  • The Upbeats day last season was such an affirmative and joyous event I don't see how tomorrow can better it...but I will be thrilled to see it equalled.

hashtag reasontoschlepptotheValleyagainstReadingtomorrow.
  • Curb_It said:

This is probably a stupid question but are we meant to be wearing these tomorrow?

Yes.
  • Where are we supposed to put it on??
  • Curb_It said:

Where are we supposed to put it on??

Over your head :-)

Bring a carrier bag, that's where it will be going

• Curb_It said:

Where are we supposed to put it on??

Over your head :-)

Bring a carrier bag, that's where it will be going

Bit harsh Dan......!