Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rangers - Newcastle loanees must play

Comments

• Are you Paulie in disguise...? - I tried to keep the Threads down by adding the link to the Old Firm thread ;)
  • edited February 2015
    I was just putting in the Jimmy Stone thread I thought Roly was a poor version of Ashley.

Ashley effectively owns Rangers - what with the loans. If they don't play I dare say he wouldn't think twice about recalling the loans and leaving them in the shit. So he can get his players noticed and up to speed to play for Newcastle so he can then either sell on for profit or shift on other players and slot these in.

He also has Newcastle in a steady mid table position in the premier league. I doubt he will get a shiny new manager and fund players to really push them on any further.

I suppose the difference is these players will probably improve Rangers...
  • Are you Paulie in disguise...? - I tried to keep the Threads down by adding the link to the Old Firm thread ;)

Ha, fair play, I did have a look to see if it had been posted but missed that.

I think I'm around 1000 Threads behind Paulie though ;0)
  • If this is the way Football is going, i don't want anything more to do with it.
  • To be honest, Newcastle's U12 girls should be starting in the Scottish Championship.
  • It's like a real life version of The Jocks and The Geordies...
  • Ashley joins the 'network craze' so it seems
  • Bet the Rangers fans love Ashley...another ridiculous situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• But but but Ashley is an astute business man who would NEVER make any bad decisions or be a bad person!
  • That's why he's so popular at Newcastle.
  • To be honest, Newcastle's U12 girls should be starting in the Scottish Championship.

Would you put money on Charlton beating Hearts or Rangers? I wouldn't.

• Ashley joins the 'network craze' so it seems

Well, it's working so well for us!

• WayneK said:

To be honest, Newcastle's U12 girls should be starting in the Scottish Championship.

I wouldn't put money on Charlton beating Concord Rangers, let alone Glasgow Rangers at the moment.

Bloody hell, I think if we were in Scotland Roland would insist he gets a run out. In fact why doesn't he just buy a great Scottish club like Hamilton Tannadice Burnistown or whoever plays in that pit of a nonsense league now. Extending the network to Scotland opens up a whole new area of possibilities for him

Also, I like the way in the BBC article that it references they took a £10m loan from Ashley, to help pay back a £3m loan from Ashley

"Ashley, who owns 8.92% of the Ibrox outfit, provided them with a £10m loan in January to ensure they stay in business.
    While £5m was available as immediate working capital, the influx of cash was also used to repay a £3m loan made by the Newcastle United owner last year."

The domestic game in Scotland, what a joke
  • edited February 2015
    cabbles said:

To be honest, Newcastle's U12 girls should be starting in the Scottish Championship.

Bloody hell, I think if we were in Scotland Roland would insist he gets a run out. In fact why doesn't he just buy a great Scottish club like Hamilton Tannadice Burnistown or whoever plays in that pit of a nonsense league now. Extending the network to Scotland opens up a whole new area of possibilities for him

Also, I like the way in the BBC article that it references they took a £10m loan from Ashley, to help pay back a £3m loan from Ashley

"Ashley, who owns 8.92% of the Ibrox outfit, provided them with a £10m loan in January to ensure they stay in business.
    While £5m was available as immediate working capital, the influx of cash was also used to repay a £3m loan made by the Newcastle United owner last year."

Its just the new Rangers and Doncaster et al. that are a joke. The rest of the teams are carrying on like nothings happened and managing to produce a fairly exciting competition at both the top and bottom of the SPL.

Aside from that it was MASH that loaned Rangers £3m and its Sports Direct that are loaning the £10m to pay for running costs, of which £3m is paying back MASH. Additionally £5 of the 10 wont be given straight away either.

Which is just the legal version of what you said...

The new Rangers lot are far funnier and more worthwhile than that old rangers lot ;)
  • edited February 2015
    Kent_red said:

cabbles said:

Its just the new Rangers and Doncaster et al. that are a joke. The rest of the teams are carrying on like nothings happened and managing to produce a fairly exciting competition at both the top and bottom of the SPL.

Aside from that it was MASH that loaned Rangers £3m and its Sports Direct that are loaning the £10m to pay for running costs, of which £3m is paying back MASH. Additionally £5 of the 10 wont be given straight away either.

The new Rangers lot are far funnier and more worthwhile than that old rangers lot ;)
    I thought it was Sports Direct - typical reporting, the wording says Ashley loans them £10m, part of which will be used to repay a £3m loan he made last year. I appreciate it is semantics, but they should specify Sports Direct/MASH
  • Fiiish said:

WayneK said:

To be honest,

Newcastle's U12 girls should be starting in the Scottish Championship.

I wouldn't put money on Charlton beating Concord Rangers, let alone Glasgow Rangers at the moment.

1-1 after we take the lead in the 89th minutes.

We take our 1 striker off and replace him with another c/b after our goal.

• cabbles said:

Kent_red said:

cabbles said:

I thought it was Sports Direct - typical reporting, the wording says Ashley loans them £10m, part of which will be used to repay a £3m loan he made last year. I appreciate it is semantics, but they should specify Sports Direct/MASH
    Maybe I'm slightly confused. MASH where the company who bought the shares.

I definitely read somewhere that the first £3m and the second £10m where from different Ashley owned companies. As part of it Sports direct also get transfered a further 26% of Rangers share in Rangers retail Limited. To which shirt sponsorship money will be paid so even less revenue and more dependance. BBC wrote this on 28th Jan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31010900

I will accept that I will also lose credibility from Rangers fans for still making the accusation they are a new club...
  • Sponsored links:

• Kent_red said:

cabbles said:

Kent_red said:

cabbles said:

Maybe I'm slightly confused. MASH where the company who bought the shares.

I definitely read somewhere that the first £3m and the second £10m where from different Ashley owned companies. As part of it Sports direct also get transfered a further 26% of Rangers share in Rangers retail Limited. To which shirt sponsorship money will be paid so even less revenue and more dependance. BBC wrote this on 28th Jan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31010900

I will accept that I will also lose credibility from Rangers fans for still making the accusation they are a new club...
    You're probably right. I just think that the story is now so convoluted (and boring) that the BBC are just referring to Ashley as everything. In fact give it another month and they'll be calling them Sports Direct Rangers FC