Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dortmund

Unbelievably lost again tonight at home to 10 man Ausbgsburg and are rock bottom of the Bundesliga.

What's going on there? They always look great in Europe. Players not playing for the shirt? Klopp lost the plot? The fans still turn up in their thousands though and have probably some of the best support in the world.

Crazy to see them go down. It's like Arsenal being relegated from the Prem.

Comments

• Options
    Bottom?

Blimey, never realised they were doing so bad
  • Options
    Jeez, haven't looked at the Bundesliga all season (given that the champions are decided before a ball is kicked). Shocking.
  • Options
    They've lost their best players to Bayern and the rest have been injured. They've been found out a bit too I think. Hope they sort it out.
  • Options
    I follow Dortmund quite closely as I have family there. They seem to have lost all confidence. They were playing Augsburg tonight who were fifth before kick off. Reading some of the Dortmund forums, they are despondent and arguing as to whether Klopp has had his time. Although the club is doing badly in the league and I think they will turn it around, at least their club is run by the fans for the fans.
  • Options
    Had some bad luck in games and Reus injury has hit them hard. Lewandowski being replaced by a new adapting Immobile is a big change aswell.

Being beaten reguarly is not something they are used to and I get the impression they don't know how to cope.

In November it seemed a bit of a blip, but now they are in trouble.

Still got some excellent players but one of their wins at home this season came from a 30 yard own goal.

Agree with the comment above, they have been found out a bit and need a bit more quality up top.
  • Options
    80,000 there again tonight, can't imagine them being in the second tier.
  • Options
    A squad with names like Weidenfeller, Schmelzer, Hummels, Subotic, Sokratis, Piszczek, Bender, Gundogan, Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Blaszczykowski, Aubameyang, Immobile and Grosskreutz in it is always going to have problems gelling, I mean you can't all call eachother Dave can you?
  • Options
    couldn't give a s**t.
  • Options
    Ha, ha, never had a foreign team / second team to support.
    Picked them a few years ago and it's been down hill ever since.
    I tell ya, I'm the kiss of death. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd never have any luck at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hummels, Gundogan, Mkhityaran, Kagawa, Cuba

They have some real class, bizarre really because they've still looked very good in the UCL
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Fella on the radio yesterday was saying that despite their position the bookies seems to still think they're going to win every week so even the other night the other team were 6-1 to win!

This weekend they're away to Freiberg who are just a few places above them and also desperate for the points and Freiberg are 9-2 to win.
  • Options
    No mate just the one that irks me the most in recent times, and the most angry I have been with the players, mgmt, staff for a long time
  • Options
    I'm planning to go over for a game in the autumn so could really do with them staying up.
  • Options
    Don't worry, Sheff Utd Dortmund will come good.
  • Options
    Ha ha! What a goal. Not bad for a relegation threatened team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

I expect Luzon to get us playing like that within a fortnight.
  • Options

Uboat said:

I know Seth does!
  • Options

Uboat said:

It's a carbon copy of Cousins' goal last weekend.
  • Options
    As has already been mentioned they've been absolutely decimated by injuries this season. 20 league games so far and Hummels has only started 12, Schmelzer 9, Gundogan 9, Kuba 3, Sahin 3, Kagawa 10, Reus 10. Now they are all back and they had a fully fit side at the weekend..............and won 3-0
  • Options

Things are so tight in this league. I stand to be corrected but a few weeks ago weren't Bremen stone-bottom - after four straight wins they're now 8th.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I'm planning to go over for a game in the autumn so could really do with them staying up.

You do realise you will have to travel overground for quite some way don't you?
  • Options
    Came from 1-0 down at half time to win 4-2.
    Crowd stayed on their side for the whole game.
  • Options
    It's a bugger when the team are ripped apart.

They should join the network................
  • Options
    They've turned it around, winning again 3-2 at Stuggart on Friday.

Stuggart fans consoled their 18 year old centre back after his 89th minute mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ANBrUFLDg

• Options

They've turned it around, winning again 3-2 at Stuggart on Friday.

Stuggart fans consoled their 18 year old centre back after his 89th minute mistake.

German fans are so supportive of their teams. I went to watch Union Berlin who were thrashed at home 4 nil, having two players sent off. They played badly, yet almost the whole crowd stayed for 15 minutes after the game to applaud their team for their efforts. The 9 players left on the pitch did a lap of honour!