Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any Questions for....Former Player Steve MacKenzie

I am going to meet former CAFC player Steve MacKenzie in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any memorable moments that they would like to share or have any questions that they would like to ask him?

For the younger generation of fans, Steve played for us between 1987 and 1990 and scored a stunner against Arsenal at Highbury during their 1989 title winning season.

Comments

• Is he currently out of contract and, if so, does he fancy a game?
  • At SJP

• MrLargo said:

Is he currently out of contract and, if so, does he fancy a game?

I have already asked him that ;-)
  • I was at that game. I was so excited when we equalised. I don't think we wore that yellow kit again.

I, more fondly, remember Mackenzie scoring two goals against Arsenal at Selhurst when, I believe, we lost 3-2.

Steve was a friend of the father of a friend of mine. This chap was involved in Billericay football club and Steve came down to give out their player of the year award one summer and I was invited to come along. I, basically, spent all night getting drunk with one of my heroes. It was a great night, Steve was a genuinely nice chap.
  • think the Newcastle goal may have been in a midweek game at SJP that i and quite a few Charlton fans flew up to or maybe not ... Robert Lee always seemed to score up there, think the plane one was 1-3 to us and those who had a meal were in the geordie main stand and a few of the filthy northern monkeys had a few sly pops at us on the way out
    the Arsenal game nearly 25 years ago was brilliant proper loopy loop loop surge and carnage
    feel very old
  • Does he know he was the 491st player to represent Charlton and now he does will he be getting a tattoo?
  • These, for me, were great times. We weren't the best team but I absolutely loved going in those days. I still get a buzz but this is when I was in my early teens and had dreams of playing for the club.

My questions

Aside from that goal for Man City in the FA Cup - what was the best goal of his career?

Who were the best players he played with and against?

• Would like to know if this is true. I was told Malcolm Alison offered 100k for him when he was at Palace, and this was turned down because Palace wanted 125k. Then Alison came back with a 250k offer and Palace couldn't believe their luck. Is this a true story?
  • Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?
  • Sponsored links:

• Was his moustache a stick on one
  • edited February 2015
    Ask him who his famous brother in law is
    !
  • What weight was he at his heaviest whilst still playing professional football?
  • What does he think of the network?