Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club email to Valley Express stewards

Good Morning

I hope you are all well.

I’d just like to thank you all for your help in ensuring the smooth running of the Valley Express service and reassure you that the club has no impending plans to stop the Valley Express service. The owner, when he first arrived, looked at Valley Express as an exciting aspect of the business and loved the fact that it made Charlton Athletic unique to other clubs in the country. Expressing concern with anything that makes a loss is natural and we are all aware of the losses we made last season. However we have made a few changes and at the moment, we are in a slightly better position and during the summer break we will have more discussions to see what other changes we can implement to improve the service not only from a financial stand point, but also to better the experience for all travellers.

I would like to take this opportunity of reminding all stewards that unless you have been authorised by me that no material should be handed out on the coaches especially material that is not of CAFC origin. If you are approached by anyone outside of CAFC please seek advice from me and I will authorise accordingly.

Again, thank you for your continued support and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries.

Kind regards

Dhiran Jayasundera

Comments

• 'Especially material 'not of CAFC origin'.. wtf?? Handed out by stewards or anyone else? Are they planning to make attempts to censor reading material on the coaches? Fearing a leaflet campaign by Ebbsfleet or West Ham perhaps?
  • guess no to the voice as well?
  • Well, someone is listening :wink:
  • good to hear. However, I find it out of order that the Trust didn't have the courtesy of asking the Club if they could hand out the survey's on the coaches. Not the way to go if you want to enhance communication with the Club.
  • edited February 2015

good to hear. However, I find it out of order that the Trust didn't have the courtesy of asking the Club if they could hand out the survey's on the coaches. Not the way to go if you want to enhance communication with the Club.

that can still be done i expect and if KM doesn't like it she can say so
  • so panic item No.6723 was unfounded and now over ?
  • 'Especially material 'not of CAFC origin'.. wtf?? Handed out by stewards or anyone else? Are they planning to make attempts to censor reading material on the coaches? Fearing a leaflet campaign by Ebbsfleet or West Ham perhaps?

different if someone was handing out flyers for a local Country and Western Night or something but this was a survey garnering information to the used against the Club on a coach service they are providing at a subsidised cost. Natural courtesy would be to ask permission first which I for one assumed they had done.

• good to hear. However, I find it out of order that the Trust didn't have the courtesy of asking the Club if they could hand out the survey's on the coaches. Not the way to go if you want to enhance communication with the Club.

Perhaps if KM had managed a dialogue with the trust in the first place she might have been extended that courtesy?

In any event, it's very easy to give things out to people boarding and getting off coaches and the club cannot control what people read, so I think they're on a loser there.

different if someone was handing out flyers for a local Country and Western Night or something but this was a survey garnering information to the used against the Club on a coach service they are providing at a subsidised cost. Natural courtesy would be to ask permission first which I for one assumed they had done.

oh so that's what this is about. yeah should of asked really.

Instead of "used against the club" how about "help supporters and the club by gathering information the club doesn't have in a neutrally-worded survey".
  • Sponsored links:

• not arguing here but she does have some dialogue with the Trust via the FF and VEX was discussed at the last meeting. Also,
    I was given a form ON the coach and filled it in ON the coach. Now, if I was handed it getting off the coach and asked to complete and return to the Trust stall or post then that is different.
  • Out of intrest who is Dhiran Jayasundera?
  • HarryLime said:

Out of intrest who is Dhiran Jayasundera?

this guy...

https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dhiran-jayasundera/86/7b/438
  • As Rikofold said: the Trust did advise the club that they would be running the survey and received no objection
  • "The owner, when he first arrived, looked at Valley Express as an exciting aspect of the business and loved the fact that it made Charlton Athletic unique to other clubs in the country"

Shame this didn't make it to the FF minutes !
  • Sponsored links:

• not arguing here but she does have some dialogue with the Trust via the FF and VEX was discussed at the last meeting. Also,
    I was given a form ON the coach and filled it in ON the coach. Now, if I was handed it getting off the coach and asked to complete and return to the Trust stall or post then that is different.

Club advised before you were given the form on the coach.
  • razil said:

As Rikofold said: the Trust did advise the club that they would be running the survey and received no objection

ok, fair enough. So why is Dhiran now saying this? Makes the Trust look bad imo.

• razil said:

As Rikofold said: the Trust did advise the club that they would be running the survey and received no objection

ok, fair enough. So why is Dhiran now saying this? Makes the Trust look bad imo.

Sounds like a typical case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

• razil said:

I guess the club is as crap at communicating with its own staff as it is at communicating with its supporters.
  • razil said:

Presumably Dhiran and the person concerned haven't spoken, or they did speak and saw no issue but they've now decided/been told to put a stop to it.

I would understand if there was anything controversial in the questionnaire or if the results were going to be used for some ulterior motive but the questions are there for all to see and the purpose is clearly explained.
  • edited February 2015
    LenGlover said:

razil said:

Sounds like a typical case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

MrLargo said:

razil said:

I guess the club is as crap at communicating with its own staff as it is at communicating with its supporters.
    so he's probably not been told yet that they are scrapping the service ;-))

• From the FF minutes KM wants it to make a profit, otherwise she should have said we are looking at ways to reduce the loss.
  • edited February 2015
    What if I just happened to have 30 copies of VOTV or the Trust fanzine I merely want to lend to all my friends on the coach?
  • Good Morning

I hope you are all well.

I’d just like to thank you all for your help in ensuring the smooth running of the Valley Express service and reassure you that the club has no impending plans to stop the Valley Express service. The owner, when he first arrived, looked at Valley Express as an exciting aspect of the business and loved the fact that it made Charlton Athletic unique to other clubs in the country. Expressing concern with anything that makes a loss is natural and we are all aware of the losses we made last season. However we have made a few changes and at the moment, we are in a slightly better position and during the summer break we will have more discussions to see what other changes we can implement to improve the service not only from a financial stand point, but also to better the experience for all travellers.

I would like to take this opportunity of reminding all stewards that unless you have been authorised by me that no material should be handed out on the coaches especially material that is not of CAFC origin. If you are approached by anyone outside of CAFC please seek advice from me and I will authorise accordingly.

Again, thank you for your continued support and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries.

Kind regards

Dhiran Jayasundera

Sounds as if he has been left out of the communications loop to me.

He's left an opening there to query exactly what he's referring to also.