Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The week that was - 5th February 2000. Stockport County 1 Charlton Athletic 3

First Division (now Championship). Edgeley Park 8,185.

Stockport County 1 (1) (Frandin 25) Charlton Athletic 3 (2) (Hunt 41 45 88)

Stockport: Gray, Connelly, Flynn, Bennett, Nicholson, Cooper, Gannon, Dinning (Daley 82), Mathews (Allen 67), Wilbraham, Fradin. Unused subs: Byrne, Woodthorpe, Glennon.

Charlton: Kiely, Barness, Powell, Rufus, Stuart, Newton, Hunt, Brown, Robinson (Salako 82), Pringle (Svensson 68), Todd. Unused subs: Illic, Parker, Konchesky.

Referee: Trevor Parkes (Birmingham)

Record: Hunt became the first Charlton player to score hat-tricks in successive away league matches following the previous weeks treble at Carrow Road. He finished the season with 24 league goals from 43 starts, playing a major part in The Addicks return to The Premiership at the first attempt.

Comments

• The best season in my lifetime.
  • Remember it well. Happy times.
  • edited February 2015

Remember it well. Happy times.

Remember it being soooooo bloody cold. At half time got a hot drink and it was cold by the time i'd walked back to my standing area. Remember feeling sorry for Stockport as they were right at the bottom and they've never looked up since.

• Was there good beers before in the phoenix night esqe club am on the footage jumping like a mad man when oh Andy hunt banged them in.
  • Great day out, ob spotters following us into the wrong boozer whilst our main lot had a bit of dancing up the road,

Putting incontinence pants on piss pants in the boozer

And then him.falling asleep upright on the terrace

Great season the best ever imo
  • I was having a beer in the players lounge immediately after the game when the ref came in. On realising I was charlton he said can you confirm who got your third goal? When I told him it was a hunt hat trick he went "phew", thought it was but weren't sure lol
  • I was having a beer in the players lounge immediately after the game when the ref came in. On realising I was charlton he said can you confirm who got your third goal? When I told him it was a hunt hat trick he went "phew", thought it was but weren't sure lol

That sort of lack of professionalism would never happen today...

;0)

"Live round the corner, you only live round the corner......."
  • Remember it well, we got a bit of a going over in the first half hour then we upped it and played some good stuff. There's nothing like a goal in he last few minutes which clinches a game, Mr Hunt obliging in the 88th up our end which made it even better.

We were in the pub beforehand and some of their lads burst into song, it was a bit diferent to normal in that they sounded like a proper organised choir, turned out they had CD's out of their various ditties. The second number was something about knocking Palace out of the cup, they certainly knew how to please their audience that day.
  • My favourite season, didnt miss a match.
  • Sponsored links:

• As usual the Programme can be seen here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/7406451680

Want to see more Charlton Programmes, then visit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/sets/
  • Remember it well. Especially Hunt's hat trick.

Stockport reminded me of Woolwich.
  • Who would have been playing centre mid alongside Stuart or is it a 3-5-2?
  • Who would have been playing centre mid alongside Stuart or is it a 3-5-2?

4-4-2? Todd in midfield with Stuart.
  • Aaron Wilbraham playing for Stockport back then. Think he's still playing with Bristol C these days.
  • edited February 2015
    Looking back at the old CIFC forum it certainly would seem that @Clem_Snide & @Rothko had a lively day out at this one!!
  • Ha ha, good day that, and where's the forum?
  • Oakster said:

Looking back at the old CIFC forum it certainly would seem that @Clem_Snide & @Rothko had a lively day out at this one!!

This was a cracking awayday.

Phoenix Nights behind the away end - 1.00 pints of Stella and a Hammond Organ.

Absolute classic moment when someone nicked the young steward in front of us's baseball cap. He leant forward to get it just as Hunt completed his hattrick and ended up getting dragged head first over the front fence onto the terrace!!!
  • Remember this one well. We got absolutely buried for half an hour and I was worried about a repeat of the 0-3 from a couple of seasons earlier but the two late first half goals turned the game around. I think that the loss of Andy Hunt has always been under-estimated.
  • Quality day. Quality season (didnt we win 3.0 at Norwich the week before?). Didnt it give off with QPR, us and Man U at Euston after? Funny stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Beehive said:

Quality day. Quality season (didnt we win 3.0 at Norwich the week before?). Didnt it give off with QPR, us and Man U at Euston after? Funny stuff

I think Hunt got a hat trick in that game too :smile:
  • Great squad that season, no wonder we ran away with the league. How many of them would you have in the squad now?
  • Beehive said:

Quality day. Quality season (didnt we win 3.0 at Norwich the week before?). Didnt it give off with QPR, us and Man U at Euston after? Funny stuff

I think Hunt got a hat trick in that game too :smile:
    He also got a hat trick when we played Stockport at home.

• Beehive said:

started with QPR being pricks on the train with us, then the cockney reds were at them on the train, then all 3 had it at the station bizarre ending to a great day,
  • Great day out, fantastic season, nothing like it .
  • Great day out, fantastic season, nothing like it .

Oh Andy Hunt !
  • Remember being chased by the police dogs at Euston station was a cracking day out lol
  • Remember being chased by the police dogs at Euston station was a cracking day out lol

it all stemmed from the hairy qpr prick trying to turf you out of your seat on the train

• I was at every home and away game this season. Seem to remember Andy Hunt going mental when he scored and the charlton fans running with him behind the goal. What a crap stand that was! Reminded me of Welling! lol
  • Also went to every game that season-brilliant memories.

Wasn't that the same day the Bolton FA Cup tickets went on sale? I remember some angry conversations that they forgotten about all the loyal fans who were at Burnden Park and frantically ringing my Dad to get himself up the Valley.