Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What it means to love Charlton

Told to me this morning. My personal trainer was asked to help a young Down's Syndrome do some light exercise and improve his fitness. He said it was one of the most fulfilling things he had ever done. At the gym ( in Bromley ) a West Ham player also trained. This is unfortunate, my trainer is not a football fan and doesn't know the players name, he thinks it was Dean? This is the Tevez team and I don't know who he is referring to. Anyway, the Downs Syndrome boy is a football fan and recognised the player. Bob ( trainer ) said the boy got so excited he almost had a seizure. Bob approached the player who came across and spoke to the young lad. Over a few months the player took a real interest in the lad and eventually one day he put his arm around the boy and said as long as it was ok with his parents he would take him to Upton Park to meet the players and watch a match. The lad explained to the player he was a Charlton supporter and there was no way he could possibly be disloyal and go to West Ham. No amount of persuasion ever worked, and the boy never went to Upton Park.
Lovely story and I will try and find out who the player was.

Comments