Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nonsensical decisions at the Valley

edited February 2015 in General Charlton
Start the January window with only two strikers that, since August, have completed 90 mins on a regular basis. Finish the January window with just one.

Our number one centre back for the previous three seasons shipped out to a rival for little to no fee with no replacement lined up. Spend the whole January window trying to find a replacement, don't get one.

Replace a relatively successful manager (Riga) who was popular with most people at the club with a gamble (Peeters) that was sacked after a bad run of results and by all accounts had worse man-management skills than David Brent. Replace sacked manager (Peeters) with a manager sacked at the other club you own (Luzon), for a bad run of results. Reappoint relatively successful manager (Riga) at other club six months later.

Sorry, my phrasing isn't the best but I think my points are clear. When will the people at the club wake up? Enthusiasm for the Duchatelet regime from even the most loyal supporters is being drained.

Comments

• Club. Dry. The. Bleeding.
  • Start the January window with only two strikers that, since August, have complete 90 mins on a regular basis. Finish the January window with just one.

Our number one centre back for the previous three seasons shipped out to a rival for little to no fee with no replacement lined up. Spend the whole January window trying to find a replacement, don't get one.

Replace a relatively successful manager who was popular with most people at the club with a gamble that was sacked after a bad run of results and by all accounts had worse man-management skills than David Brent. Replace sacked manager with a manager sacked at the other club you own, for a bad run of results. Reappoint relatively successful manager at other club six months later.

You couldn't make it up.
  • Two things are paramount to Roland:

(1) Cost & potential profit
    (2) Standard Liege

Those priorities are in that order too. If people keep those at the forefront of their minds everything else fits into place.

• An absolute joke. I think tonight the majority if charlton fans are at the end of their tether.

Surely something should be done about this?

Someone said about a walk out?
  • Morrison was replaced just by someone neither manager wants to play. Also Morrison is 26 in his prime and oguchi or whatever his name is in his 30s. I thought the whole plan was to keep younger players and fuck off the older ones like Kermorgant.

You also forgot signing a striker (watt) as we couldn't score in a brothel and playing a winger up front instead of him.

Signing plenty of goal keepers.

Playing one of the best full backs in the division in centre mid.

Playing a winger up front

Playing a promising right footed youngster on the left wing all season.

• I also like that we signed a back-up keeper and a back-up back-up keeper. And even within that nonsense, we managed to sign them the wrong way round.

I forgot to add the goalkeeper nonsense to my opening post.
  • I'm broken chaps. I was one of those that has backed RD, my opinion has shifted as a result of the last month

we are now in very grave danger of going down. Should this happen it will be on his model. I am now anti RD
  • In defence of Solly in centre mid - he did bloody well there
  • Two things are paramount to Roland:

(1) Cost & potential profit
    (2) Standard Liege

Those priorities are in that order too. If people keep those at the forefront of their minds everything else fits into place.

The trouble is, that evidently isn't true. Standard are losing more money than we are. And their fans are as pissed off as we are. Steve Clarke and I spent 75 minutes on Skype with Jacques Seron of their Socios (Trust) last week. Ujpest are fed up too (Q&A coming up soon on the Trust website with "Ujpest Lad".). Jena fans regularly protesting. Alcorcon on a bad run.

Callum called it right in the title : "nonsensical"
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe we should be uniting our protests with the other network fans?
    (No, I'm not putting myself forward)
  • Well, now we know why those Standard fans rioted!
  • Don't understand the Roland plan, he's not going to make money from us while in this league,let alone L1.
  • Maybe we should be uniting our protests with the other network fans?
    (No, I'm not putting myself forward)

Well, we definitely are building our network...
  • mrbligh said:

Club. Dry. The. Bleeding.

the bleeding dry club? are they closing the bars now? roland out!