Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What The League Table Tells Me

Just to cheer myself up I've studied the League table this morning and also given myself time to calm down from Saturday but this is how I see it?! It all tells me that the relegated three will be from Notts Forest down but I think and can see the following teams getting the results and points they need and they are Notts Forest,Cardiff,Bolton,Fulham,Reading,Leeds,Brighton,Wigan and it pains me to say I'm going to hate myself for saying but milwall too!!! Which leaves Rotherham,Huddersfield,Blackpool and ourselves fighting out relegation?!

Comments

• Watching all the teams mentioned play
  • All eight of those teams stringing runs together seems unlikely, plus there is always a team that drops from play off challengers to relegation candidates from March/April sort of time (normally us.)

I am still not convinced that relegation is LIKELY, though I am well aware it's not impossible. The way we play at the moment I can see us scraping enough draws to keep heads above the water, it's not pretty and I am not for one moment saying I am happy about it, but happier than I would be with relegation!
  • Draws will not keep us up. We have to pull out some wins, or it will be down.
  • iaitch said:

If we had held on last Saturday we would have two extra points and be six places higher in the table and everyone would be predicting a mid table finish.

Be that as it may, we didn't and let's be honest, the two dropped points were very predictable. Hardly a surprise to see us chucking away a lead against lowly opponents is it? The table isn't lying and it's telling us we are gonna need at least four wins to stay up.
  • We will not go down
    FACT
  • Huddersfield ? I doubt it very much.
  • Forget the table for a moment - have a look at the team, which players are up to standard (no pun), our tactics, the way we play, how we respond to going behind.

Then look at our matches in Feb.

If you can see more than 4 points - well done.

Now go back to the table and imagine us on 37 points from 34 games and you will see it is going to be just like last season - too close for comfort.

Get ready for a bumpy ride everyone !
  • putting the word FACT in a sentence in capital letters does not make the opinion expressed a FACT.
  • Sponsored links:

• I honestly think that we will get a better picture at the end of this month.

i think that WHEN our next win comes will make a huge difference, if we haven't got that by the end of the month (even if we draw all our games) we are going to struggle but i really believe that we are a win away from turning things around.

confidence is needed in abundance But winning breeds confidence
  • We need an absolute minimum of 4 wins, 5 to be almost certain.
    Can't see it myself.
  • Just to cheer myself up I've studied the League table this morning and also given myself time to calm down from Saturday but this is how I see it?! It all tells me that the relegated three will be from Notts Forest down but I think and can see the following teams getting the results and points they need and they are Notts Forest,Cardiff,Bolton,Fulham,Reading,Leeds,Brighton,Wigan and it pains me to say I'm going to hate myself for saying but milwall too!!! Which leaves Rotherham,Huddersfield,Blackpool and ourselves fighting out relegation?!

• timken said:

putting the word FACT in a sentence in capital letters does not make the opinion expressed a FACT.

Yes it does.
    FACT