Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Russians are coming

MOD confirm that two Russian bombers flew within 25 miles of English coast. UK fighters scrambled and civil flights disrupted.

Comments

• Bet Lineker was getting all excited
  • edited January 2015
    Couple of old TU95s. They're about 60 years old.
  • ......."Don't Panic".......... The "Minster on Sea" Home Guard are primed and waiting, they don't like it up 'em....
  • Addickted said:

Couple of old TU95s. They're about 60 years old.

Like a few of us on here.

• There were only 2 of them, Tango!

• Oggy Red said:

There were only 2 of them, Tango!

"Tango, Victor, Charlie"....... To you and I Oggy......*over*
  • T.C.E said:

......."Don't Panic".......... The "Minster on Sea" Home Guard are primed and waiting, they don't like it up 'em....

Minster's not on sea . . . :-)
  • He meant Walmington. Stupid boy :-)
  • T.C.E said:

......."Don't Panic".......... The "Minster on Sea" Home Guard are primed and waiting, they don't like it up 'em....

Minster's not on sea . . . :-)
    We're doomed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    They've been winding us up for decades. Just send up the Lord Flashheart n a Tiger Moth...

Dahdahdadarhhhhh!

Huzzarh!
  • been happening for the last couple of years, russia trying to work out NATO defense responses etc.
  • Don't know why we don't shoot one down if encroaches our air space. That'll teach them.
  • They have been doing it all of Europe for the last two years.
  • MrOneLung said:

Don't know why we don't shoot one down if encroaches our air space. That'll teach them.

Yeah lets start ww3.
    I assume you are willing to be the first to die?
  • Putin's a tosser
  • With all the broken promises the west has made over the past twenty years, after moving NATO onto Russia's borders, and after the support we gave to the mobs in Kiev that overthrew the democratically elected President of Europe's 6th biggest country, I'm really struggling to now give Putin too much stick over recent events - Russia has every right to fly their planes where they did.
  • edited January 2015
    Piggy
  • Sponsored links:

• With all the broken promises the west has made over the past twenty years, after moving NATO onto Russia's borders, and after the support we gave to the mobs in Kiev that overthrew the democratically elected President of Europe's 6th biggest country, I'm really struggling to now give Putin too much stick over recent events - Russia has every right to fly their planes where they did.

It's not a game of "Risk". These "countries on Russia's borders" are full of real people who do not wish to live under Russian influence, just as, I suppose, you don't want to. It's probably true that we have made mistakes re Ukraine, but that is quite different to, bringing the Baltic States into NATO, if you were also referring to that. In fact if you read Edward Lucas' latest book you will realise that we British owe the Estonians, big time, for multiple betrayals when they trusted us.
  • edited January 2015
    Relax, it's just CharltonMow.

IMO Putin is a thug at heart and Putin's Russia is fast becoming a Mafia state. The Litvinenko assassination surely could not have happened without getting the nod from the top man.
  • Really glad we (sorry, the tories) scrapped those pesky Nimrods
  • edited January 2015

Really glad we (sorry, the tories) scrapped those pesky Nimrods

The only nimrods that worked were the maritime patrol ones which wouldnt have been any good here, the airborne early warning planes were still being developed (years late), and we have now bought 7 AEW Boeings to do that job.

Umm, with a name like Folev the Red - one of the thug's minions I assume?

IMO Putin is a thug at heart and Putin's Russia is fast becoming a Mafia state. The Litvinenko assassination surely could not have happened without getting the nod from the top man.
    I agree except that it already has become a mafia state. Bill Browders new book should be well worth a read. As are the blow by blow accounts from the Litvinenko public enquiry. Marina Litvinenko is already in my book one of the bravest people on the planet. She has stood up to Putin, persuaded Teresa May to change her mind, and fights for justice for her husband even after he has passed away. The real Russian soul on display there. She deserves our support. Putin and his cronies deserve our contempt.
  • MrOneLung said:

Don't know why we don't shoot one down if encroaches our air space. That'll teach them.

Yeah lets start ww3.
    I assume you are willing to be the first to die?
    If they come in our airspace, shoot them down.

• My worry with Putin is the more the oil price is deliberately driven down the more stupid his reaction and retaliation will be.

Dangerous times.

• BDL said:

My worry with Putin is the more the oil price is deliberately driven down the more stupid his reaction and retaliation will be.

Dangerous times.

Yeah, a dangerous game, backing someone into a corner. He'll have nothing to lose will he?