Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone who went to Thomas Tallis School prior to about 2007

Sad news.
Stuart Turpie died.
Worked there for about 40 years.
Great man. Great teacher.
RIP

Comments

• Options
    Was there 76-81. Heard this Tuesday. Very sad. He was a really nice bloke.
  • Options
    I was there 75-80 , I heard on the TT facebook page . RIP .
  • Options
    R.I.P.
    Nice post, can't beat a good and dedicated teacher.
  • Options
    Yeah I heard sad news , went there from 72 to 77 , started when it was at Briset Road , he taught me Humanities ..
  • Options
    Went there 83-88. Good bloke Mr Turpie. If I remember I went to Wembley Arena to see him play in the Basketball finals. Think he played for Bracknell ? At the time, GB as well
  • Options
    Was one of the original intake in 1971. Stu Turpie was my form teacher from the 3rd year. Great bloke, great teacher, great role model. RIP Mr T
  • Options
    1997-2003 - great man, great teacher.

RIP
  • Options
    Was there 71-77, great teacher nice bloke got me through by geography 'O' level. RIP
  • Options
    He was my year head, 2000-05, nicest guy you could wish to meet, a complete gentle giant, not just a teacher but a friend, who taught common sense, and would help anyone who needed it. RIP
  • Options

Was there 71-77, great teacher nice bloke got me through by geography 'O' level. RIP

@Redvaliant we would have been the same year. Who was your form teacher in 1971. I will try and work out who you are
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:

@Redvaliant we would have been the same year. Who was your form teacher in 1971. I will try and work out who you are
    Mr Martindale
  • Options
    RIP Stuart. Was also there in the 70's. Another sad loss a few years ago was Keith Lark, head of music. Had hoped to get in touch with him and was very shocked and saddened to hear of his passing.
  • Options
    Was in the first intake 1971 and Mr Turpie was my form tutor and his wife taught at my junior school.RIP SIR
  • Options
    Was he asian?
  • Options
    i was there 2002-2007, i remember seeing him on my first day and thought that giants were real!! my mum worked there and told me that he had moved to spain/portugal a couple years ago and that he sadly had a form of cancer =(
  • Options

Was he asian?

No.
  • Options

i was there 2002-2007, i remember seeing him on my first day and thought that giants were real!! my mum worked there and told me that he had moved to spain/portugal a couple years ago and that he sadly had a form of cancer =(

@kidbrookeaddick He retired to France and yes, sadly it was cancer. Who's your mum by the way?
  • Options
    she worked there as an LSA between 2003 and 2012