Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

River-BBC Drama

They were filming in Charlton Village today. The series is due to be screened this year.
Just thought I would mention it so when you see a location that you recognise...........
PS. Apart from the Bugle and The Swan.

Comments

• Options
    On the Beeb tonight. I know it is of not much interest; however, I thought I would mention it just as a reference point.
    To be honest I thought most crimes in Charlton were committed on a certain football pitch.
  • Options
    Apparently Renee Zellwegger was filming in Woolwich Sainsbury's last week. The poor love!!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Apparently Renee Zellwegger was filming in Woolwich Sainsbury's last week. The poor love!!

Price of fame I suppose.

• Options
    Can't say I enjoyed the programme.

Quick people,need to pitch a detective programme but need a gimmick.

How about he can see ghosts, one of which is his partner who was killed.
  • Options
    Make the main character Swedish. Nordic Noir. Nailed it.
  • Options
    I think I will call it a slow burner. Optimism in the extreme.
  • Options
    well I enjoyed it, seems the best of the recent starters .... Unforgotten, Darkness, Homeland
  • Options
    Very poor won't be watching anymore
  • Options
    I fell asleep half way through
  • Options
    i liked it and i really think the male lead is a brilliant actor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slow burner this one, I quite enjoyed it.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Slow burner this one, I quite enjoyed it.

Hope so but was underwhelmed with the episode.
  • Options
    Thought it was OK but too many new series starting at the same time.

And with Nicola "Spooks" Walker featuring in 2 of them, my grey cell is seriously overworked !
  • Options
    Another waste of my licence fee
  • Options

And with Nicola "Spooks" Walker featuring in 2 of them, my grey cell is seriously overworked !

Now that the summer is over when tv companies give up on the viewing public, the autumn is the launch for a lot of new programmes as they think viewing figures will increase as less people on holiday and out on a balmy summers evenings.
  • Options
    I thought it was absolute crap.
  • Options

What else is she in ?

I thought it was OK, not sure what people expect really. It's a bit of TV after work to help wind down not a night at The Oscars.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

What else is she in ?

I thought it was OK, not sure what people expect really. It's a bit of TV after work to help wind down not a night at The Oscars.
    She' in Unforgotten, ITV Thursdays.

• Options
    Just way too much "supernatural" stuff around. Even if it's done with a light touch, like in River, my heart just sinks when a perfectly ok drama suddenly has ghosts, demons, vampires, werewolves etc all over the place. We'll have a bloody vampire hosting countdown before much longer!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Just way too much "supernatural" stuff around. Even if it's done with a light touch, like in River, my heart just sinks when a perfectly ok drama suddenly has ghosts, demons, vampires, werewolves etc all over the place. We'll have a bloody vampire hosting countdown before much longer!</</b>blockquote>

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

What else is she in ?

Unforgotten, ITV on Wednesday, 2 episodes in at the moment.

• Options
    OK but too 'gimmicky' .. Swedish DCI in London ? .. nah ... Jewish/Muslim sidekick ? .. nah
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Just way too much "supernatural" stuff around. Even if it's done with a light touch, like in River, my heart just sinks when a perfectly ok drama suddenly has ghosts, demons, vampires, werewolves etc all over the place. We'll have a bloody vampire hosting countdown before much longer!

Not too sure mental health is "supernatural". I would say he is out and out delusional rather than seeing ghosts.

Personally I thought it was an interesting take on the police procedural, a genre that has been done to death over the last 15 years. The casting was top notch too, even in the smaller parts. Looking forward to seeing how it continues.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Not too sure mental health is "supernatural". I would say he is out and out delusional rather than seeing ghosts.
    If it had just been his colleague, I would agree with you. But he seemed to solve that other case with the help of various ghosts.

Did someone else introduce the new colleague to him? From my following of it, it seemed that the new colleague might be a ghost too.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    IA said:

Davo55 said:

If it had just been his colleague, I would agree with you. But he seemed to solve that other case with the help of various ghosts.

Did someone else introduce the new colleague to him? From my following of it, it seemed that the new colleague might be a ghost too.

m.hulldailymail.co.uk/River-BBC-Stellan-Skarsgard-stars-dark-complex/story-27953284-detail/story.html

He did have a conversation in the middle where he asked if was seeing ghosts but, as quite a few people have drawn the same conclusion, maybe they didn't make it clear enough.

The link says he is mentally imbalanced, tortured by visions of conscience. Luther on LSD. No doubt the new colleague will turn out to be a ghost in the final episode now I've said that!
  • Options
    You're probably correct in saying the key issue is mental health. But there were at least three dead people with speaking roles in the episode and I reckon his partner is going to be a regular feature. That has to be classed as "ghosts" in my book; otherwise we could just see him having the delusions, talking to no-one, rather than us also being able to see and hear them.
  • Options
    He called them manifests rather than ghosts.
  • Options

Watching 'unforgotten' on catch up .. a terrific, well written, superbly acted if somewhat depressingly plotted whodunit .. VERY good