Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Consumer help

Ok i purchased a item in late Nov, was hoping for Xmas delivery but they could only do 6th Jan so accepted that.
4th Jan they call cant deliver supplier let them down, so re arranged for goods to be delivered 23rd Jan.
22nd Jan 7.00pm they call saying the suppler let them down and they would need to re book, said they would call me back Monday (today to arrange) they did and they tell me 6th March.

Needless to say i was not pleased and they said that i could have a refund, now that is where the issue lies and i need to find out some info, now through my work they offer a discount for certain stores so i topped up the card to make my purchase, the retailer tells me as it was purchased on a loyalty type card all they can do is send me gift vouchers, which are useless as i would want a cash refund so i can purchase the items they cant supply elsewhere.

Do i have any grounds to fight them, the call centre said they cant legally give a cash refund on a item paid for on a card, to me i cant see it either way it was paid for.

They have nothing i want and i want to get the goods they failed to supply from another company. Which without the cash i cant

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Basically what you are saying is that they will only credit the original card or pay you in vouchers. If this is the case then I think they are within their rights. What about going to the card managers and explaining the situation and asking if you can have the "top up" refunded.

Also suggest a quick call to trading standards who could help.
  • Options
    Cheers they wont even refund the card, but will only give Argos Vouchers

Looks like i will have to try and get some money off paid postage as well and when they called on the 4th Jan it was £25.00 cheaper so might ask a voucher of postage and difference in price least they can do as a goodwill guesture
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited January 2015
    Looks like you should be able to get a refund

Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods.

Given you haven't received the goods, it looks like you have the right to cancel the goods and have a refund. The refund would likely be to your card. Can you use the card to buy from another company?
  • Options
    No Its a Argos card via a work discount scheme hence Argos only willing to give me gift vouchers, as really its like i have purchased via a third party.

All i got was 8% not worth all the aggro in the long run