Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carl Jenkinson - 12 million quid!

Comments

• Options
    Then again, SantaClaus, you are probably right...
  • Options
    edited January 2015

The Jenkinson fee was £1.5m, plus £250k in add-ons, plus a 15% sell-on.

If there was a sell on clause I'd be shocked if the spivs didn't cash it in before they swanned off.

Murray referred to it at the (not much) fun day Q&A in August, so I assume it still exists.

Also they didn't cash in the Shelvey one.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

So 15% of £12M = £1.8M!

Papa Smurf laughing all the way to the bank (as long as he can persuade those 'Appy 'Ammers to shell out...)

To be clear it's 15% of the profit, so would probably be more like £1.5-1.6m.
  • Options
    Ah OK, what's £200k between friends? ;-)
  • Options
    I remember Jenkinson signing a contract so that we would get a decent fee for him when he left...
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I remember Jenkinson signing a contract so that we would get a decent fee for him when he left...

He didn't or at least not in 2012. We had other leverage over Arsenal.
  • Options

He didn't. We had other leverage.
    Luca Brasi held a gun to his head?
  • Options

Them poaching Huddart?
  • Options

Think you're confusing him with Shelvey.
  • Options

The Jenkinson fee was £1.5m, plus £250k in add-ons, plus a 15% sell-on.

If there was a sell on clause I'd be shocked if the spivs didn't cash it in before they swanned off.

Murray referred to it at the (not much) fun day Q&A in August, so I assume it still exists.
    I've really gotta work on my cynicism. Hope you're right :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What was the leverage? The usual questionable tapping up, that every bigger club does and then is disgusted when it happens to them?
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/13695799
    My mistake, but as the story goes he did seem to care that we got more than the basic fee for him
  • Options
    @Scoham maybe you can clear up as you are the resident FM expert for us

the transfer information who supplies that as that might clear this up, as on there it says 20% profit (I just recieved 200k as he moved to West Ham)

so is the 20% done by you, the arsenal guy or made up by SI
  • Options
    I know it probably shouldn't be viewed this way but Carl Jenkinson worth almost as much as the club he used to play for... No wonder some Premier League managers complain about the crazy prices in the transfer market these days. Anyway, this is great news for us as long as there is going to be a sell-on fee. I've watched a couple of West Ham games this season and glad to see he's doing well there.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

It was a straightforward transfer I think.If there was no sell on clause the sellers must have been total idiots.

So idiotic the money received played a huge part in us winning the league the following season.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

the transfer information who supplies that as that might clear this up, as on there it says 20% profit (I just recieved 200k as he moved to West Ham)

That was an estimate by me (as were any other clauses), there might not be any sell on clause at all.
  • Options

I still think Chris Solly is the better player. I'm not joking.

Solly's problem (and our benefit) is that he's not tall enough (So teams dont want to give him a chance) not to mention his knees, if he was as tall as Jenkinson and was injury free then he'd be England's Right Back in my opinion
    Yeah, right, and if I had my own web site, some brain cells and a computerised voice, I'd be Stephen Hawking.....
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Solly's problem (and our benefit) is that he's not tall enough (So teams dont want to give him a chance) not to mention his knees, if he was as tall as Jenkinson and was injury free then he'd be England's Right Back in my opinion
    Yeah, right, and if I had my own web site, some brain cells and a computerised voice, I'd be Stephen Hawking.....
    Thing is Kyle Walker and Glen Johnson our two regular Right-Backs for England are only picked because they've got pace... Could pick anyone out of the GB Athletics teams to do that job yet like with Walcott their delivery is as good as the post office - Gary Neville was never the quickest of Right-Backs but he didnt need to have pace as he was always thinking one step ahead (knew how to cross the ball into the box too)

Its like with John Terry, he's getting slower in his old age but he's still class because of his ability to be there at the right time and place (And as the song goes... Chris Solly is better than John Terry FACT lol!)
  • Options

The Jenkinson fee was £1.5m, plus £250k in add-ons, plus a 15% sell-on (over and above).

This is what funded the team building in 2012. I was sceptical about that in part because I originally believed the fee was less, but this is reliable.

So say Arsenal do sell him for 12m, we would get roughly 1.5m of the 10.5m profit?
    £1,575,000.00 - Not bad, could be the wages for a strong Loanee.
  • Options

So 15% of £12M = £1.8M!

Papa Smurf laughing all the way to the bank (as long as he can persuade those 'Appy 'Ammers to shell out...)

15% over and above what what Arsenal paid

So assuming all the add ons have kicked in I make that £1.53m

But only if West Ham do pay £12m in the first place and don't end up swapping him for a West Ham player who both clubs value at 20p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Southbank said:

It was a straightforward transfer I think.If there was no sell on clause the sellers must have been total idiots.

So idiotic the money received played a huge part in us winning the league the following season.
    The sell on money did not. If we get any it can help us get out of league One next season.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

The Jenkinson fee was £1.5m, plus £250k in add-ons, plus a 15% sell-on (over and above).

This is what funded the team building in 2012. I was sceptical about that in part because I originally believed the fee was less, but this is reliable.

So say Arsenal do sell him for 12m, we would get roughly 1.5m of the 10.5m profit?
    £1,575,000.00 - Not bad, could be the wages for a strong Loanee pay for Roland's next holiday.
  • Options
    Surprised they loaned and now wish to sell as he seems to be performing better than Chambers.
  • Options
    The thing we need to take into account before getting excited about a cut is that this could all be a fiddle. I think Arsenal are only quoting this comedy price on Jenks in order to give themselves leverage in getting Winston Reid. If they quote 12m now then they can get a smaller, more realistic fee for Jenkinson under the logic that Reid contributes something like 4m as a cost himself and Arsenal don't have to wait until summer and risk having other suitors get involved. It might be that Jenks will go there for less in summer and Arsenal will move for Reid on a free then, but the exchange thing is possible. I think Swansea tried a fiddle like this with the Sigurdsson/Vorm and Davies deal to avoid paying a sell-on fee to Utrecht over Vorm.
  • Options

So 15% of £12M = £1.8M!

15% over and above what what Arsenal paid

So assuming all the add ons have kicked in I make that £1.53m

But only if West Ham do pay £12m in the first place and don't end up swapping him for a West Ham player who both clubs value at 20p
    on the figures quoted including the add-on's if sold for 12m we would receive £ 1,537,500

• Options
    If only we had a lawyer working for us who could be on this like a rash.....
  • Options

He's not - trust me
  • Options
    Solly is hugely overrated, but I love his effort, he puts more into his shift IMO than every other player we have.

But no he's not as skilful and not as good at cutting out crosses than some RB's in this league.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Scoham said:

That was an estimate by me (as were any other clauses), there might not be any sell on clause at all.
    Lol next time can you put cheap buy backs on

Kermorgant
    Poyet
    Stephens

And just for fun give us 50% of Pogbas next transfer

Theres a good lad :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Southbank said:

cafctom said:

Southbank said:

The sell on money did not. If we get any it can help us get out of league One next season.
    Lol. Jenkinson played 7 games for us but effectively saves us from League One on two occasions!