Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

4X4 SSANYONG ..

I am looking to buy a new, 'cheapish' 4x4 and have recently seen a couple of these around here.

The history of the company is odd, now Indian controlled, originally South Korean and with manufacturing plants in Russia (Vladivostock which is relatively 'near' Korea) and Ukraine as well as in Korea.

Does any Addick know much about them or had experience of them. They look good and the prices are reasonable

Comments

• Not wishing to be a badge snob but I think they look ugly and are spectacularly poorly rated.
  • Swisdom said:

Not wishing to be a badge snob but I think they look ugly and are spectacularly poorly rated.

Hence the low price ? .. was thinking/hoping perhaps 'the Indians' have done what they have with LR/Jag, i.e. improved the build quality out of sight
  • Is that a make of car or dog ?
  • If you want cheap, then look at Dacia.

Amazed how many of them are on the roads in France.
  • Addickted said:

If you want cheap, then look at Dacia.

I'm greedy, I want cheap and good quality ((:>), thanks for the comment
  • Addickted said:

Have to agree with that - all over the place in France.

To be honest my sister in law had a Kia 4x4. When new it was ok'ish but after a couple of years it drive awfully. Really loose and unstable.

I'd say avoid the ssangyong if I'm honest. Cheap for a reason

• Jap or German for cars I'm afraid
  • edited January 2015
    They have probably mucked around with the body shape by now but I had a Rexton from new (54 plate) for 4 years. Lovely looking car imo. For a big car it went like shit off a shovel and although the interior was basic compared to more expensive 4x4's the Merc lump and transmission made up for it. Indestructable as well.

Looked good and did the business.
  • ^^^ thanks Soapy .. goes to show the different experiences !!
  • edited January 2015
    Never heard of these, so I googled it. This is the image that came up.

Surely this isn't the model you're thinking of. One of the ugliest cars I've seen..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Nah looked very very "Mercish"

I would google a picture but I am even more of a numptie on my phone tbh.
  • edited January 2015
    That's the WW2 NKVD version

This is one of the newish models

FROM £15,000
  • you will get nothing in a swap for your next car

Second time lucky? Not sure if I really like this one either, but a hell of a lot better than the first one.......
  • edited January 2015
    and another .. looks can be deceptive as we know

FROM £22,000
  • Mine did. Turbo deisel, shit hot.
  • They are sure a lot LOT cheaper than UK or German built metal .. never mind the quality .. feel the width ((:>)
  • Thanks for all the comments chaps .. I'll just have to book a test drive and see for meself ...
  • "You get what you pay for"

A phrase that, when applied to life, is wrong 90% of the time

• Sponsored links:

• "You get what you pay for"

A phrase that, when applied to life, is wrong 90% of the time

indeed .. at least 90% of the time ((:>)
  • edited January 2015
    Addickted said:

Wiki tells me .. Dacia .. Romanian but wholly owned by Renault, huge factory turns out 400,000 + cars built in 2013, hence loads on the French roads .. the cars look good and the prices even better ... one Romanian export that could/should be welcomed over here ... 'Following 90 UK complaints about white painted Dusters rusting, Dacia has shifted production of RHD Dusters for the UK from Chennai in India to its Pitesti plant in Romania' (HonestJohn.co.uk)
  • Hyundai Santa fe get good write ups
  • 2nd hand porsche cayenne.... £70k worth of car for about £15k for a four year old
  • £15k buys an 07/08 Cayenne or an 08/09 VW Toureg or a 10 reg Volvo XC90 which has 7 seats
  • Ssanyong make good vehicles. My father-in-law has had one for about 4 years and rates it very highly. He's never had a problem with his. The downside is that they don't old their value
  • Our neighbour has a rexton I think it's called? He loves it. They are owned by Mercedes or something I seem to recall?
  • They have used Mercedes Diesel engines but Ssangyong is owned by Mahindra an Indian industrial group.
  • Never heard of these, so I googled it. This is the image that came up.

Surely this isn't the model you're thinking of. One of the ugliest cars I've seen..........

A fat micra