Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Events Leading To Luzon's Appointment

Just to remind everyone who is confused by the club's version of events - with the timetable of events 'apparently' being set in motion on January 10th after the defeat against Brighton - the reality is that way back on 4th January some people already knew what was going to happen.

Desert Red wrote this in a post :

Desert Red Member
January 4
Rumours in the Israeli media today that Guy Luzon, former manager of Standard and friend of RD, is to become the new Charlton manager.

By 5th January there were Twitter messages saying the same thing - they were dismissed by many people here at the time. Was this suggestion back as early as Jan 4th just a lucky guess in the dark or did someone know something? The chances of coming up with the right name a full week before it happened seems pretty conclusive, Someone knew something and all the subsequent blather about 20 other candidates and interviews and us ending up after an exhaustive search and interview process with (surprise, surprise) Guy Luzon really does look a decidedly dodgy smokescreen.

I just wish the guy who questioned her on the train had been calmer and more methodical in his approach and had made Katrien Meire deal with the above points.

Comments

• I believe the official line that the club (ie Katrien & co.) had no intention of sacking Peeters until after the Brighton game.

I also believe the rumour that Guy & Dudu had been in Roland's ear about the CAFC job since he was relieved of his duties at Standard.

It then makes sense that when Roland got wind of the discontent among the squad (combined with downturn in results), he had an easy 'solution'.
  • Guy Luzon - Problem is i could of gave you that name back in November that he would be the next manager - Unsure why people are so shocked?
  • Nadou said:

Just to remind everyone who is confused by the club's version of events - with the timetable of events 'apparently' being set in motion on January 10th after the defeat against Brighton - the reality is that way back on 4th January some people already knew what was going to happen.

Desert Red wrote this in a post :

Desert Red Member
    January 4
    Rumours in the Israeli media today that Guy Luzon, former manager of Standard and friend of RD, is to become the new Charlton manager.

By 5th January there were Twitter messages saying the same thing - they were dismissed by many people here at the time. Was this suggestion back as early as Jan 4th just a lucky guess in the dark or did someone know something? The chances of coming up with the right name a full week before it happened seems pretty conclusive, Someone knew something and all the subsequent blather about 20 other candidates and interviews and us ending up after an exhaustive search and interview process with (surprise, surprise) Guy Luzon really does look a decidedly dodgy smokescreen.

I just wish the guy who questioned her on the train had been calmer and more methodical in his approach and had made Katrien Meire deal with the above points.

So, in summary, you are saying someone knew that Luzon was going to be appointed back in early January.
    But that's not an event leading to his appointment and it's only one point.
  • Cafcfan - just saying that the events as presented by the club don't add up if some people knew that Luzon was going to be the next manager before it happened - makes it even stranger if scabby horse knew it back in November as he says
  • Oh good, another thread on this.
  • edited January 2015
    The whole thing was there as at least a 'fall back' option when Guy Luzon was sacked at Liege. No other manager had a chance even if Jose of Chelsea or Alex of Manchester had 'expressed an interest'. Everything else is all dressing and backdrop.
    I want to know if the UK Border Agency or the Home Office are doing their job.
    Who is taking training this week, who is taking training today?
  • seth plum said:

The whole thing was there as at least a 'fall back' option when Guy Luzon was sacked at Liege. No other manager had a chance even if Jose of Chelsea or Alex of Manchester had 'expressed an interest'. Everything else is all dressing and backdrop.
    I want to know if the UK Border Agency or the Home Office are doing their job.
    Who is taking training this week, who is taking training today?

Ben Haim and Bikey probably, as usual!
  • Has Luzon been given his permit yet? Also is he bringing in his own coaches? The whole things a shambles. I'm still refreshing CL in the hope of seeing permit denied thread popping up...
  • I'd like to see a "W'eve suspended all new threads until you've used up the existing ones." thread!
  • Bikey and his Imaginary friend took training this morning. Imaginary companions are an integral part of many footballers lives. They provide comfort in times of stress, companionship when they're lonely, someone to boss around when they feel powerless, and someone to blame for the goal scored from a corner 2 to 3 times each saturday afternoon. Most important, an imaginary companion is a tool for use to help them make sense of the championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• This clown was always lined up. How on earth would half the Charlton fanbase know the former Israeli U21 manager otherwise.
  • Roland would have no idea how to pick the right manager even if he wanted to go through the correct procedures.
  • Has Luzon been given his permit yet? Also is he bringing in his own coaches? The whole things a shambles. I'm still refreshing CL in the hope of seeing permit denied thread popping up...

KM said in the SSN interview that he would not be bringing any coaches with him, and that Matthew and Roberts would be his coaching team. Maybe she lied though?
  • Bored of all the constant in fighting, at the end of the day there's pretty much fuck all we can do about the situation even if we were united about our approach.
  • Bored of all the constant in fighting, at the end of the day there's pretty much fuck all we can do about the situation even if we were united about our approach.

This