Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK - Watford 5-0

Many thanks to the 37 Lifers who gave their marks. I only used those marks that gave individual marks for each player. The averages are:

Watt------------- 4.79 MoM
Etheridge----------- 4.65
Solly--------------- 4.41
Wiggins------------ 4.13
Vetokele------------ 4.12
Ben Haim----------- 4.01
Gudmundsson------- 3.74
Cousins------------ 3.51
Bikey--------------- 3.32
Buyens------------- 3.13
Harriott------------- 2.76
Wilson-------------- 2.58
Team---- 3.76

more detail here: https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/e7/39cb7d1bdd9894eb282f30a663931a.pdf

The lowest average for a game in previous seasons was:
13/14: 4.20 Doncaster away
12/13: 5.24 Nottingham Forest home
11/12: 5.38 Notts County home
10/11: 4.18 Swindon home

The lowest individual averages were:
13/14: 3.00 Evina, Doncaster away
12/13: 3.70 Stephens, Nottingham Forest home
11/12: 4.50 Sullivan, P.N.E away
10/11: 3.21 Francis, MK Dons away

Comments

• We're so good.
  • Add up all the averages at the end of the season and the player with the highest average should get trophy for Charlton Life player of the year.
  • edited January 2015
    Erm :smile:

GUDMUNDSSON Shots 3 Accuracy 50%?

It looks to me that Wilson got an unfair caning, amongst the highest pass completion %!

Finally form table is a bit odd?
    Team Won Drawn Lost GD PPG Form Position
    CHARLTON 24th 2 4 -11 0.33 24th (-3)
  • edited January 2015
    Colleague at work who is a Watford fan made the following observations. I think it can be informative to hear from a neutral.

Ventokele (I think he means Vetokele) looked lively and rolled our defence with ease – although you could see that his confidence wasn’t great when it came to shooting. Might have been a different story if he could have buried an early chance…(probably not)

Bikey looked quite good

The fans were pretty good and were still singing at 4-0 (in fact were louder then than earlier in the game!)

Negatives:

The overall performance wasn’t great, obviously

The goalie was the worst I have ever seen when it came to dealing with back-passes.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Erm :smile:

GUDMUNDSSON Shots 3 Accuracy 50%?

It looks to me that Wilson got an unfair caning, amongst the highest pass completion %!

Finally form table is a bit odd?
    Team Won Drawn Lost GD PPG Form Position
    CHARLTON 24th 2 4 -11 0.33 24th (-3)

thanks Dazzler it should of course read

CHARLTON 0,2,4, -11, 0.33, 24TH (-3) i was becoming a little brain numbed by the time I got to that bit
  • Amazing figures for the first two how the f@ck was Watt our best player??????? He hardly touched the ball.

If it wasn't for 3/4 blinding saves from Etheridge we would have lost by a far greater margin, incredible how some have marked that!
  • top of form table plays bottom of form table next game
  • OPTA stats - for premiership players I think they measure how far a player has run during a game I have certainly seen this quoted in occasions.
    It would be very interesting to see if these are available for championship - particularly to compare to some other games this season
  • Colleague at work who is a Watford fan made the following observations. I think it can be informative to hear from a neutral.

Ventokele (I think he means Vetokele) looked lively and rolled our defence with ease – although you could see that his confidence wasn’t great when it came to shooting. Might have been a different story if he could have buried an early chance…(probably not)

Bikey looked quite good

The fans were pretty good and were still singing at 4-0 (in fact were louder then than earlier in the game!)

Negatives:

The overall performance wasn’t great, obviously

The goalie was the worst I have ever seen when it came to dealing with back-passes.

As a Watford fan, he's not a neutral, is he?
  • redman said:

OPTA stats - for premiership players I think they measure how far a player has run during a game I have certainly seen this quoted in occasions.
    It would be very interesting to see if these are available for championship - particularly to compare to some other games this season

There are some OPTA stats in the detailed copy of the statbank, unfortunately I have been unable to find the info on distance run.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm glad there isn't a fan average rating, mine would be terrible.

Doncaster, Sheffield Utd and Watford are 3 of my last 4 away games
  • Ben18 said:

I'm glad there isn't a fan average rating, mine would be terrible.

And the other?
  • Ben18 said:

I'm glad there isn't a fan average rating, mine would be terrible.

And the other?
    Norwich!
  • Think its harsh on Wilson, I'd have him at 4th from bottom
  • I dont think the letters MOM should appear anywhere on this thread!
  • Kap10 said:

Think its harsh on Wilson, I'd have him at 4th from bottom

Yes, he wasn't obviously more rubbish than many of the other players.
  • We the fans were MOM by far
  • We the fans were MOM by far

The ones who stayed for 90 minutes and kept their sense of humour, MOM

Not the ones who went missing the same time as the players after each goal in the first half,

"your support is effing shit" before they turned there back on the team and walked out.
    They don't understand Irony, obviously.

Later found in the walkabout, moon under the water, other pubs were available.

"Was there a fire drill" NO

There was a towering inferno.

• Envy them. If WD had been 4-0 up at h/t I would have gone home or searched for Hare Krishna.
  • Sponsored links:

• @AFKABartram‌ - can we please unpin this from the top of the board? It's getting me down.
  • @AFKABartram‌ - can we please unpin this from the top of the board? It's getting me down.

spare a thought for he who compiled it, I'm dreading the next set of marks :neutral_face:
  • edited January 2015

@AFKABartram‌ - can we please unpin this from the top of the board? It's getting me down.

spare a thought for he who compiled it, I'm dreading the next set of marks :neutral_face:
    That's true.

I would normally indulge in banter with you but we've got a serious Cup tie of our own to deal with this weekend. :-)