Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

There will be many more good times - and not too far away!

Comments

• Marvellous
  • For me just watching videos like these just restores any hope I've lost. Despite all the negativity as of late, I feel things will be on the up very soon. Wish I could have seen Charlton when they were in the Premier League, but hopefully they'll be back up soon
  • Still waiting for the, 'Move on' brigade.
    Wonder how many former stars would flourish in today's game.
    I was a big fan of Andy Hunt - perfect for our level today.
    So many great names over the years - and many more to come.
  • Have loved this video since I first saw it. Excellent stuff. Up the Addicks!

Someone send it to Roland.
  • Superb video. Just a taster for some of the countless superb moments I've enjoyed with Charlton Athletic.

Incredible happiness. But dont feel like they can ever be recreated or come close to under the current regime I'm afraid.
  • Aah Super Clive, Andy Hunt, Paolo de Canio, Kinsela, Scot Parker, Bent. I feel much better now.

The good times will return - just dont know when. In the meantime keep the faith. COYR
  • We felt a lot of identity with the club then didn't we
  • Just such a great video. Brings back many happy memories that i'll never forget. Don't feel connected to the club at all like I did a few years ago, so much has changed but atleast we can look back on what was some very special years in our history. What's the lyrics in the song? This ships sinking.....
  • Superb video. Just a taster for some of the countless superb moments I've enjoyed with Charlton Athletic.

Incredible happiness. But dont feel like they can ever be recreated or come close to under the current regime I'm afraid.

We all hope you're wrong on the last bit, as I'm sure you do, too.
    Hopefully we're in for a pleasant surprise.
  • Just such a great video. Brings back many happy memories that i'll never forget. Don't feel connected to the club at all like I did a few years ago, so much has changed but atleast we can look back on what was some very special years in our history. What's the lyrics in the song? This ships sinking.....

Could possibly have chosen better background music, as you say.
    Keep on Running, maybe or Everyone's a Winner?
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks a million for posting this - a very timely and welcome reminder ....

The 90s have to be the all-time classic Charlton decade, starting it with absolutely nothing and finishing it back in the Prem after a second promotion in three years, with The Valley blossoming. That die-hard Charlton spirit is what saw us through - and it always will. CTID!!

• edited January 2015
    I was there from 1996 on wards for this with my dad :) and we was there for the bad times as well keep the faith in Charlton. As me and my dad have seen some great games together
  • Great video, we've had some brilliant players.
  • How did Martin Pringle make the video???

On Adobe I think... doesn't look like the Microsoft programme but I am no expert... ;)

Probably because the goal was against Crystal Palace.

I must wear rose-tinted specs coz I thought Pringle was half decent when he was fit.
    His strike rate wasn't what it should have been but bags of pace and could cause mayhem when running at the defence.

One of my fave moments was Peter Shirtliff goals vs Leeds in the '87 play-offs.
    Couldn't get to the game but listened on the radio and one of the most exciting radio commentaries ever. I cracked a few bottles open that night after our late winner.
  • What a timely reminder of what we had and some time in the future - might have again!