Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Too many spectators

I have noticed the demise of fans around the Valley for many years now. And the increase of spectators and bystanders. I take my boys and encourage them to clap sing and cheer and enjoy themselves and get behind the team. Unfortunately too many people want to sit back a watch the game while talking about t.v shows etc.
rant over.

Comments

• fenn3098 said:

I have noticed the demise of fans around the Valley for many years now. And the increase of spectators and bystanders. I take my boys and encourage them to clap sing and cheer and enjoy themselves and get behind the team. Unfortunately too many people want to sit back a watch the game while talking about t.v shows etc.
    rant over.

Not much going on the pitch to talk about
  • Halix said:

Everyone goes to football for their own reasons, not everyone wants to spend their time being vocal, people pay their money and make their own choice.</blockquote

Exactly right.

• fenn3098 said:

rant over.

I don't usually make it as far as my seat. I usually prop myself up at the bar and listen.
  • There are always lots of Scandinavian supporters at our matches and I've spoken to quite a few on match day . I'm proud that they come to our games and most buy merchandise as well.
    Long may it continue.
  • Group of six Eastern Europeans v Brighton. Or is this the wrong thread.
  • There are always lots of Scandinavian supporters at our matches and I've spoken to quite a few on match day . I'm proud that they come to our games and most buy merchandise as well.
    Long may it continue.

What's the origin of the Scandinavian support ? Claus, Romedhal, JJ or does it go further back than that ?
  • They think we are Arsenal , and no ones got the balls to tell them otherwise !
  • se9addick said:

There are always lots of Scandinavian supporters at our matches and I've spoken to quite a few on match day . I'm proud that they come to our games and most buy merchandise as well.
    Long may it continue.

What's the origin of the Scandinavian support ? Claus, Romedhal, JJ or does it go further back than that ?
    Bjorn Borg
  • Sponsored links:

• Lots of Germans in the West Upper against Brighton.
  • se9addick said:

There are always lots of Scandinavian supporters at our matches and I've spoken to quite a few on match day . I'm proud that they come to our games and most buy merchandise as well.
    Long may it continue.

Hans Jepson?

Bet they can't wait to come back.........
  • fenn3098 said:

rant over.

Halix said:

Everyone goes to football for their own reasons, not everyone wants to spend their time being vocal, people pay their money and make their own choice.

I can sympathise with both viewpoints. I sit in the upper west because I like the view (of the pitch, obviously) and because I'm with my teenage daughter and don't want her exposed to the lower classes (joke - don't write in). I would love it if everyone there was a bit more passionate, sang more etc, but they don't and I'm not going to be the lone nutter. We have some excellent banter, in the genuine sense of the word, but no influence whatsoever on the occasion. At away games I'm a stander and a singer, so environment and culture clearly plays a large part in it.
  • I think we get a bit of footie-tourism from people who come to London and then find that tickets for Premiership teams are hard to come by unless you are absolutely minted. If only we had a way of keeping hold of them.
  • fenn3098 said:

rant over.

Not much going on the pitch to talk about
    There must be something to talk about as the amount of chatting going on in the north upper was noticeable last week.

and, have we lost a drummer?
    Long may it continue.

The Scandinavians love a good dark drama where there's never a happy ending and it always ends in tears.

Born Bjorn to be Charlton fans.

Bet they can't wait to come back.........
    It was amusing listening to their thoughts on the game. I don't claim to know the German language inside out but I do know what they mean when they say "ahhh das ist Scheiss!".
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

I think we get a bit of footie-tourism from people who come to London and then find that tickets for Premiership teams are hard to come by unless you are absolutely minted. If only we had a way of keeping hold of them.

Lock them in the museum.
  • I just loved it when the valley was rocking. I hate when you hear the reporters comment on how great palace fans are.
    I do understand what you say about reasons, I find it a bit embarrassing when it's silent and away fans sing 'this is a library'.
  • We ahve our moments in the Upper West I can remember flapping my blanket !!!! a few times!!
  • Kap10 said:

We ahve our moments in the Upper West I can remember flapping my blanket !!!! a few times!!

Baked beans for lunch again, Kap ?

• fenn3098 said:

rant over.

The way English football is now...just look at the comments lol. Your doing the right thing and make sure you let them know the true values of football, kids now growing up thinking football is a TV show
  • Looks like HE'S back !
  • Give me some pride and passion on the pitch and I gladly sing clap and cheer
    And also get out my flask blanket and sandwiches
  • PL54 said:

Looks like HE'S back !

not sure it's him yet ... still awaiting the 'ultra' comment
  • No it is.

Dennis / Dan / Matt / Mark / Peter / steve / David, Alice etc

No more please, we have made clear you are now excluded from this forum. Please no more applications or we made have to take further (which we don't want to)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!