Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon: Track record in Belgium shows I can succeed at Charlton

Comments

Richard Murray's body language doesn't look too inspiring...
  • Time will tell Mr. Luzon. Football is also my love and passion but that alone will not make me a successful manager.
  • He looks a tiny bit like a skinny Clive Mandonca in the poor lighting. Lets see if we ever sing Super Super Guy; super super Guy; super super Guy, Super Guyeee Luzon.

Would love that to happen, but somehow doubt it.
  • “You can’t compare football in England to anywhere else in the world." - Hit the nail on the head there Mr Luzon. That's why we need an English manager...
  • Charlton chief executive Katrien Meire revealed that Luzon wasn’t the only candidate Charlton interviewed but said the club had “employed somebody who we know has the qualities”.

Who else was interviewed then? I remember her/RD saying the same thing before BP was given the job and we never knew who else had been considered. The speed in which these two fire and hire makes me think the pair of them just lie continually. There were no other managers even considered by them. I don't believe they interviewed anyone else.

It was GL's job before BP had even been sacked. KM is nothing more than a cheat and a liar, hiding behind the fact she is a woman in what is considered by most, to be a man's sport. Murray looks like a man who knows exactly what is coming and it aint good!
  • edited January 2015

“You can’t compare football in England to anywhere else in the world." - Hit the nail on the head there Mr Luzon. That's why we need an English manager...

I forgot that no non-English manager has ever achieved in England.

• “You can’t compare football in England to anywhere else in the world." - Hit the nail on the head there Mr Luzon. That's why we need an English manager...

I forgot that no non-English manager has ever achieved in England.

Can't list too many that have suceeded in the second-tier with no playing or management experience of the league and no budget to bring players in.

It's all very well to come into the Prem and use world-class players, but winning at any level of the Football League is a totally different challenge.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Ronald McDonald was amongst the other candidates, along with Mary Poppins (The English Candidate).
  • Why is Murray even there? He has has much influence at what goes on at Charlton as Ronald McDonald does. It's embarrassing.

Translater................... :)

• WSA said:

Richard Murray's body language doesn't look too inspiring...

He's trying to lean out of camera shot, poor git

I forgot that no non-English manager has ever achieved in England The Championship.

• edited January 2015
  • Rossman92 said:

Hmm to be honest I like his spirit. I'm very happy to give Guy a chance, anyone who says they love to win and hate to lose is the kind of manager I like, I know it's a simple statement but it's the spirit we need. Forget about Roland and Katrien for now, let's give Guy some support, he needs it.

I like Simon Church's spirit. He's not the striker to take us to the Prem though. But as you say, we should give him support and hopefully he'll be a revelation. Roland's put him in a situation where if he doesn't get results quickly though the atmosphere will turn sour
  • edited January 2015
  • Why is Murray even there? He has has much influence at what goes on at Charlton as Ronald McDonald does. It's embarrassing.

you beat me to it

I forgot that no non-English manager has ever achieved in England The Championship.

Serious question - have any foreign managers managed promotion out of the championship? There must be at least one but I can't think of anybody...
  • Sponsored links:

• RDM when at WBA
  • I'd rather him than one of those English managers that go round failing but somehow getting new jobs.

Doesn't take away the fact I dreamt of having Curbs back.
  • So “You can’t compare football in England to anywhere else in the world" but "Track record in Belgium shows I can succeed at Charlton". Erm, ok.
  • Quote taken from the OS: “There is a higher tempo in the league and most of the time the stadium is full and the atmosphere is great".

He's obviously not been down the valley yet then...............