Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our record this season before and after Luzon was sacked by Standard.

Apologies if this has been pointed out already but after seeing this 'quote' from BP it got me thinking.

Peeters was quoted in Belgium today as saying: “When Guy Luzon was sacked at Standard, I knew I had to be careful. I still regret that I had to leave.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-players-concerned-that-guy-luzon-lacks-the-right-experience-9977022.html

It got me wondering about our downturn in form and the relationship between Bob and the players. Here is our record before and after Guy Luzon got sacked at Standard:

Before : Played 12, Won 4, Drawn 7, Lost 1
After : Played 13, Won 2, Drawn 6, Lost 5

One of the wins after was against Bolton on 21st October.

Might be a coincidence, or perhaps Bob was feeling the pressure and this had a affect on the players and the mood in the dressing room.

Comments

• Good link. May have also influenced his more cautious approach that we seemed to adopt.
  • Interesting thought, good research.

What date did Henderson get injured on ?
  • The fixtures after were arguably 'easier' too, despite playing Ipswich twice.

His last game was 8th November before the international break, Pope played the next game on the 22nd. No doubt we've missed him!
  • Very plausible point... Always possible for the decline
  • Was he sacked or did he resign? I get more confused every day?
  • Was he sacked or did he resign? I get more confused every day?

'Pushed' is probably the more accurate phrase
  • Addicted said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUltheRpJNw

the wicker man bees comments get me
  • And when was it Bob said he wanted his contract extended beyond the end of the season?
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Good link. May have also influenced his more cautious approach that we seemed to adopt.

Don't see this personally, as I thought we were just as cautious at the beginning of the season. The main difference being we just about managed to get an early lead.........
  • That cat in the photo above looks so pissed off !

• For me the downturn was a slow drain of some of the players confidence . Its natural during a bad run. Some more affected than others which is what we see..
  • cabbles said:

Good link. May have also influenced his more cautious approach that we seemed to adopt.

Don't see this personally, as I thought we were just as cautious at the beginning of the season. The main difference being we just about managed to get an early lead.........
    Difficult to say. Thought we were more open in the first 2 months of the season. Or maybe just more clinical with the chances we had