Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exclusive - Alan Curbishley could be keen on Charlton director of football role

According to Talk Sport. This would be an interesting olive branch to Charlton's fans. It could also be lazy journalism....

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-alan-curbishley-could-be-keen-charlton-director-football-role-150114132238

Comments

• Maybe he is also desperate to get back to work and is making everyone know that he is available.
  • We already have a DOF - His name is Roly.
  • Looking increasingly desperate I am afraid. Move on Al, you don't work here any more.
  • Except he doesn't really say that does he?
  • He 'could be keen' on a job he has as much chance of getting as he has of being chosen as Britain's next (or is it first) asronaut
  • He 'could be keen' on a job he has as much chance of getting as he has of being chosen as Britain's next (or is it first) asronaut

Definitely isnt the first Brit into Space... Helen Sharman

What's an asronout? , I'm taking the P your missing. T,
  • You have about as much of Roland appointing a DOF as you have of skating on the Moon. This is a man who thinks delegation is a group of people going to a Conference.

What's an asronout? , I'm taking the P your missing. T,
    an 'asronaut' is a spaceman with no spaceship ((:>)

He 'could be keen' on a job he has as much chance of getting as he has of being chosen as Britain's next (or is it first) asronaut

Definitely isnt the first Brit into Space... Helen Sharman
    I fort as much and she definitely had a T in her job description ((:>)
  • Alan's juices are flowing
  • Sponsored links:

• His pundit work must be drying out?
  • If RD really gave a damn about supporters views, then he should consider this. It would placate a large chunk of the fans seeing a Charlton face within the circle.

Whether it actually would be the right move or not, to appoint him in that role, is a different question entirely.
  • I happen to know Curbs earns a comfortable living through his punditry work and if he wanted to would never have to work again, but his love is football and he wants to get back into it.

That said I also know that he's using the Charlton situation just as an opportunity to remind people that he's available for work.
  • Given the penchant for looking backwards rather than forwards on CL, I'm surprised nobody has started a 'bring back Danny Green' campaign.
  • Given the penchant for looking backwards rather than forwards on CL, I'm surprised nobody has started a 'bring back Danny Green' campaign.

Green or Wagstaff?
  • edited January 2015

Given the penchant for looking backwards rather than forwards on CL, I'm surprised nobody has started a 'bring back Danny Green' campaign.

We have been trying to do just that for quite a while but nobody seems to be able to contact him, if only someone knew where he lived.