Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon Dog racing.

Anyone who enjoys a night at the dogs, they are doing free entry plus pint of lager until 28th Feb with voucher.http://www.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=10157&q=2118054

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Stu - just down the road from me.
  • Options
    Im still upset they closed down Walthamstow dog track, had some great nights there. Went to Wimbledon once but didn't think it had the same character.
  • Options
    Isn't that where AFC Wimbledon want to build their new ground?
  • Options
    Never got to go to the Stow but heard it was very good with a night club joined onto it. Always liked Catford as it was more local to me plus i seemed to be lucky there.
  • Options

I believe so, would be a shame as not many left now.

• Options

Correct, the old Speedway track.
  • Options
    Will always be Wimbledon Dons Speedway to me
  • Options
    I shall be doing this.
  • Options

Never got to go to the Stow but heard it was very good with a night club joined onto it. Always liked Catford as it was more local to me plus i seemed to be lucky there.

Always lucky there? Wasn't it full of dogs?
  • Options
    Used to go catford a lot when it was open now go crayford but it's not the same shit stadium with no real atmosphere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Last time I went was about a year ago. They only had one side open (I think this is the case all of the time now) and trying to get a drink or something to eat was absolutely horrendous, it made half time at The Valley look like a professional operation.

Waited half an hour in a queue and gave up.

Used to be a great night out and also used to love going along to Catford back in the day. There was a group of about ten of us, we all said we wouldn't be going back.
  • Options
    I've been to Wimbledon dogs at least annually for the last 5 years.

Only one side open, but that's the "decent" side, where you can sit inside.

Never ever had to wait, to be served drink or food. I'm amazed at the above.

Very good night out, I'd thoroughly recommend.
  • Options

I've been to Wimbledon dogs at least annually for the last 5 years.

Only one side open, but that's the "decent" side, where you can sit inside.

Never ever had to wait, to be served drink or food. I'm amazed at the above.

Very good night out, I'd thoroughly recommend.

Maybe they had an off night then Covered End, they lost a lot of customers that night though, many of us who had been going for years off and on. We were downstairs and just wanted a beer and to put a bet on then step outside and watch the racing. Shouldn't be too much to ask? It was a truly shite evening and they cost themselves money by not being able to cater for the punters.

In true English nature I never properly complain about anything, did this time though. Sent an email to them, nothing back at all.

Would love to hear that it's better now and might then give it another go in the future as it was always a good night out before that.
  • Options
    Aah. I use the upstairs bars. Much warmer, much more pleasant and no queues.
    Get there earlyish, grab a table with a view & get food from upstairs as well.
    Only problem would be if you're there by yourself (keeping a table).
    We nip down to put the bets on, takes 1 minute, or use the upstairs Tote.
  • Options
    Is Catford not still open?
  • Options
    Never had trouble getting drinks either, would imagine it being a lot busier on the derby nights though.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Closed years ago. Probably more than 5 years ago.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Housing estate mate probably still get a load of dogs running around it
  • Options
    PL54 said:

The dog stadium is already under construction for a new housing development.

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Used to go catford a lot when it was open now go crayford but it's not the same shit stadium with no real atmosphere

Never been to the 'new' Crayford, used to love the banger racing there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

Closed in 2003.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Closed in 2003.
    Yes, I thought it was probably more like 10 tbh.
  • Options
    Go to Hall Green dogs frequently.
    Less fun since they lost the speedway club.
    Dog vs bike would have been fun.

When I first went dog racing, the dogs always won.
    I'm getting better now though.
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

Never been to the 'new' Crayford, used to love the banger racing there!
    Your not missing much I go a few times a year as the kids love it and so I take them to keep them happy although I get accused of turning them into gamblers
  • Options
    mickc said:

PL54 said:

The dog stadium is already under construction for a new housing development.

I can only imagine how crap that housing will be around there
  • Options
    Went last night,had a good night happy to break even when i go live dog/horse racing but finished £100 up after bets and drinks.If you want to sit down, you need to be there no later than 6.45pm,
  • Options
    We're going on Friday.
  • Options
    Is a great micro brewery/ bar opp the car park of the dogs. Worth popping in before hand.
  • Options
    Joshuk87 said:

Is a great micro brewery/ bar opp the car park of the dogs. Worth popping in before hand.

Presumably doesn't sell Guinness or lager ?
  • Options
    Another night of losing your money.....http://www.lovethedogs.co.uk/uploads/new123wmtojune.pdf