Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RD's one mistake...................so far

I will add this is only in my eyes and heart.Ive heard all the rumours on here and a few more from people I know at the club through work I've done there but to me they are only rumours and I make my judgement from what I see and feel.The sacking of Chris Powell was correct know matter how much of a legend he is as we was only going back to League One under his football and tactics,the appointment of Jose Riga was a complete shock but inspired and saved our Championship status.But this is where I see the only mistake and that was LETTING RIGA GO! Peeters had to go after recent results and performances plus to me you could see some players had issues with him.As for the new manager Luzon I havent a clue about him but will support him like every manager that comes into this great club of ours.My only little moan is there was no excitement in the process of our new manager as we all knew who it was as soon as Peeters went or was going.I don't even have a problem with the networking of players as there are positives and negatives to this and I know we've seen some right clowns here is still believe we are in a better position for this project.RD is certainly his own man and nothing or no one will change that and until I feel this club of ours is no longer in a better position than it has been for many a year he has my support.

Comments

• Thank you for a sensible post and I, for one, are with you here
  • Don't forget selling (I'm not fit enough to play this game) Yann, now that was silly.
  • OK so who hasn't?
  • Clearly there's more to moan about than the lack of excitement in the process of naming the new manager, especially as you've mentioned Peeters falling out with some of the players...
  • stevec said:

OK so who hasn't?

It's learning from them that counts. And he hasn't.
  • stevec said:

OK so who hasn't?

RD - according to the very title of this thread...
  • Should the thread title read "RD's one mistake...................too far"?

Please note my comment is somewhat tongue-in-cheek.
  • Buying the club in the first place ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Tj and Ms was worse they never had any money.
  • I agree with KillerKishs posts, things although not great are better than they were. Lets wait and see if Luzon is the answer.
  • Recruitment of players would be better if MS and TJ were here and had the same amount of money as RD. In my opinion.

Chris Powell signed good players (for that present time) with the odd exception.

Under RD we have signed mostly shite players, with the odd exception.
  • Agree with a lot of this but he's made some bad decisions with player retention and recruitment. I'd also add that it's not a statement that we were going down under CP, it's an opinion. 4 points from safety with 4 (5?) games in hand was hardly dead and buried.
  • His early player recruitment decisions were shocking.
  • One mistake?

Could write a book on them
  • colin1961 said:

Riga was only ever going to be 4 months role he Knew that because We could not appoint Peeters in Jan like we wanted to and had to wait till summer

And then he was going to take over the academy when Hart went to Man City.

Must be true as you kept telling us it was.

I do love the constant re-writing of history by some.
  • colin1961 said:

Riga was only ever going to be 4 months role he Knew that because We could not appoint Peeters in Jan like we wanted to and had to wait till summer

And then could not appoint Luzon like we wanted in the summer so appointed Peeters. I say 'we', I mean Roland.
  • Although somewhat bemused it looks like most fans view the first 12 months of Staprix ownership as a success. Better players, better league position, no more tales of unpaid creditors and bouncing payroll run...and the pitch.
    If we can say the same in 6 and 12 months time then that works for me.
  • Press conference due on sky any time now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not signing up Riga was his biggest mistake, and then selling Kerms.
  • boogica said:

Press conference due on sky any time now.

Apparently despite the events of the last few days, Roland hasn't even bothered to attend the press conference.

I should be surprised, but I'm not.
  • edited January 2015

boogica said:

Press conference due on sky any time now.

Apparently despite the events of the last few days, Roland hasn't even bothered to attend the press conference.

I should be surprised, but I'm not.
    I guess in the world of Skype he didnt really need to be in country for it (i.e. I'm guessing he'd have been part of the Interview but back in Belgium)
  • 1. Letting Riga go
    2. Selling Yann
    3. Selling Morrison
    4. Bringing in Thuram

are 4 mistakes off the top of my head
  • To be fair, Riga didn't have enough time to have a sticky patch. Invariably, he would have had one and you'd all be slagging him off by now
  • Bringing in Thuram was hilarious though. I didn't think we'd ever find a player worse than Izale McLeod but Roland pulled the rabbit out of the hat.
  • We only had Hamer though when Thuram came in though...

Yes we had Ben Alnwick but he wasnt in the right place mentally at that time
  • edited January 2015

1. Letting Riga go
    2. Selling Yann
    3. Selling Morrison
    4. Bringing in Thuram

are 4 mistakes off the top of my head

5. No waffles (as I had hopefully expected) in the East Stand
  • Paying something like £600k for Piotr Parsycek? (or however you spell it...)
  • Selling YK. Even Katrien admits as much.