Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cafc....a rich mans hobby

Personally I'm sick of reading all this "I'm behind him 100%" shit. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect all of them but do not have to agree with them. So, like a dragon in Dragons Den, I'll tell you where I am ( for those who may be interested, not for those at aren't)...I don't like RD. I didn't like BP and I don't trust a word KM says. I don't think GL should have been appointed and I'm sick of inheriting average and shit players. I feel let down. I feel sad but above all feel angry and mugged off. I'm struggling to convince my sons to support the club their dad and grandad has for years and years and to be honest, I just don't feel like it's the same club. We are nothing more than RD's hobby. He wants to play young and unknown players to put them on a platform and cash in when the opportunity arises. There is no ambition. No passion. Just the odd business opportunity to be had. I will not support GL at all. If he wants my support he has to earn it. He has done very little to warrant getting the job in the first place and has plenty of time to get us into the top 6, at worst top 8.

Yes I'm angry. Yes I'm pissed off and yes, some of that cafe passion has died today. I have RD and KM to thank for that.

Comments

• Take over a football club, pour loads of money into upgrading the facilities, yet don't invest enough in the team, meaning we will stay a championship club at the very best, which means he'll be a few million quid out of pocket every year.

Sounds like the sort of thing only a drug cartel would do to launder their money....................

**Disclaimer: To the legal team of Roland Douchatalet, I am not, for one minute accusing Mr Douchatalet of being a drug baron (Mr Oyston has taught us to be careful now)..........phew

You're not the only person who's said that I can tell you!
  • braydex said:

Personally I'm sick of reading all this "I'm behind him 100%" shit. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect all of them but do not have to agree with them. So, like a dragon in Dragons Den, I'll tell you where I am ( for those who may be interested, not for those at aren't)...I don't like RD. I didn't like BP and I don't trust a word KM says. I don't think GL should have been appointed and I'm sick of inheriting average and shit players. I feel let down. I feel sad but above all feel angry and mugged off. I'm struggling to convince my sons to support the club their dad and grandad has for years and years and to be honest, I just don't feel like it's the same club. We are nothing more than RD's hobby. He wants to play young and unknown players to put them on a platform and cash in when the opportunity arises. There is no ambition. No passion. Just the odd business opportunity to be had. I will not support GL at all. If he wants my support he has to earn it. He has done very little to warrant getting the job in the first place and has plenty of time to get us into the top 6, at worst top 8.

Yes I'm angry. Yes I'm pissed off and yes, some of that cafe passion has died today. I have RD and KM to thank for that.

At least the diet will go well then.
  • edited January 2015
    braydex said:

Prefer the old cafe then?
    More money?
    Better directors? (Not the beer in the north upper!)
    Better pitch?
    Better prices?
    Better football?
    Better league position?
    What do you imagine would have happened if he hadn't taken us away from the grip of the previous mob?
    OK, I agree, it's looking bleak ish now, but how much worse would it have been if the omni shambles of Prothero Slater Cash ( allegedly) and the mysterons still held the reins as they drove us, like the horsemen of the apocalypse, to ground sub zero?

#just asking
  • Blimey, it looks like Cafe Passion have nicked our badge!

• I hate Roland so much argggggghhhhh
  • Stig said:

Blimey, it looks like Cafe Passion have nicked our badge!

This is the chance we've been waiting for! Sue them for breach of copyright and spend the winnings on a target man...
  • edited January 2015
    Personally I am sick of reading all this "sending my season ticket back RD you are tearing the heart out of our club" toys out of the pram nonsense.
  • ..and we've always had average and shit players with a very few diamonds scattered here and there.
  • Sponsored links:

• But it's those that that say " I'm behind the new boss 100% " that make what is going on at charlton acceptable! So Riga was the right man for the job. Then it was peeters. Now it's Luzon. None of whom had any real track record. When you go for an interview at any job, you get it if you a) impress b) have suitable and or relevant qualifications c) have experience d) can provide good to excellent references..... How then, did either BP or GL get appointed? What happens if say in 5 weeks time, we've not won a game? Will all those getting behind GL still be behind him 100% ? No time or thought was given to this latest appointment? It's been rushed through. We've been lied to by KM and given the job to a man who was at least effectively sacked by RD because he wasn't good enough. Expect a load of network dross to be fielded from now on as we are a charity shop window...hoping to make a few quid here and there. Think about who has gone since RD took over, and who has come in. It's a disgrace and I've never wanted to win the euro millions so much as I do now so I could make RD an offer he couldn't refuse, get rid of his staff and network dross and give the club back to the fans. I mean....we must be the only club to have been taken over by the worst possible multi milli
  • edited January 2015

Personally I am sick of reading all this "sending my season ticket back RD you are tearing the heart out of our club" toys out of the pram nonsense.

Only because you can't find yours to send it back ;-)
  • Reading comment after comment about poor team selection, playing players out of position, poor substitutions, zonal marking etc. etc. etc., and not being able to beat the weaker teams in our division, I can't believe that there is so much complaining about the change that's been made. Something had to be done, obviously RD didn't like the results any more than we did. You could've brought in all the talented players you want, it wouldn't have changed much if they were as poorly managed. If the new manager doesn't do any better, I'm sure he'll be gone too. At the moment this looks like a positive move to me.