Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guy Luzon - now with Israel U21s, but maybe not for long? p9

Comments

• Options
    Re Luxon getting excited...probably wants to get his mitts on Katrien. Wonder if she was in his contract?

Mind you if he gets a decent centre forward in he should do okay and we will leave off of him for a bit.
  • Options
    Riga, Peeters and Luzon.

Their CV's were/are not good enough to manage Charlton.

Luzon, like the other two I will not criticise should it all go 'tits up' for him.

It's Duchatelet that is responsible.

As an aside, Luzon does look uncannily like Gary Stevens who played for Brighton and Spurs in the 80's!
  • Options

Riga, Peeters and Luzon.

Luzon, like the other two I will not criticise should it all go 'tits up' for him.

As an aside, Luzon does look uncannily like Gary Stevens who played for Brighton and Spurs in the 80's!</blockquote

Not true. Luzon has a fair bit of experience if you look at his CV actually.

• Options
    100%

You CL tarts will be wanting banners and all sorts of shite on here in no time.
  • Options
    Luzon by name....
  • Options
    give him a chance no good keep replacing the manager
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Riga, Peeters and Luzon.

As an aside, Luzon does look uncannily like Gary Stevens who played for Brighton and Spurs in the 80's!

The very same whose career was virtually ended by a totally unnecessary clean out tackle by Vinnie Jones on the touch line at White Hart Lane and I am pretty sure was coach of our reserves.
  • Options

Riga, Peeters and Luzon.

I have looked at his CV.

I take it you are on a wind up.

• Options
    edited January 2015

Yes, that is a joke but I'm going to back him like I would any new manager (unless it was Dowie).

I don't know much about him, his record doesn't excite me and I'd rather have Jones or number of other people but if he is Charlton boss then I'll want him to succeed.

But as ever WIOTOS

What does WIOTOS mean?
    Ok mate I can feel a big whoosh coming on but as one of Henry's disciples it's 'When It's On The Official Site'. :smiley:
  • Options

Riga, Peeters and Luzon.

I have looked at his CV.

Riga - disagree - took a squad in the third year of their three year contracts + a few kids and loans and kept us up
    Peeters - 100% agree Belgian 2nd tier yo-yo something akin to Peterborough or Doncaster?
    Luzon... Quarter finals of Europa league... Champions league qualifiers...top of Jupiler... His downfall was losing to Anderlecht in their play-offs which I guess would be like us losing to Palace at Wembley? That is more than qualified!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riga, Peeters and Luzon.

I have looked at his CV.

Riga - disagree - took a squad in the third year of their three year contracts + a few kids and loans and kept us up
    Peeters - 100% agree Belgian 2nd tier yo-yo something akin to Peterborough or Doncaster?
    Luzon... Quarter finals of Europa league... Champions league qualifiers...top of Jupiler... His downfall was losing to Anderlecht in their play-offs which I guess would be like us losing to Palace at Wembley? That is more than qualified!
    Ok, but Riga and BP had sub-Standard players; Luzon had Standard 1st players. Question now is can Guy make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?
  • Options

Riga, Peeters and Luzon.

I have looked at his CV.

If these gentlemen were any good they would have managed to a higher standard.
  • Options

Riga, Peeters and Luzon.

I have looked at his CV.

Actually I am not. When you compare Luzon's CV to Peeters and Riga's he is clearly better qualified.
  • Options

Riga, Peeters and Luzon.

I have looked at his CV.

This
  • Options

Riga, Peeters and Luzon.

I have looked at his CV.

Actually I am not. When you compare Luzon's CV to Peeters and Riga's he is clearly better qualified.
    He may be better qualified but as I said to Seriously Red, if these gentlemen were any good they would have managed to a higher level.
  • Options
    i will support the players and no one else. The players give 100% I'll be happy.
  • Options
    Support me or

'Out vile jelly'.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Support me or

'Out vile jelly'.

I'll get a tattoo like Delort?
  • Options
    Chris Powell 100% support.
  • Options
    I think we will go on a Luzon streak after this appointment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Despite many of us having misgivings about the appointment, we all must give Luzon 100% at least for the first few games. There really is no alternative. The players who did so well in autumn are still here, a new broom may well sweep away their collective cobwebs and get them moving again.
    There is no point going to the Valley and moaning and booing the players, if you feel like doing that you're a loser. Luzon and the team need encouragement not abuse and mistrust and we must all hope that they will do the business again and start doing it very soon.
    As I wrote earlier, the time to water down the 100% proof support is when we go on a long losing streak, and may that never happen
  • Options
    Dear Mr Luzon, All I ask is you play players in their correct position and if you have/had any problems with the Standard Liege lot here, wipe the slate clean and play them if they are good enough. Good luck
  • Options
    Against Brighton everybody was in their correct position and they were still crap. In fact it was only when Solly moved to midfield that things looked up briefly. Peeters played people out of position because his squad was too thin to cover for injuries and suspensions except by playing kids and risking ruining them.
  • Options
    Having seen the video of the press meeting I don't hold out much hope but I'll support whoever he puts on the pitch in a CAFC shirt of whatever colour
  • Options
    We need goals, not solely from the front but from midfield, that's progression. Got a funny feeling if this does not work out, RD has a thing about keeping his coach appointments within his circle of associates - what are the odds, if all goes arse up Riga will be returning?
  • Options
    I will support the new manager and the players, and hope he succeeeds, as we all must, but my tolerance of failure will be much lower than if they hadn't just dumped a Standard Liege bin-end on us.
    My displeasure will be directed not so much at the new man but towards RD and his executive crew. The responsibility for success or failure of this appointment rests entirely with him. He'd better have got it right this time.

#wontbetonit

• Options
    Luzon CV

Qualifications:

Unknown (Does he hold a UEFA B License minimum?)

Managerial History:

Maccabi Irony Petach-Tikva 01/09/2001 -29/05/2007 (6 Years)

01/02 - Israel Premier League (8th)
    02/03 - Israel Premier League (6th)
    03/04 - Israel Premier League (3rd)
    04/05 - Israel Premier League (2nd)
    05/06 - Israel Premier League (5th)
    06/07 - Israel Premier League (6th)

Hapoel Tel-Aviv 29/05/2007 - 25/11/2007 (5 Months)

Maccabi Irony Petach-Tikva 27/01/2008 - 07/04/2008 (3 Months)

Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv 11/06/2008 - 31/05/2010 (2 Years)

08/09 - Israel Premier League (5th)
    09/10 - Israel Premier League (4th)
    09/10 - Europa League Play-Off lost to PSV

Israel U21 National Team 04/08/2010 - 30/06/2013

2013 UEFA Under 21 European Championship (Host Nation)
    Group Stage 3rd Place Won 1 Draw 1 Lost 1

Standard Liege 01/07/2013 - 20/10/2014 (1 Year 3 Months)

13/14 - Belgian Pro League (2nd after Play-Offs)
    13/14 Europa League Group Stage 4th Place Draw 1 Lost 5

Achievements:

2004 - Israel Toto Cup Winners (Maccabi Irony Petach-Tikva)
    2005 - Israel Premier League Runners-Up (Maccabi Irony Petach-Tikva)
    2009/10 - Reached the Europa League Play-Off after 3 QF's (Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv)
    2010 - Israel State Cup Runners-Up (Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv)
    2013 - Beat England U21 1-0 (Israel U21)
    2014 - Belgian Pro League Runners-Up (Standard Leige)

• Options
    Just read in the standard that our players told the high command that they wanted a manager with some experience in the championship or at least in english football. Doubt even they will give him 100% and he hasn't even managed a game yet.