Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's in Charge?

With no Manager, no professional development coach or performance analyst....who is taking charge of training today? Who will be picking the team on Saturday? Is RD going to shoot for the hip once again and appoint someone so soon they will take charge for Saturday's game, or will he take a week or 2 to maybe this time, find the right person? Or is he considering himself, seen as he buys the players, decides on the transfers, picks the team and formation......or so I hear!

Comments

• I would say we let Colin have a crack, he seems clued up.
  • Wonder if the puppet master will try his hand?
  • Guessing it'll be Damien Matthew.. Ben Roberts and Jason Euell taking training
  • Damien Matthew will take training today. Would've finished by now. Probably on route to the ground to see RD
  • _nam11 said:

Damien Matthew will take training today. Would've finished by now. Probably on route to the ground to see RD

Is RD in London ?
  • Guessing it'll be Damien Matthew.. Ben Roberts and Jason Euell taking training

Only ones left aren't they?

Only ones left aren't they?
    It's enough for today anyway.
  • Jason Euell has just finish the u21 game, which we just lost 2-1 to Millwall. Which was moved to kick off 30mins earlier. Not saying its a conspiracy, but everything happens for a reason.
  • _nam11 said:

Jason Euell has just finish the u21 game, which we just lost 2-1 to Millwall. Which was moved to kick off 30mins earlier. Not saying its a conspiracy, but everything happens for a reason.

I did see that yes. Are you thinking Euell may be given the job and an announcement may follow?

It seems people are keen on Damien Matthews getting the job, but has he really got the experience needed? I know he's been a Charlton a few years now, but that doesn't mean he should be manager does it?

I want to see an experienced manager, preferably one who is used to championship football or at least English football. I don't want another bloody 'network manager' and I'm just not sure Matthews is up to the job? Will Euell want it? if there are issues behind the scene with regards to transfers and selections etc. Euell would probably be only too aware of that.

A return for Curbs perhaps.......didn't want that either last night, but i'm coming round to the idea again. I also think he would bring the crowds back to the valley which isn't a bad thing?

Riga - would he want the job? I wouldn't if I was him.

Sherwood? Is that just because he was at Blackburn game? Don't really know about him?

My gut feeling is that it will still be a network manager, who has very little managerial experience but will conform to what is required of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• _nam11 said:

Jason Euell has just finish the u21 game, which we just lost 2-1 to Millwall. Which was moved to kick off 30mins earlier. Not saying its a conspiracy, but everything happens for a reason.

Nailed on then.
  • Not saying Euell would have it. It could be nothing, sheer coincidence.

It could also be that the board wanted to speak with him, regarding thoughts on the successor, or he could be moving up from U21, to a role more involved with the first team.
  • braydex said:

I want to see an experienced manager, preferably one who is used to championship football or at least English football.

The vacancy is for Head Coach, not manager.

I can't see many experienced British managers applying - they won't be able to sign the players they want, just the players they are given.
  • oggy look at your inbox mate
  • _nam11 said:

Damien Matthew will take training today. Would've finished by now. Probably on route to the ground to see RD

Apart from those involved with today's U-21 game - the 1st team squad are normally given Monday's off, I believe.

• I thought they had Wednesday's off?
  • se9addick said:

_nam11 said:

Does RD know where London is?
  • Oggy Red said:

braydex said:

I want to see an experienced manager, preferably one who is used to championship football or at least English football.

I can't see many experienced British managers applying - they won't be able to sign the players they want, just the players they are given.
    Don't a few PL clubs like Spurs, West Brom and Newcastle have similar arrangements now?
  • Thought it was Saturday afternoon they had off!

Only from August to May. They have to work during the summer attending garden fêtes and the such like....
  • Sponsored links:

• oggy look at your inbox mate

Steve, sent you a message.

• braydex said:

With no Manager, no professional development coach or performance analyst....who is taking charge of training today? Who will be picking the team on Saturday? Is RD going to shoot for the hip once again and appoint someone so soon they will take charge for Saturday's game, or will he take a week or 2 to maybe this time, find the right person? Or is he considering himself, seen as he buys the players, decides on the transfers, picks the team and formation......or so I hear!

In reference to the first part - bit like the last few months then really
  • Oggy Red said:

braydex said:

Don't a few PL clubs like Spurs, West Brom and Newcastle have similar arrangements now?
    Yep I can see alot more going this way.

Having a DOF or something who buys players is not necessary a bad thing and can work but I think the manager needs to have a say if not the final word on players.

• Oggy Red said:

braydex said:

Yep I can see alot more going this way.

Having a DOF or something who buys players is not necessary a bad thing and can work but I think the manager needs to have a say if not the final word on players.

If the Head Coach and Director of Football are working closely together, then there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

But they must be both singing from the same hymn sheet.
  • It'll be another manager who nobody outside this poxy network has heard of who will say in the interview 'yes I need a job, I am prepared to be your glove puppet'

When the reality hits in that some of the crap you are ordered to play does turn out to be as crap as suspected and you try and manage as a manager should and results are not in your favour you will be ousted upon your arse.

There are plenty of young coaches and unemployed managers who would be happy just to have their foot in the door. It's also pretty obvious why Roland only gave peeters a 12 month contract

With those trousers on she looks like she has her hands full with the catering
  • DM and Roberts in charge for Watford game
  • Interesting, Roberts watches most gamnes from the Upper West press gantry for the first half
  • DM and Roberts in charge for Watford game

The Dream Team.

• Oggy Red said:

DM and Roberts in charge for Watford game

The Dream Team.

Hmmmmm an exmidfielder promoted from within and a goalkeeper as his assistant that rings a bell