Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC Under 21s v Spanners Under Arrest - Watt and Dmitrovic start

2»

Comments

• Stayed until just after half-time when Millwall scored with 2nd phase shot after keeper saved free kick. Some decent performances in what I saw- Watt looks strong and quick - and aggressive. Callum added pace and flair, with a bit of greed. Decent enough midfield with Munnsy and Muldoon, KAG could make good pairing with Watt, Lennon and Guchi ok at centre-back. New keeper looked ok, kicked well against strong wind.
  • Not good! Looks like a Peeters sacking hang over!
  • On that showing there is no one pushing for a first Team slot. Oguchi Onyewu is a big lump but he is as slow as a snail on Valium. Also for their first goal he didn't attack the ball from the corner and the Millwall player nipped in front to glance home. Watt did ok, made the goal for Ahearne - Grant, by skipping down the left and crossing with the outside of his foot into his path. Millwall missed a penalty when Herman Munsters brother, Onyewu tried to be too clever and dribble it out of defence, he then brought the man down. Millwall also hit the woodwork twice, their second goal was a cracker with a bullet shot from outside the penalty area. An all too familiar story the U21s are beginning to resemble the first team, conceding at a set piece and only scoring one.

Munns and Cumberbatch were anonymous in midfield, Muldoon is beginning to resemble Bradley Jordan( what happened to him). Terrell Thomas was playing right side of a back three, he gave the ball away a couple of times. The new goalie made a couple of mistakes, one when he misjudged the strength of the wind. The penalty save was an easy one I would expect to save.

As you can see not a lot of positives.
  • dickplumb said:

On that showing there is no one pushing for a first Team slot. Oguchi Onyewu is a big lump but he is as slow as a snail on Valium. Also for their first goal he didn't attack the ball from the corner and the Millwall player nipped in front to glance home. Watt did ok, made the goal for Ahearne - Grant, by skipping down the left and crossing with the outside of his foot into his path. Millwall missed a penalty when Herman Munsters brother, Onyewu tried to be too clever and dribble it out of defence, he then brought the man down. Millwall also hit the woodwork twice, their second goal was a cracker with a bullet shot from outside the penalty area. An all too familiar story the U21s are beginning to resemble the first team, conceding at a set piece and only scoring one.

Munns and Cumberbatch were anonymous in midfield, Muldoon is beginning to resemble Bradley Jordan( what happened to him). Terrell Thomas was playing right side of a back three, he gave the ball away a couple of times. The new goalie made a couple of mistakes, one when he misjudged the strength of the wind. The penalty save was an easy one I would expect to save.

Any rumors form the training ground?
  • chilham said:

Stayed until just after half-time when Millwall scored with 2nd phase shot after keeper saved free kick. Some decent performances in what I saw- Watt looks strong and quick - and aggressive. Callum added pace and flair, with a bit of greed. Decent enough midfield with Munnsy and Muldoon, KAG could make good pairing with Watt, Lennon and Guchi ok at centre-back. New keeper looked ok, kicked well against strong wind.

Should hope our first team squad players look good against a weak Millwall U21 side.....
  • Ainsworth is looking at Harry Lennon
  • dickplumb said:

On that showing there is no one pushing for a first Team slot. Oguchi Onyewu is a big lump but he is as slow as a snail on Valium. Also for their first goal he didn't attack the ball from the corner and the Millwall player nipped in front to glance home. Watt did ok, made the goal for Ahearne - Grant, by skipping down the left and crossing with the outside of his foot into his path. Millwall missed a penalty when Herman Munsters brother, Onyewu tried to be too clever and dribble it out of defence, he then brought the man down. Millwall also hit the woodwork twice, their second goal was a cracker with a bullet shot from outside the penalty area. An all too familiar story the U21s are beginning to resemble the first team, conceding at a set piece and only scoring one.

Any rumors form the training ground?
    Not a thing.

• He was interested in pigot as well before he went to Southend
  • dickplumb said:

Cheers for the update - I guess my hope that Onyewu could be our ball winning midfielder/saviour was misplaced.
  • Sponsored links:

• WHO will lift this curse?

Luzon (sic?)
  • dickplumb said:

I am standing next to Gareth Ainsworth and Steve Gritt is here.
    We played against a very strong wind
    Onyewu looks pony.

I thought he was a bit horse.

• How did our right back look?
  • How did our right back look?

Your right back looked ok, perhaps you should play your U21s in the first team.

• RedChaser said:

Richard J said:

2-1 FT

Do we ever beat them at any level.
    Intelligence, oh and train spotting :wink:
    And number of managers per season
  • edited January 2015

RedChaser said:

Richard J said:

2-1 FT

Do we ever beat them at any level.
    Intelligence, oh and train spotting :wink:
    And number of managers per season
    Hope so, agent Holloway needs to stay in situ. :wink:
  • The high light or low light of the match was a 21 man push and shove in the middle of the fied after the millwall number 4 and captain Thompson did a foul.

dick plumb has given a good view of the game, i will add that Tony Watt controls the football very well,like
    he did 2nd half when he came on, but could not convert the two chances he had.
    i think the guy has a chance if given love by the crowd and management.

I saw two managers there Ainsworth and a beady eyed looking guy,
    who kept walking up and down saying "gizza job" ( i was hoping to see Jose Riga)

• dickplumb said:

How did our right back look?

Just signed Cummings from Reading for right back. That Siafa was signed from West Ham but not seen anything of him yet.

Apparently our young 'uns are some of the more promising we've produced for a long while.
  • dickplumb said:

Just signed Cummings from Reading for right back. That Siafa was signed from West Ham but not seen anything of him yet.

Apparently our young 'uns are some of the more promising we've produced for a long while.
    They'll be perfect for your L1 promotion campaign next season :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks to all for the interesting feedback on today's game.

On the basis of Dick's summary, the decision to ease out Morro on the basis that neither TBH or Bikey would (a) be injured (b) suspended or (c) lose form over 46 games, looks even more misguided and an even bigger a false economy. We've been very lucky thus far, ignoring for present purposes, the recent wobbles by Bikey. Let's hope that luck holds.

On a more positive note, good for Tony Watt to get some game time under his belt.
  • Blucher said:

Thanks to all for the interesting feedback on today's game.

On the basis of Dick's summary, the decision to ease out Morro on the basis that neither TBH or Bikey would (a) be injured (b) suspended or (c) lose form over 46 games, looks even more misguided and an even bigger a false economy. We've been very lucky thus far, ignoring for present purposes, the recent wobbles by Bikey. Let's hope that luck holds.

On a more positive note, good for Tony Watt to get some game time under his belt.

I would sack the manager who recommended this....oh.
  • Definitely tantamount to gross misconduct, although maybe a joint decision with the Roly accountant with responsibility for the monthly payroll. Still, good luck to Morro - a three and a half year contract is as secure as it gets in the Championship (always assuming the Brummies stay afloat).
  • Dick Plumb was bang on, although I like to watch Cumberbatch, always looks a tidy player to me.
  • dickplumb said:

Quite possibly. Would be more fun to watch young players developing and progressing than some of the overpaid wastes of space we currently have.
  • dickplumb said:

Quite possibly. Would be more fun to watch young players developing and progressing than some of the overpaid wastes of space we currently have.
    Come on Sparrows, that was just too considered and sensible. You need to comment on us as trainspotters or the fact that you are a double hard bastard and you will come to the Valley next time and teach us a lesson.
    This is ruining my image of you as knuckle dragging low life's.

• Blucher said:

Thanks to all for the interesting feedback on today's game.

d) Gomez coming through
  • dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

Come on Sparrows, that was just too considered and sensible. You need to comment on us as trainspotters or the fact that you are a double hard bastard and you will come to the Valley next time and teach us a lesson.

I'll cut you up, you muggy little no mark. Feed you to the pigs.

Your blue buses with those yellow seatbelts will be targeted as well. None of the flavoured windows will be safe either.
  • dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

I'll cut you up, you muggy little no mark. Feed you to the pigs.

Your blue buses with those yellow seatbelts will be targeted as well. None of the flavoured windows will be safe either.
    That's better.