Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why was Wilson picked yesterday after the Cup game?

I didn't go yesterday, but at the Cup game I'd never seen any player hide as much as Wilson. It was so blatant, like he doesn't want to get injured for his new club. Disappointing, as I think he's been harshly treated and could have made a difference sometimes, but the way he hid, went for no tackles, didn't bother chasing, marking or making himself available was disgusting. To me it looked like he didn't give a toss, rather than lack of confidence.

So how the HELL can the manager pick him again for the Brighton game, and then by all accounts he 'played' identically (if not worse)?

People paying their hard-earned for that is a complete insult, never mind EVERYTHING else.

Comments

• Had i been manager i would have picked him. After yesterday, i would search all other options before picking him again.
  • Ŵe had so few options in midfield he had to start, but after yesterday and with Buyens and Harriott back next week he needs to be dropped
  • Yesterday he was embarrassing, and no it wasn't just he's hair, but why does he have his hair like he does? He must realise he looks like a massive dumbo
  • No other option. Simple as that.
  • Yesterday he was embarrassing, and no it wasn't just he's hair, but why does he have his hair like he does? He must realise he looks like a massive dumbo

Maybe he thinks you look like a balloon head with your hair or lack of it!
  • No other option. Simple as that.

He could have a crew cut.
  • Who do you suggest Peters could have played in his place then?
  • Essex_Al said:

Who do you suggest Peters could have played in his place then?

Nobody. Playing with 10 men would have been better.
  • Essex_Al said:

Start Gomez at RB and solly RM
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Start Gomez at RB and solly RM
    Sounds OK, but Wilson is probably seen as a better finisher. Unfortunately, on the performance yesterday, the decision is moot...
  • Someone needs to ask him what is wrong. That is not Wilson we saw yday. Wilson tries and puts in a shift that makes up for his shortfall in genuine quality. I suggest he knows he's on his way out and trying to make a point.
  • I like Wilson and have defended him frequently but the last two performances have lacked energy and motivation and due to his lack of skill that's all he has in his locker.

I am now hoping that he moves during the window and we can upgrade.
  • Kap10 said:

I like Wilson and have defended him frequently but the last two performances have lacked energy and motivation and due to his lack of skill that's all he has in his locker.

I am now hoping that he moves during the window and we can upgrade.

agree with most of what you write .. the problem is that if he were to move out, would he be replaced other than with a 17 year old novice from the 'nursery' ?
  • The problem starts with no decent left winger. Gudmundsson is left footed and started on the left but he's so much better on the right. That's why Cousins has played on the left so often.
    And that's why I would go get Ajdarevic again even if he only plays 30-45 minutes per game.

With Buyens back next week I wonder what the midfield will be at the start and end of the game?
  • When things don't go well for Wilson he hides. He doesn't want the ball and as a pro footballer that is about the biggest on field crime you can commit.

I'm not the only one to notice it and in my book it is inexcusable.

He won't be retained at the end of the season.
  • I would have played Gerard, decent on the left and play JBG on the right.
  • Wilson was runner up for POTY last year, in fact he got my vote. At the beginning of the season his name would have been one of the first on my team sheet, but something has gone badly wrong with his game, yesterday he looked as though he'd never played before. Maybe he realised a while ago that, like Morrison, he was never going to be one of Bob's favourite's, and expects to go the same way. Yesterday there were times when the Wilson of old would have gone on a lung-bursting run down the wing and cut the ball back from the by-line, but the Wilson of today takes one look at the defender, turns and passes the ball back. At the moment it's Wilson getting singled out, but ask yourself how many players have improved under Bob, and how many have gone backwards?
  • Honestly he was so crap it was laughable, in retrospect I would rather we played Wiggins and Fox or Gomez and Solly down one of the flanks and had Gudmundsson on the opposite side.
  • Bob contemplates the game to see how it stax up, and thinks 'Wilson pickett'.

i'll get me.............
  • Sponsored links:

• The song has got to his head
  • I really like Wilson as a man and a player but I think Bob Peters management / coaching style has destroyed him this season. I hope the club has the decency to allow him to get away on loan.