Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Higher or Lower?

2»

Comments

• Lower
    It won't be quite the relegation battle of last season, but we will be on the fringes of the fight.
  • Lower, unless we get in a few decent recruits.
  • edited January 2015
    Lower.

Goals seem hard to come by. The defence, normally so reliable, has started to show cracks it appears so I just hope there are still three worse teams which is what I said at the outset of the season.
  • Lower. I'm sure the Rotherham players, for example, will be more motivated and work harder than ours...
  • Higher.
    If we don't beat Rotherham with what will be a fully fit squad then I can see Peeters being replaced.
    I predicted 12th at the start and I still think this squad can deliver that.
  • What do you get for a pair?
  • Ok so here's the result of our straw poll, so far. Of the 36 votes cast (unfortunately some soiled their papers, please) we have come up with the following:

Aye's to the left = Higher 19.%

Ney's to the right = Lower 67%

Sitting on the fence (Grrrrr) = Same 14%

Not exactly a Mori poll, but it is representative of many Charlton fans / Lifer's that watch games and take an interest 7 days a week. Not many optimists on here are there, but we are Charlton so have seen it all before.
    Cheers
  • So 6 weeks later and we're still 14th, but what are your thoughts now?

My cup is still half full, so higher for me.
  • having seen the team at Wigan I'd say

HIGHER
  • Sponsored links:

• My cup isn't still half full - as I have been very pessimistic- but the last two performances have shown a better way forwards - so I expect higher.
  • Higher ..as I have expected all season despite the bad run
  • Higher, especially looking at our run in.
  • I either said 12th or 14th somewhere on here at the beginning of the season.. can't remember which.. I'll have to look back on my posts! But I'm gonna say higher!
  • I will say lower. But by a place or two at most.
  • I said 14th in the pre-season prediction thread. i also predicted Jordan C. as POTY.

I'm sticking to both! :-)
  • vffvff
    edited February 2015
    Difficult to say. Who can tell with Charlton from one week to the next. Losing Henderson shows what can happen with injuries to key players. It all depends if there are injuries in key areas. The lack of depth is the problem.
  • Will miss out on playoffs by 4 points, so higher
  • edited February 2015
    I'm saying we will get something against Derby and hammer Hudders by at least one clear goal, setting up the rest of the season - between 12th and 14th

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    Because of our unbalanced midfield will struggle in some games,but see us having a lose ,win, lose win run to the end of season. (not in sequence maybe)
    Which will find as around mid table or just under. 12th to 15th depending on injuries to vital players like Henderson or Vetokele.

So stick.
  • Still say lower, squad is better but still too thin, playing better but for how long? I hope I'm proved very wrong.