Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

igor and watt

I don't know if it's just me but everyone was saying watt to partner igor but on today's show igor should be back up to George.where has this top striker gone

Comments

• Still don't think he is fully fit.. hopefully watt and George form a partnership so igor can get some rest and force his way back into the team..
  • dancafc said:

I don't know if it's just me but everyone was saying watt to partner igor but on today's show igor should be back up to George.where has this top striker gone

He's now a winger. Bikey is our new striker.
  • I think the front 2 should be Watt and Church. At least we had some movement out of those 2 in the 2nd half. Churchy isn't everyones cup of tea but at least he tries. Igor and George ... Nah, not on today's performance.
  • With George? You can't be serious, really wish I could see what you do in him. Better of sending him out on loan than Church!!!
  • I think George has got better over the last few weeks maybe not so much today but with confidence of a goal to 2 there's a decent player in there somewhere
  • dancafc said:

I think George has got better over the last few weeks maybe not so much today but with confidence of a goal to 2 there's a decent player in there somewhere

I missed the Cardiff game so I do hope I get to see this player that's 'in there' before he gets shipped out somewhere else in the network.
  • Id like to see Church playing behind a front two, or jut behind a lone striker.
  • I think george is lazy just don't rate him.
  • He gives the token jump/run every now and again. Just another player we carrying. Church should be in front of him, he will not stop working their back 4 and May not be the proflic striker we want but gives me and offers more than George.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bob said “Igor (Vetokele) is still struggling with his Achilles but he keeps on playing. We try to manage him as good as possible because he’s a very important player. Hopefully he’ll recover and play again Saturday."

I copy-pasted the quote in the post-game thread as well, and gave my thought on it; of course, I don't know how bad the injury is, but I do believe it is the opposite of good management if he keeps playing while "struggling with his achilles" - for what seems like several weeks now.

What I mean is, I would much rather have rested Igor and made clear he wouldn't be struggling throughout several games - it's not right!
  • Igor needs a rest for a few weeks, he's clearly not fit. If it was any other club they would rest their star striker to get him fully fit but we don't have the options.
  • I would happily start Watt and Church next week to give igor a rest
  • I just wonder on his little show today how long we will keep watt for I just fear Rd brought him here to put him in the shop window to fund the network or his wallet

And if Wolves win their replay this would give us the opportunity to rest him for a good three weeks whilst only missing one game - an opportunity we probably wont get again for the remainder of the season

Agree.
  • I really hope we don't loan Churchy out if we are not bringing in another quality striker, I think it would be a mistake at this point in time to let him go.
  • Anyone else think George was asked by Bob to go down injured early in the 2nd half so we could bring Watt on? He was f*cking atrocious today and I reckon to save face, Bob told him to crumble under the first challenge after the break.
  • Anyone else think George was asked by Bob to go down injured early in the 2nd half so we could bring Watt on? He was f*cking atrocious today and I reckon to save face, Bob told him to crumble under the first challenge after the break.

Exactly what I thought. It was a face-saving way rather than binning him at half time.
  • edited January 2015
    sasquatch said:

Bob said “Igor (Vetokele) is still struggling with his Achilles but he keeps on playing. We try to manage him as good as possible because he’s a very important player. Hopefully he’ll recover and play again Saturday."

I copy-pasted the quote in the post-game thread as well, and gave my thought on it; of course, I don't know how bad the injury is, but I do believe it is the opposite of good management if he keeps playing while "struggling with his achilles" - for what seems like several weeks now.

What I mean is, I would much rather have rested Igor and made clear he wouldn't be struggling throughout several games - it's not right!

He is struggling with and achilles injury but hopefully he can play Saturday.

Deary me. Just keep playing him. That should make it better. The joys of a paper thin squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Suddenly Church is going to be our saviour. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Suddenly Church is going to be our saviour. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

It's pathetic isn't it ? What's worse though is peters puts church central while pushing Igor out on the left, absolutely ridiculous ;-(
  • I'd rest Igor and play Watt up top with KAG. Church could be accomodated wide but a striker he is not.

It's pathetic isn't it ? What's worse though is peters puts church central while pushing Igor out on the left, absolutely ridiculous ;-(
    That was astonishing. Sure take off Wilson and use Church's pace on the right, but as for moving Igor wide left to accommodate him - just amazing.