Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spam text messages from the club

Anyone else getting these about rubbish like the Huddersfield game? Irritating, and even more so that it costs me money to opt out. How much is it? I have an alert only saying 'you will be charged'. Poor show, really.

Comments

• If you tell the club to stop sending you text messages, they have to stop by law and they will anyway. You should be able to switch of SMS marketing messages yourself via the "update your details and preferences" link at the bottom of the club's marketing emails.
  • RedPanda said:

Anyone else getting these about rubbish like the Huddersfield game? Irritating, and even more so that it costs me money to opt out. How much is it? I have an alert only saying 'you will be charged'. Poor show, really.

Is it really that irritating ? Do you have a complicated delete process on your phone ?

• Thought loads of people on here usually moan that the Club don't do enough proactive marketing?
  • RedPanda said:

Is it really that irritating ? Do you have a complicated delete process on your phone ?

I never opted in and I can't opt out without spending money. Yes that is irritating.

• RedPanda said:

RedPanda said:

I never opted in and I can't opt out without spending money. Yes that is irritating.

Yes you can

• RedPanda said:

RedPanda said:

Did you try what Airman suggested?

• RedPanda said:

RedPanda said:

If you give someone your mobile number you shouldn't be surprised if they use it
  • RedPanda said:

RedPanda said:

Did you try what Airman suggested?

I'm not on the mailing list and my (new) number they presumably have from buying tickets over the phone. I'll mention it next time I call.

• Is this anything to do with the new ticketing people Green 4 Solutions?
  • Step away from votv @Henry Irving