Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

lennon at lb and fox at lw?

Does anyone think Harry Lennon should play left back with Morgan Fox at left wing?

Comments

• Tried that idea with Wiggins and Evina and it didn't exactly work, so it's a no from me.
  • I doubt anyone would think of Fox at Left Wing, he is ok defensively but going forward and distribution are his weaknesses
  • Fox on left wing?!?!?!
  • No, just no.
  • NO NO and thrice NO.
  • absolutely not, although having never seen Lennon play I'd give him a try at LB
  • From what I've seen of Fox so far I'd definitely have to say no. He must have one of the lowest passes completed % of anyone in our team, and his crossing has been poor on the whole (though he has hit a couple of decent ones). However, defensively he's made a few decent tackles/interceptions, so if we're going to play him anywhere it should be left back.
  • Sponsored links:

• I take it you're joking?
  • edited January 2015

absolutely not, although having never seen Lennon play I'd give him a try at LB

Thought he did ok at LB when he came into the side last season as sub at Huddersfield in the cup to then secure a place in that 0-3 fateful game at Donny and then sub at Wigan1-2 when the clown threw two in his own net. More of a CB but also saw him play LB v Cardiff for U21s at the Valley couple of months ago and was a little off the pace against a reasonable winger especially towards the end of the game. Worth another try but Fox to LM no way Jose.
  • Bloody hell. Someone will be suggesting Solly plays in centre mid next.............

This isn't as ridiculous as you think, especially considering how stretched we were at the time in all positions other than right back.

Solly has played centre mid through most youth levels and was played there at points in pre season under Powell.
  • We've got a perfectly good def-mid playing on the left wing already thank you.
  • Bloody hell. Someone will be suggesting Solly plays in centre mid next.............

This isn't as ridiculous as you think, especially considering how stretched we were at the time in all positions other than right back.

Solly has played centre mid through most youth levels and was played there at points in pre season under Powell.
    Whooooooooooosh... He's played there three times this season under Bob
  • When is Onyewu back? I'd play him at left back over Fox. More importantly, when is Wiggins back?
  • CAFCsayer said:

Bloody hell. Someone will be suggesting Solly plays in centre mid next.............

Whooooooooooosh... He's played there three times this season under Bob
    I know that fella! I took it to be a dig at Bob so I was just highlighting that he's not the first person to think Solly at CM is a viable pick.
  • I think you've forgot to take your tablets today, go and take them immediately !!!!!

I for one think it's ridiculous ;)

Its not that super Solly can't perform there, but you don't play your best player out of position.

Especially with the knees.

I'd rather see a worse player in there than Solly moved out of the one position we have a player who is the best in the league.

But then again we have a perfectly decent player called Cousins.

BP baffles me how he assembles a team. You have to think 5 signings ahead and get a decent mix and blend. All about partnerships all over the field. So far he has been a bit tinkerman for me.

Don't blame him for the signings but I want to see our 2 best youths playing CM and RB so they can play to their best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Couldn't Mike Kenning do a job for us at LB?

(one for the old timers...I was at that game, and it still gives me nightmares)
  • edited January 2015
    Fox should play Left Outside. :smiley:
  • Couldn't Mike Kenning do a job for us at LB?

I was there as well, wasn't it Eddie Firmani that put him there?

• edited January 2015

Couldn't Mike Kenning do a job for us at LB?

That defied any logic whatsoever because he never fancied a tackle and was very right footed. Maybe the thought process was for him to jockey with his pace until there was sufficient cover?
  • Yeah, play them both in those positions if you want to get relegated!
  • I honestly don't know how good Lennon is , but Fox at left wing, no thanks , not if we have visions of getting 3 points against Brighton.
  • I honestly don't know how good Lennon is , but Fox at left wing, no thanks , not if we have visions of getting 3 points against Brighton.

We will be getting a draw against Brighton.

I was going to suggest target man
  • Bikey in the number 10 roll? Just behind the strikers pulling the strings.
  • Can admin move this to the jokes section.

Ta.